Watch your Flight time changes!

suzyed

AND don't assume the airlines will notify you of the change. They don't in most all cases which is really poor customer service. And this is one thing no one can blame on covid; it has been happening for years now. On one occasion they had us booked on a connecting flight that was scheduled to leave prior to our arrival. It has made me extremely paranoid and I check on the airline website very frequently as a result. 

Apparently customer service is DEAD across most channels today.

1 hour ago, Bwana Tom said:

AND don't assume the airlines will notify you of the change. They don't in most all cases which is really poor customer service. And this is one thing no one can blame on covid; it has been happening for years now. On one occasion they had us booked on a connecting flight that was scheduled to leave prior to our arrival. It has made me extremely paranoid and I check on the airline website very frequently as a result. 

Apparently customer service is DEAD across most channels today.

Make sure you go to the airline app and check your flight. Check that your phone and email are in your profile. If you’re enroute, you should check your flight.  

The flight protection, is programmatic and it can protect a flight that is not correct.  If you ever get one that doesn’t work, call your TA, or the airline. We use Delta and United a lot and always get notified of schedule changes.  But, we do mostly book directly online with them.

I noticed on EZ Air booking, there was an option to opt out of airline notifications.  I would never opt out!  You want to be notified.

If you booked with a TA, the schedule change will go to them…to advise you.

If you booked directly, they should have your email, phone, etc.  And you should be notified by them.

Hope this helps someone out there.

• Thanks 1

My daughter had her flight changed from 11:30a to 7:30a for our flight home.  We dock at 7am.  After 4 phone calls and on hold for over 2 hours with no help, she finally called AmEx and they fixed it for her and changed her flight to 1:42p.  AmEx to the rescue!

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

My daughter had her flight changed from 11:30a to 7:30a for our flight home.  We dock at 7am.  After 4 phone calls and on hold for over 2 hours with no help, she finally called AmEx and they fixed it for her and changed her flight to 1:42p.  AmEx to the rescue!

It was booked through AmEx, or just charged with that card?

Watch your flights is an understatement. Watch! Watch! Watch!

We booked via EZ air. Delta notified us over a month ago of the schedule change. EZ Air/ Princess still does not show the schedule change as of today. The change has a return flight at 7 am  - ship get in at 7 am and we are 2 hours from airport.

I have notify my Princess VP.  Since the air was booked via EZ Air, I am not able to change the return via Delta. She has sent it to EZ Air at least 3 times notifying them of flight change. Their response was "What flight change?" and told her to fill out a form. To save time I gave her the new return flight number that would work for our return. 

We are on the EZ air will get to you "soon" list.  Thank goodness our cruise is in October.

17 minutes ago, 63 Super Sport said:

We booked via EZ air. Delta notified us over a month ago of the schedule change. EZ Air/ Princess still does not show the schedule change as of today. The change has a return flight at 7 am  - ship get in at 7 am and we are 2 hours from airport.

I have notify my Princess VP.  Since the air was booked via EZ Air, I am not able to change the return via Delta. She has sent it to EZ Air at least 3 times notifying them of flight change. Their response was "What flight change?" and told her to fill out a form. To save time I gave her the new return flight number that would work for our return. 

We are on the EZ air will get to you "soon" list.  Thank goodness our cruise is in October.

Same thing here, luckily mine isn't until fall.  

1 hour ago, 63 Super Sport said:

It took them about 3 months to get ours rebooked after American canceled our return flight in February. Now I'm just trying to get the return flight ticketed. We're 26 days from departure.

If your cruise isn't until October, I wouldn't be worrying about it, or hassling the EZ Air department, at this point. Your flights could change multiple times between now and then, which is no doubt why they aren't rushing to make changes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ontheweb said:

It was booked through AmEx, or just charged with that card?

Booked through AmEx.  And as a matter of fact they upgraded her from Main cabin back to Comfort Plus(she was moved there when they changed her flight time,  Delta couldn't seem to do this after talking to 4 different agents.)
I have used my Amex to book but never did it through Amex travel....guess I will take a look at it in the future.

• Thanks 1

Spent 5 hours on the phone with EZ Air yesterday. Not so easy. Delta changed my flight so many times and Princess did not make one of the changes for my flight on Monday. Finally got it resolved I hope.  It will be a miracle if all ten of us test negative before we leave and then arrive after multiple flights from different airports. Make sure your Princess flights agree with the airlines.

On 6/1/2022 at 10:07 AM, suzyed said:

Booked through AmEx.  And as a matter of fact they upgraded her from Main cabin back to Comfort Plus(she was moved there when they changed her flight time,  Delta couldn't seem to do this after talking to 4 different agents.)
I have used my Amex to book but never did it through Amex travel....guess I will take a look at it in the future.

I love working with AMEX travel.   They really helped with my fights when I was in quarantine on a dive trip.    

• Like 1

reading these stories alone is so stressful. i know i'm the only one in the world that never flew to a cruise but i'm glad i have that honor now. it sounds miserable and crazy stressful. also seems like booking a day before the cruise isnt even safe enough anymore. 

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

reading these stories alone is so stressful. i know i'm the only one in the world that never flew to a cruise but i'm glad i have that honor now. it sounds miserable and crazy stressful. also seems like booking a day before the cruise isnt even safe enough anymore. 

If we have to fly, we alway fly at least the day before. Sometimes we may do a few days just to enjoy where ever it is that we are flying to.