Costa Luminosa to join the Carnival Fleet in Brisbane

34 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I'm torn, really am. Might do some begging with my home boss tonight and my work boss tomorrow.

I'm having an issue with Carnival not yet moving my FCC over to this booking because it's solo. The cancelled cruise was a family cabin. Hubby had to fill in a form but still waiting for approval. And I'm cruising on Saturday so can't chase it up while I'm away. Ggrrgghh. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I'm having an issue with Carnival not yet moving my FCC over to this booking because it's solo. The cancelled cruise was a family cabin. Hubby had to fill in a form but still waiting for approval. And I'm cruising on Saturday so can't chase it up while I'm away. Ggrrgghh. 

Trying out Encounter?

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Trying out Encounter?

Yes Encounter on Saturday. Then Lumo in November, and Splendor for NYE.
The problem I have with this Lumo 6th Nov trip is that I paid the difference between the full balance owing and my FCC balance. And they are taking their time in moving my FCC over because hubby isn't on this cruise. But that "Final Payment" balance due is due on Monday, and I won't be here.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

The problem I have with this Lumo 6th Nov trip is that I paid the difference between the full balance owing and my FCC balance. And they are taking their time in moving my FCC over because hubby isn't on this cruise. But that "Final Payment" balance due is due on Monday, and I won't be here.

Yes, inside final payment date.

I had the same with the first Pacific Explorer cruises back, and couldn't get 2 x cancelled deposits from other cruises moved over in time. I did get told that when I booked though, and unlike FCC, they just became an everyday refund a couple of weeks later. I guess they are happy to do so, but someone needs to find that form in their inbox first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thanks for the heads up on this.  Booked it.  Flying up from Sydney.  Can you locals or regular cruisers from Bris supply suggestions for hotel stay for 2.  Just looking for standard accommodation that is in an appropriate location for airport/cruise terminal.  Thanks

This has been posted on Facebook and they supposed to have a shuttle to the cruise terminal, I haven’t stayed there so I can’t comment on the motel

https://riverviewmotelbrisbane.com.au/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Did you see the posting on Facebook about the $199 balcony on the 3 day cruise 1st December 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rkmw said:

Did you see the posting on Facebook about the $199 balcony on the 3 day cruise 1st December 

Those that received the generous offer from Carnival a bit over a week ago was for the first 5 or 6 cruises.

Yes, I can cruise that one balcony solo for $199, or the first 7 nighter for $446 solo balcony, or 11 nights NZ for $607 solo balcony.

I was doing some extra digging to make room for the first one - my flights from Newcastle would be almost as much as the 7 night cruise.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rkmw said:

This has been posted on Facebook and they supposed to have a shuttle to the cruise terminal, I haven’t stayed there so I can’t comment on the motel

https://riverviewmotelbrisbane.com.au/

Stayed there a bit over 10 years ago, walking distance to Breakfast Creek hotel for a feed. There are a few others a but closer for the airport, with some also doing the free cruise shuttle when arranged with the booking.

There has been a couple of active threads here over the past month or two, the most recent one - 

• Thanks 1

Did you ask BOTH Bosses?

Flights are the killer ATM, so haven't asked. More reasonable prices coming up the day before, but then there is accommodation to add. Maybe they will let me pitch a tent in the Wilson car park for a 1 day fee?

I think my promo doesn't end till the 23rd, but I have pretty much put a line through it.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:24 PM, arxcards said:

Those that received the generous offer from Carnival a bit over a week ago was for the first 5 or 6 cruises.

Yes, I can cruise that one balcony solo for $199, or the first 7 nighter for $446 solo balcony, or 11 nights NZ for $607 solo balcony.

I was doing some extra digging to make room for the first one - my flights from Newcastle would be almost as much as the 7 night cruise.

What would be the going rate for a 7 nighter solo balcony for a regular passenger?  No airfares for Brisbane departure!

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What would be the going rate for a 7 nighter solo balcony for a regular passenger?  No airfares for Brisbane departure!

A friend (55+) booked a solo balcony the other day, haven't checked current pricing but look it up. They paid $1,070.

A friend (55+) booked a solo balcony the other day, haven't checked current pricing but look it up. They paid $1,070.

Thank you.  With the current high price for domestic airfares, not having to fly is a big advantage for Brisbane passengers to be tempted!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Depends on a couple of things.

The super duper restricted promo = $446, with no solo supplement being charged on the first 5 or 6 cruises.

The regular pricing on the three early 7 nighters seems to be just under $900, also with no solo supplement.

For mid December onward, regular pricing shapes around $2500, back to a 180%+ solo supplement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The super duper restricted promo = $446, with no solo supplement being charged on the first 5 or 6 cruises.

The regular pricing on the three early 7 nighters seems to be just under $900, also with no solo supplement.

For mid December onward, regular pricing shapes around $2500, back to a 180%+ solo supplement.

Thank you.  I had better get serious researching possibilities before they run out.

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

I found a $934 Senior Rate solo balcony from Brisbane 7 nights to Great Barrier Reef from 4/12. When is the ship due to arrive in Brisbane?  

• Like 1