Costa Luminosa to join the Carnival Fleet in Brisbane

3 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Someone over at FB, just said this
"get ready, some exciting news is going to be announced tomorrow.….. FINALLY!!!"

WHOO HOO !!!

You know what they are like.

Big news could be JH getting a new pair of budgie smugglers.

But Luminisa news is long overdue..

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Someone over at FB, just said this
"get ready, some exciting news is going to be announced tomorrow.….. FINALLY!!!"

WHOO HOO !!!

There is a scent in the air. Let's hope it is the smell of excitement, but I agree. Seems it isn't about JH this time. A 10 week challenge will make it tough, so perhaps the big man himself will be heading down to attract the JH fan club to book.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

They are up, with the first cruise on 6th November.

Cruise Search | Find Cruises for 2022-2024 | Carnival Cruise Line

Still showing The Spirit on my cruise planner !!!   I would have thought that people that have already booked might have received some info on cabin replacements before now seeing they have now released cruise booking dates . I received the following email in march

Edit !!   Carnival must of been keeping watch on me. After posting the above I received and email. The following is a part of it. is 
  • (  Our team will be working on moving all the reservations until 2 September 2022, so there is no need to call us.  We appreciate your understanding as reservations cannot be accessed by anyone outside our technical team during this period. )

Edited by JohnGc

17 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Still showing The Spirit on my cruise planner !!!   I would have thought that people that have already booked might have received some info on cabin replacements before now seeing they have now released cruise booking dates . I received the following email in march

Edit !!   Carnival must of been keeping watch on me. After posting the above I received and email. The following is a part of it. is 
  • (  Our team will be working on moving all the reservations until 2 September 2022, so there is no need to call us.  We appreciate your understanding as reservations cannot be accessed by anyone outside our technical team during this period. )

As a swap over, I gather your cruise is at the back end of next year?? Plenty of time to sort that out to keep the corresponding cabin for you. You are correct though, anyone with an existing booking should be given the courtesy of being notified ahead of the announcement. I guess they are just trying to align with Mr Loose Lips JH to keep it all hush-hush until the last moment. I did know it was going to be today, as it was discussed with T/A's on Coral over the weekend, and a hush-hush mandate implemented. I overheard, or is it overHeald a conversation at lunch on Saturday.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

As a swap over, I gather your cruise is at the back end of next year?? Plenty of time to sort that out to keep the corresponding cabin for you. You are correct though, anyone with an existing booking should be given the courtesy of being notified ahead of the announcement. I guess they are just trying to align with Mr Loose Lips JH to keep it all hush-hush until the last moment. I did know it was going to be today, as it was discussed with T/A's on Coral over the weekend, and a hush-hush mandate implemented. I overheard, or is it overHeald a conversation at lunch on Saturday.

You are correct my cruise is a long way off so obviously I have not been concerned, just curious. Hopefully the Luminosa being the sister ship to the Spirit, might have the same cabin layout and I will get the same deck and cabin. Has not been the big announcement I was expecting , maybe they are waiting until all the refurbishments have been completed later on, hopefully by the time of my cruise.🤞

14 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

You are correct my cruise is a long way off so obviously I have not been concerned, just curious. Hopefully the Luminosa being the sister ship to the Spirit, might have the same cabin layout and I will get the same deck and cabin. Has not been the big announcement I was expecting , maybe they are waiting until all the refurbishments have been completed later on, hopefully by the time of my cruise.🤞

Pretty sure they will have some rendered pics rolling out over the coming days and weeks - keep feeding out crumbs regularly.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

@CDaze71 must be too busy booking some cruises on Luminosa today.

I'm looking. Been up since 4am. Can't say I'm excited though. Price, Itinerary, and how much Funship 2.0 will it have. Also NYE 2022 is back to the Barrier Reef, not South Pacific. 

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I'm looking. Been up since 4am. Can't say I'm excited though. Price, Itinerary, and how much Funship 2.0 will it have. Also NYE 2022 is back to the Barrier Reef, not South Pacific. 

I could get excited about some quirky itineraries or some super prices. Can't say I have spotted either yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

I could get excited about some quirky itineraries or some super prices. Can't say I have spotted either yet.

Australia deserves better. How about an around Australia cruise for starters.  Or shorter cruises to Tassie, Vic, SA, Perth, in summer? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Exactly. How do they think they are going to fill the ship for the 2022 cruises THIS LATE in the game? Give me a sale and I WILL BOOK.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Australia deserves better. How about an around Australia cruise for starters.  Or shorter cruises to Tassie, Vic, SA, Perth, in summer? 

I don't know that around Oz is part of Carnival's fit, but I agree on a change-up of ports. There is more than 4 ports in the Pacific, but you would hardly know it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Exactly. How do they think they are going to fill the ship for the 2022 cruises THIS LATE in the game? Give me a sale and I WILL BOOK.

I think they were relying on doing a series of JH fan club cruises, but most won't travel down here when mask, vaxx & testing are still required. Maybe if we all take a book of raffle tickets .....

Yeah, I think they will be a hard sell, but tough for them to launch at bottom dollar. There should be a bargain or three to be had out of Brisbane this summer between Coral, Encounter, Luminosa & Quantum.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2022 at 12:15 PM, arxcards said:

I think they were relying on doing a series of JH fan club cruises, but most won't travel down here when mask, vaxx & testing are still required. Maybe if we all take a book of raffle tickets .....

Yeah, I think they will be a hard sell, but tough for them to launch at bottom dollar. There should be a bargain or three to be had out of Brisbane this summer between Coral, Encounter, Luminosa & Quantum.

Couldn't agree more about Luminosa having to be bottom of the Pricing tree. After 2 months when it was announced we where getting a new ship. Checking YouTube videos & seeing that it doesn't have much in comparison to older Carnival ships we have had in the past & the other 3 Brisbane Ships this season. To attract passengers 2 weeks in Drydock won't be enough. Sad as Brisbane has a better balance of cruise schedule for me. 

7 days to islands or GBR. I will probably sail once in March on her, then 1 more cruise on Splendor to make it 25 with Carnival. Then back to RCL, or become a young Princess Cruiser..

PS:CDAZE, hope you liked me tagging you on BookFace at 4 in the Morning.😃😃

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

@arxcards    I just booked the Luminosa for NYE of 23/24.
Plus I'm on the Splendor for NYE 22/23. And two more FCC's to book soon.

Congrats on your new booking.

I have been looking at just this season this morning, and compared them against my wife's work roster. Two possibles (March 23rd, April 9th). The April 9th one is a bit xxxy, but it is Easter. In comparing the March 29th one with other 3 nighters on Quantum and Majestic, and it isn't all favourable. I haven't logged in as VIFP yet, but the current pricing falls in favour of Majestic 24th Feb. 

Just off cruise line websites, pp twin, cabin choice, aft location:

23rd Feb, Quantum 3 nights,  $637 balcony, $984 junior

24th Feb, Majestic 3 nights, $527 balcony, $640 mini ($678 balcony, $791 mini with Plus package)

23rd March, Lunminosa 3 nights, $585 balcony, $882 mini

I am still to compare with others at the same time out of Sydney. but atm it looks like we are booking a plus package mini on Majestic, and hanging out for a Luminosa price drop for 23rd March. 

PS: I just clicked on one of those $791 plus minis and the  price came up as $732, so it is getting even better.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 12:15 PM, arxcards said:

There should be a bargain or three to be had out of Brisbane this summer between Coral, Encounter, Luminosa & Quantum.

That is what I have been thinking - but how and where to keep an eye on them ???  But , although not too worried about getting Covid itself, I am still quite concerned about the consequences of getting Covid while onboard a cruiseship

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

By my reckoning, aka I can't find where I read the date last time, Costa Luminosa departs for her final cruise today - Italian time. Then straight into drydock upon return.

Yep correct. A couple of weeks ago I looked it up on the Costa website. From memory it finishes 3/4th September. JH is heading to Italy to do a tour on the 7th September and will post photos and videos on his FB. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bazzaw said:

That is what I have been thinking - but how and where to keep an eye on them ???  But , although not too worried about getting Covid itself, I am still quite concerned about the consequences of getting Covid while onboard a cruiseship

Keeping an eye on them - I guess would be via your usual T/A or by registering at the cruise line sites for their deals emails. The el Cheapo thread here would also be worth a regular glance. The pricing of most cruises isn't as low as I would expect, and most from Sydney have been holding on till around about final payment. Luminosa's early cruises are already at that stage, and no real deals to be had yet, except for Princess.

So far, my concerns have been getting it on the days leading up to the cruise, but P&O and Princess have been offering credits if that was to occur. As the current covid run begins to wane, when the govts decide to drop pre-cruise testing, that will disappear - but not till very late in the year at the earliest. 

Covid onboard currently = free testing, and crediting you for any days you are in isolation. On return, if you live within 2 hours of the port, they are getting you home if you don't have private transport, and you complete your ISO at home. Travel insurance would pretty much cover the rest.

On 8/29/2022 at 6:23 AM, CDaze71 said:

Yep correct. A couple of weeks ago I looked it up on the Costa website. From memory it finishes 3/4th September. JH is heading to Italy to do a tour on the 7th September and will post photos and videos on his FB. 

I think one of The Dry-Dock options of operators is in Italy. So straight to Dry-Dock next day. John jumps on a couple of days later to say how fabulous it's going to be. Without water works & other Carnival Australia options that we are used to.. We will know in next 10 days.. At least I got Splendor for the First time in 32 days..

• Like 1