14th June 10 nights now 8 nights

We haven't received any notification as yet but my mother in law did much ealier in the day.

We have non refundable flights for Friday so we will have to decide if we pay the $100 to change them or have an extra two days in Sydney paying for food and accomodation. Your right $$$

I wonder how many people have flights booked for the end of the cruise or are doing a back to back like you. No doubt we will hear about it on the cruise, it will probably be a hot topic. 😄

Just as well I'm so happy still about just being able to go on a cruise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sewgood said:

We haven't received any notification as yet but my mother in law did much ealier in the day.

We have non refundable flights for Friday so we will have to decide if we pay the $100 to change them or have an extra two days in Sydney paying for food and accomodation. Your right $$$

I wonder how many people have flights booked for the end of the cruise or are doing a back to back like you. No doubt we will hear about it on the cruise, it will probably be a hot topic. 😄

Just as well I'm so happy still about just being able to go on a cruise.

Hi , did you login to cruise control there should be a envelope icon you click on . Some flights could be changed due to covid 😉,do you have travel insurance? Keep receipts and lodge a p&O out of expenses claim if insurance clam is rejected. 

• Like 1

Something to be mindful about if cruises are going to changed at short notice.

Wonder if pre/post cruise arrangements have been made with the cruise line if they are then responsible for costs and changes? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Hi , did you login to cruise control there should be a envelope icon you click on .

Thanks Hogbay for the information and advice.

Yes I did log in to get the  information.

My parents in law who are in a suite received the email at around lunch time today.

Perhaps they are working down the cabin categories to send out the emails as we still haven't received the information, not that I need it now.

I have looked at the rates for Sydney for the two nights and they are about $500 a night for where we usually stay so we will probably head home early.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pully8 said:

Something to be mindful about if cruises are going to changed at short notice.

Wonder if pre/post cruise arrangements have been made with the cruise line if they are then responsible for costs and changes? 

We usually cruise with Princess and for overseas cruises we book our flights through them as I have it in my head that they will cover the costs if they make changes to the cruise and the flights have been cheaper as well.

We didn't have the option of booking the flights through P&O.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Is P&O going to reimburse the extra costs involved in shortening the cruise by two days?

Makes one apprehensive about booking cruises in Australia unless you live locally.

They are giving a pro rata refund (ie two nights out of a ten night cruse ) and $200 obc per person. If you have travel insurance there is no problem. Also P&O have sent me a personal email noting that I am B2B saying a representative will be calling me to discuss 🤞??? Seems fair and reasonable to me.Screenshot_20220603-071107_Gmail.thumb.jpg.b1c45268db4b50214237aae219cb9e76.jpg

• Like 1

So, they have foreshadowed that they will need a scheduled rest/reset. They have been back for just a few days, so that sounds like a convient excuse. If they have identified they needed a break, it should be parked after passengers disembark tomorrow morning.

There surely has to be more to it than that.

43 minutes ago, arxcards said:

So, they have foreshadowed that they will need a scheduled rest/reset. They have been back for just a few days, so that sounds like a convient excuse. If they have identified they needed a break, it should be parked after passengers disembark tomorrow morning.

Possibly a mechanical issue that needs a couple of days with the ship at rest to get fixed?

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Is P&O going to reimburse the extra costs involved in shortening the cruise by two days?

Makes one apprehensive about booking cruises in Australia unless you live locally.

P&O and Princess have always covered the passengers' costs if a cruise is altered, or even if it arrives into port very late on the scheduled day. I doubt that this would be any different. I don't think we have to be apprehensive about booking cruises in Australia. Last minute changes to a cruise can happen anywhere in the world for 'emergency' (what the cruise line calls 'operational') reasons.

56 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Don't know why the pause? But boarding tomorrow and i will be asking around. There was speculation that two days off a ten night cruise was less disruptive than cancellation of a whole cruise even a 3 nighter.

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

They are giving a pro rata refund (ie two nights out of a ten night cruse ) and $200 obc per person. If you have travel insurance there is no problem. Also P&O have sent me a personal email noting that I am B2B saying a representative will be calling me to discuss 🤞??? Seems fair and reasonable to me.Screenshot_20220603-071107_Gmail.thumb.jpg.b1c45268db4b50214237aae219cb9e76.jpg

It was the B2B interstate passengers I was thinking about,

24 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

There was speculation that two days off a ten night cruise was less disruptive than cancellation of a whole cruise even a 3 nighter.

I agree with the speculation that if they needed two days to fix whatever then our cruise should be the one to be shortened.

At least we still get to go to Cairns, one day is better than none.

I can't complain really I'm getting a free cruise and now $200 each to spend on board plus shareholder benefit.

They are paying me to cruise. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Seems like 3 reasonable options.

• Like 1