Question about Yacht Club: Divina vs Meraviglia

Muushka

We cruised in YC a few weeks ago on Divina.  Our first MSC cruise and we loved the YC experience.  But we were not thrilled with the cabin.

We were surprised at how small it was and a few other complaints.  The television was crazy small and programming was terrible.

My questions are, are the cabins any better on Meraviglia?  Size, storage, TV?  Is the programming the same, extremely limited?

We love cruising from Port Canaveral because we drive.  And we love cruising in suites.  But we cannot justify the high cost of the YC for such a small cabin and bad TV experience.  We usually cruise on Celebrity, but wanted to try something new and closer.

We really did enjoy this cruise and the experience, but won't do it again in Divina.  Thanks!

Following! We agree about the poor tv choices. I Know you go on cruises to do other stuff, but we enjoy a show as we wind down for the evening. We’ve gone so far as to consider packing a DVD player and some dvds to fill in the gap. I’m not sure if they would let you hook it up, but would love to know if anyone else has had any luck before we drag it on. 

Hi if you thought the room small do not do a YC interior they are smaller.  As for the tv we rarely watch I bring an Ipad  and use Netflix or whatever we are also able to read news in the daily newspaper provided.

7 hours ago, Muushka said:

.....My questions are, are the cabins any better on Meraviglia?  Size, storage, TV?  Is the programming the same, extremely limited?....

The same, and we love both ships! On vacation, the TV is not a concern for us. 😉

Edited by hamrag

Yes, the cabins in Divina YC are smaller (older ship) than Meraviglia. Meraviglia YC1 cabins are a good size. My last 3 MSC sailings were in Meraviglia YC and I love that ship. Will be doing a solo B2B on Divina in a YC1 leaving today. Only time I look at a TV in my cabin is to check my folio or the ships position.

8 hours ago, blueskadoo said:

We’ve gone so far as to consider packing a DVD player and some dvds to fill in the gap. I’m not sure if they would let you hook it up, but would love to know if anyone else has had any luck before we drag it on. 

We have done many non English cruises and there is only CNN and bbc usually in English so we bring a DVD player.

Some TV's don't have jacks, some don't allow input to be changed.

So our player has a small screen just in case. 

We just got off the Seashore and while it had a large TV and the room was larger, we booked the YC again on the Divina while on board. To us, the room size didn't make a difference. The reason we do the YC is the service and that doesn't change much from ship to ship. The only down side, if you call it that, is the restaurant on the Divina is aft. Makes for a nice walk. If TV programming and cabin size is that important, for double the price you can go into the Haven on NCL.

11 hours ago, blueskadoo said:

Following! We agree about the poor tv choices. I Know you go on cruises to do other stuff, but we enjoy a show as we wind down for the evening. We’ve gone so far as to consider packing a DVD player and some dvds to fill in the gap. I’m not sure if they would let you hook it up, but would love to know if anyone else has had any luck before we drag it on. 

Good idea!  Does anyone know if the wifi included with YC is able to handle streaming Netflix or whatever?  We have a Roku stick that carries all of our streaming services including YouTube TV (live).  It is great for vacations. 

Does anyone know if the TVs on Meraviglia can handle these devices?

7 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Hi if you thought the room small do not do a YC interior they are smaller.  As for the tv we rarely watch I bring an Ipad  and use Netflix or whatever we are also able to read news in the daily newspaper provided.

We both appreciated that newspaper. 

4 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Yes, the cabins in Divina YC are smaller (older ship) than Meraviglia. Meraviglia YC1 cabins are a good size. My last 3 MSC sailings were in Meraviglia YC and I love that ship. Will be doing a solo B2B on Divina in a YC1 leaving today. Only time I look at a TV in my cabin is to check my folio or the ships position.

Well that's good news that the cabins are larger on M.  I also saw a picture and the TVs are larger too.

Good luck checking your folio on Divina.  I had to stop off at concierge frequently to check ours.  No, that is not on the TV in Divina. Apparently it isn't a smart TV. 

Now that's an understatement!  And on the last 2 nights of our cruise the reception went out on that little tiny TV, just when I found a movie on TCM that I wanted to watch!

Thanks all for the info and hopefully just a few more answers.

No, we won't be going on NCL.  But we will be going on Celebrity.  Can't wait to try The Retreat

Just one more complaint (sorry!).  On other cruise lines they have movies playing daily, some 3 times a day at different venues.  Either a dedicated theater or MUTS (outdoors).  And in addition they have movies in the cabin that are on demand.  Start and pause to watch later.  On our 10 night MSC cruise, I think that they only showed 1 movie (in the big theater), and then 1 MUTS.  A total of 2 movies over a 10 night period.  Honestly I may have missed 1 or 2, but not intentionally.  I really wanted to enjoy a good movie. 

But YC was a very pleasant experience.  I look forward to doing another MSC cruise, but they have to improve the TV/movie options.  Unless I can use that Roku!

4 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Thanks for all of this information.  

Cheers

The Meraviglia's YC suites have plenty of storage.  It was not until Day 5 of my 7 day cruise that I discovered storage behind a panel outside the bathroom that I thought was just a wall.  The TV is large with sufficient programming for me.  I did not appreciate, however, having to pay for one movie that I wanted to see.