Costa Luminosa to join the Carnival Fleet in Brisbane

On 8/31/2022 at 3:48 AM, CarnivalShips480 said:

Interesting he is doing a tour of Costa Luminosa. Why not Carnival Luminosa after dry dock?

Probably as they will look the same anyway. After watching the social media videos last night, it would seem that inside the ship, nothing much changes other than branding and name changes of some areas. Bound to be footage of the new hull & stack paint job in a couple of weeks, but anyone from Carnival can do that.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 8:35 PM, arxcards said:

Has anyone seen any good deals in their inbox for the early cruises on Luminosa? I have received an offer I can't refuse for the first month of cruises, but I might have to because Barb will struggle to have enough leave.

Curious if anyone booked on the first one on 6th November.

I've just booked for first cruise on 6th November. Cruising with my sister this time to check out the ship and Carnival in general. Excellent deal in emails this week. All but one of the 2022 cruises clashed with our Princess bookings. Had we been free, we could have done the NZ 11 day from Brisbane for $30 per day!!! Worth checking inbox if a past passenger. Amazing bargains on all categories and able to choose stateroom (not guarantee).

12 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

I've just booked for first cruise on 6th November. Cruising with my sister this time to check out the ship and Carnival in general. Excellent deal in emails this week. All but one of the 2022 cruises clashed with our Princess bookings. Had we been free, we could have done the NZ 11 day from Brisbane for $30 per day!!! Worth checking inbox if a past passenger. Amazing bargains on all categories and able to choose stateroom (not guarantee).

GGrrgggh another one. Not EVERYONE got these emails and amazing deals, trust me I tried. And this is not my first rodeo. I also want to book for the 6th Nov cruise, but solo prices (hubby staying home this time) are making it a bit pricey. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Worth checking, but seems most aren't eligible for the exclusive deal. I am lucky to be eligible, for whatever reason, but unless Barb changes her mind, it looks like we will be missing an unmissable deal. You get to choose your cabin, but it gets dearer if you are picking one out of the minimum category.

Just to think, all the prices include port charges, and apart from the NZ one, GST as well.

2 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

GGrrgggh another one. Not EVERYONE got these emails and amazing deals, trust me I tried. And this is not my first rodeo. I also want to book for the 6th Nov cruise, but solo prices (hubby staying home this time) are making it a bit pricey. 

If you could get the deal, the 150% solo pricing is still awesome - if only.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

If you could get the deal, the 150% solo pricing is still awesome - if only.

I know. I'm trying. At the moment the best I can get is an interior solo for $1,343. Then I add my FCC. I'm on the Encounter in just over a week, so when I get back, I will see what's available for the the 6th Nov Lumo then.

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1

Just now, CDaze71 said:

I know. I'm trying. At the moment the best I can get is an interior solo for $1,343. Then I add my FCC. I'm on the Encounter in just over a week, so when I get back, I will see what's available the the 6th Nov Lumo then.

If I could give you my spot on the K5Y promo list, I would.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

If I could give you my spot on the K5Y promo list, I would.

Yes, that's the code. This is the first really good past passenger deal I'd received. I thought maybe it triggered because I'd been signing into my Carnival account in past fortnight after others reported deals. I hadn't signed in for years but did some dummy booking runs looking for deals. So maybe worth spending some time going into your VIFP account a few times, in case it's monitoring activity to target deals. My husband hasn't used his account for years and he did not receive the email.

9 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Yes, that's the code. This is the first really good past passenger deal I'd received. I thought maybe it triggered because I'd been signing into my Carnival account in past fortnight after others reported deals. I hadn't signed in for years but did some dummy booking runs looking for deals. So maybe worth spending some time going into your VIFP account a few times, in case it's monitoring activity to target deals. My husband hasn't used his account for years and he did not receive the email.

I didn't receive the email either, and only occasionally logged in to do check-in stuff for a couple of short Splendor cruises next year. I cruised with my mum on my first Carnival cruise, so maybe she got the email. One of the other agents working with my T/A got the deal, so my agent started screening through his cruiser list, found I qualified and emailed me pricing.

Great to receive it, but I don't know if it was random or via an algorithm. Even after completing our two Splendor cruises next year, I will still be red card VIFP. We had Carnival cancellations during the shut down, have recently completed or have bookings on P&O, Carnival & Princess - but pretty much the same for Cilla.

• Like 1

From watching all of John H's videos of his walkies around the Carnival Luminosa in Palermo, this is what I discovered:
The current Deck Plan mentions the Limelight Lounge fwd-ish on Deck 3. John said it will actually be the Punchliner Comedy Club.
The Grill will have "available" a delicious burger (not Guy's branded), an addition of Meat Pies. Does available mean included or an upcharge?
Pizzaria Del Capitano and Deli will be there.

Botero's Donna will remain in the Atrium. Problem there is that in Australia you can't pre-book your Shore Excursions like you can in the US. So embarkation day in the Atrium is VERY crazy busy. And the Cruise Director also has large events in the Atrium. For these reasons I think the Botero will be in the way.

No mention of the future of waterslides or waterworks.
With one less pool than the Spirit has and no waterslides or waterworks, can you imagine a Queensland Hot Summer School Holidays heading out to the South Pacific tropics? That lido pool will be PACKED.
Adults will have Serenity Deck, but kids will pack out the lido pool.

https://www.carnival.com.au/-/media/4f1f5be57837446a82fd902eeb2aade2.ashx

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1

I think the burgers will be the same inclusive fare as the other ships, just not Guy's. I can't imagine an upsell on pies, but lets at least hope the pie warmer works.

Water slides/water park are very much in the future, and I can't recall seeing an itinerary gap when a real Carnival 2.0 refit would be done. Also a real possibility, Luminosa may not be the Brisbane ship into the future, but for now she is seen as more profitable in Brisbane than anywhere else.

• Like 1

I saw on one itinerary for the Luminosa the ship goes to Champagne Bay , Vila and a couple of islands in Fiji, I haven’t been to Champagne Bay for nearly 10 years so I might again

wish Princess & RC included Champagne Bay

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I saw on one itinerary for the Luminosa the ship goes to Champagne Bay , Vila and a couple of islands in Fiji, I haven’t been to Champagne Bay for nearly 10 years so I might again

Champagne Bay is one of my favourite places in the South Pacific, along with Bora Bora. 🏝️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

So do I Bob. In general, I would like to see them mix it up a bit more. A bit less Lifou & Noumea, a bit more Mare, Champagne Bay, Wala etc. And those forgotten stops like Ouvea & Pentecost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

Oh and I keep hearing comparisons to the Spirit/Legend. But there is one less pool and no waterworks or wterslides. Here are both deck plans for comparison.

https://www.carnival.com.au/~/media/FA7048854292445B8A2DD38823D843E9.ashx

https://www.carnival.com.au/-/media/4f1f5be57837446a82fd902eeb2aade2.ashx

They compare. They are all Spirit Class ships.

They don't compare, as they were built for different markets and were fitted accordingly. A bit like comparing Carnival Splendor with Costa Concordia

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Champagne Bay is one of my favourite places in the South Pacific, along with Bora Bora. 🏝️

We stayed with the family that 'owns' (their wording) Champagne Bay when we did a land based trip. Indeed a beautiful beach, especially when you have it to yourself which is most of the time.  I also love Mare. Agree, the South Pacific itineraries require some diversity.

23 minutes ago, arxcards said:

So do I Bob. In general, I would like to see them mix it up a bit more. A bit less Lifou & Noumea, a bit more Mare, Champagne Bay, Wala etc. And those forgotten stops like Ouvea & Pentecost.

I suspect that getting access to those islands by the cruise lines requires a great deal of glad handing of the local dignitaries. Once the relationship falls away, like during covid, it would be very difficult to reinstate.

Given time and a chance to get people back on side, I reckon we'll see those other islands on cruise itineraries.

31 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Geoff as far as itineraries go I believe the Luminosa is the only ship that goes to Champagne Bay in February 2023 & February 2024

Wala and Ouvea were nice places also but they don’t go there now

14 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Yes, no real Single Supplement deals. 

I know with Splendor, the first cruise was 3 nights & was $750 for inside all June/July.. They Add a extra day to make it 4 nights, it stayed the same price for a week.$750 interior for first cruise back. Didn't book it cause it was during school hols & couldn't get time off. Then mid August it went up to $1150, but it started getting full. Had to bite the bullet 10 days ago & paid 1150 single interior, for 2 people extra $65 only..

At least I can say I was on last Cruise before Covid & First..