Coffee in Diamond Club Lounge

Hi, we haven't spent much time in the lounge. I hear there is a coffee machine that makes lattes, cappuccino etc.? If so is there a crew member that makes these drinks or self service? Any of the flavorings such as hazelnut or vanilla? Thank you for the help!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, z_cruisers said:

Hi, we haven't spent much time in the lounge. I hear there is a coffee machine that makes lattes, cappuccino etc.? If so is there a crew member that makes these drinks or self service? Any of the flavorings such as hazelnut or vanilla? Thank you for the help!! 

There is indeed that wonderful coffee machine in the lounge. We just got off Allure and everything was self service. Cappuccinos, latte, macchiatos etc. No flavours. They offer decaf as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, z_cruisers said:

It's self-service but simple to learn. It used to be available 24/7 but recent reports from certain ships state it's not prepped until 7am or so. Only a big deal if you wake up earlier than that and used to go get several cappuccinos every morning. 😭

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

There was a time after the restart when a crew member was manning the machine.  That seems to be over now, but I wanted to let you know to avoid any confusion from reading threads that were from that earlier time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z_cruisers said:

We recently got off Anthem and the coffee machine was self service.

I have a double espresso with a cappuccino added.

There are tea bags and hot chocolate satchets next to the machine and a hot water nozzle on the coffee machine to make tea or hot chocolate.

• Like 3

Probably not new to the coffee machine aficionados, but it's nice to bring a travel mug and then fill it with multiple servings of whatever from the machine (using a to-go cup to pour into your travel mug to be hygienic of course).

• Like 1

If you require decaf, be careful as often  the "decaf" beans  are not decaf at all, and just a second bin of regular beans.  I know that is the case on Harmony.   I was told the decaf bin does NOT contain   decaf beans.  

Otherwise,  enjoy.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jpcello said:

Oasis has one too. 

Just to clarify, they typically are in all of the ship's DC's.

Also the only times they are not available is when the Concierge or bartenders have it set in the cleaning mode.  But in our experience that is usually very early AM, although it can be done anytime in the DC's off hours.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

19 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just to clarify, they typically are in all of the ship's DC's.

Also the only times they are not available is when the Concierge or bartenders have it set in the cleaning mode.  But in our experience that is usually very early AM, although it can be done anytime in the DC's off hours.

I wish someone did it at the end of the night so it's ready for the early birds like me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I wish someone did it at the end of the night so it's ready for the early birds like me.

that's one thing I'll say for grandeur. It was working 24/7. The diamond lounge has a ambassador that is going places and pushing for top service for everyone in his lounge.

His ambition  is to be a genie some day so he is on the top of his game giving top notch service. Never once saw the coffee machine not working. And they take requests for snacks. Hes a charmer. 

20220521_080620.jpg

20220521_080608.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Self-serve and I usually get a double decaf cappuccino.   Also, when I was on the Easter Anthem cruise this and the cafe promenade were the only places that I could get a plastic cover for a take-away coffee.  To my surprise, the WJ which is a place that needs it the most, none were available.

35 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

On a recent Harmony cruise, the machine was closed down and in cleaning mode about 9:00PM.  We were in there at that time playing cards.  

M

41 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It may vary by ship.  I only recall our most recent experience on Anthem in April as the times it was done then.  I haven't really taken note of other ships as I usually use it around 8:00 AM and late afternoon and it was always working then.  Should have clarified that I guess.

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

On a recent Harmony cruise, the machine was closed down and in cleaning mode about 9:00PM.  We were in there at that time playing cards.  

M

Thanks. Been in an ongoing conversation with someone on the ship now and she is my source for it not being available in the early AM since she's upset too (although we were referencing the SL not the DL). I'll try both if need be.

My usual routine (not usually in a suite) is to go to the DL very early for my coffee, grab some danish from Cafe Promenade, and have "pre-breakfast" while my much healthier wife goes running.

Edited by OCSC Mike

25 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It may vary by ship.  I only recall our most recent experience on Anthem in April as the times it was done then.  I haven't really taken note of other ships as I usually use it around 8:00 AM and late afternoon and it was always working then.  Should have clarified that I guess.

On Anthem, it was around 7AM in conjunction with the breakfast goodies.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

that's one thing I'll say for grandeur. It was working 24/7. The diamond lounge has a ambassador that is going places and pushing for top service for everyone in his lounge.

His ambition  is to be a genie some day so he is on the top of his game giving top notch service. Never once saw the coffee machine not working. And they take requests for snacks. Hes a charmer. 

20220521_080620.jpg

20220521_080608.jpg

It's nice when you  find a good one!  On a recent Jewel cruise, our hostess was a mess. 🥺 

• Like 1

I'm sitting here drinking my Maxwell House, purchased at Sams Club, brewed in my $10 Mr. Coffee from a Black Friday sale, dreaming of that machine. 🤣 (Yes, I am frugal and proud.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm sitting here drinking my Maxwell House, purchased at Sams Club, brewed in my $10 Mr. Coffee from a Black Friday sale, dreaming of that machine. 🤣 (Yes, I am frugal and proud.)

I'd draw the line at Maxwell house coffee. I treat myself to good coffee at home. Some flavored dreamers. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd draw the line at Maxwell house coffee. I treat myself to good coffee at home. Some flavored dreamers. 

LOL, it's OK. I use vanilla creamer and liken it to the logic of not using really expensive liquor if you're going to mix it with something.

I was buying Walmart coffee at one point before inflation caused the price to go up. 🙈

First time as a Diamond on an upcoming trip... Can one enter the lounge in the morning, fill up a travel mug with coffee and leave? Or is this frowned upon?

I thought of getting my wife a good coffee every morning after waking up before we head out for the day.

20 minutes ago, Submariner said:

First time as a Diamond on an upcoming trip... Can one enter the lounge in the morning, fill up a travel mug with coffee and leave? Or is this frowned upon?

I thought of getting my wife a good coffee every morning after waking up before we head out for the day.

The machine does not make regular coffee - just specialties such as lattes and cappuccinos. It also has hot water for teas.  But you are welcome to come and go anytime and use the machine as you wish. I get lattes to take with me often.

The lounge is open anytime but staffed by the Concierge typically in the morning between 8:00 - 11:30 and in the evening between 4:00 - 8:30 (hours may vary). 

The cocktail hour is between 5:00 -8:30 and as Diamond you will be issued four drink vouchers each daily with a value of $13 each for use anywhere on board (except Bionic Bar) during the day and at the DC for the cocktail hour. Canapes and other snacks are served during the cocktail hour and pastries and fruit in the AM.

Note that your vouchers expire daily and are renewed daily - they do not carry over.  They are also combinable - you can use yours for your wife and visa versa.  We typically cash out any remaining vouchers at night at a bar and take unopened canned beverages (beer, Truly, etc.) back to our stateroom cooler for another day.

Your best bet for regular coffee remains with Café Promenade / Café Latte-tude, Windjammer, or Solarium Bistro.

Congratulations on reaching Diamond!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

37 minutes ago, Submariner said:

I do that every morning as long as the machine is on and prepped when I get there (very early). I use the disposable to-go cups to make one at a time and then pour into my travel mug for hygiene's sake.

As mentioned above, I wouldn't want to hold up a line doing this but I'm lucky if I see a single person other than possibly a staff member prepping for breakfast later.

• Like 1