Radiance -Is this upgrade worth it?

pinto18

Ok I really dislike the "Is ( insert whatever) worth it" since its all so subjective so I cant believe I am asking. We just took an upgrade ( yes yes I know its an upsell but whatever) from deck 1 ocean view to a spa balcony deck 10 for 180 dollars. It is a 4 day cruise on the Radiance. I was a no and hubby a yes so we took it. Just wondering if I should have stuck to the no.

• Like 1

It would be worth it to me as you get a balcony for less than $50 per day.  And you are on a much more desirable deck for getting out and about.  If you get the use of thermal suite, for sure worth it.  In either event, enjoy that balcony - one of the best parts of cruising for me. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lazydayz said:

It would be worth it to me as you get a balcony for less than $50 per day.  And you are on a much more desirable deck for getting out and about.  If you get the use of thermal suite, for sure worth it.  In either event, enjoy that balcony - one of the best parts of cruising for me. 

I totally agree. Anytime you can go from an ocean view to a balcony(Spa balcony, no less) for only $180 more is a win, win. 

• Like 4

I don't really like being on Deck 1 on this class of vessel, the thrusters and other docking operations can be somewhat loud depending on what part of the deck you're staying on. Even Deck 2 is considerably quieter. So I would have probably taken the upgrade especially if it was a cheap cruise to begin with.

• Like 2

Having sailed on the Radiance several times this year, IMHO, the upgrade was worth it.  I have sailed on deck 2 and didn't like it.  The other two times were in balcony cabins and it was a much better experience.  I love being able to step outside and get some fresh air and have ample light coming into the cabin.  Again, this is my preference.  

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but we are on the Aug 1st sailing, and took the upgrade offer from standard Balcony to Ocean Suite for $252, but we have 4 people in the cabin... so the cost per person was fairly low, and we could use the extra space.  My only fear is getting spoiled by it.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2022 at 4:56 PM, pinto18 said:

deck 10

I think the only situation where this would be a "no" for me is if I were sailing during a time of year known for rougher seas. As someone who got moved from Deck 6 to Deck 10 on my last cruise due to a maintenance issue, I could feel the rocking of the ship significantly more during our sea days from Deck 10 v Deck 6. I can't imagine the difference you might feel between Deck 1 and Deck 10.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:34 AM, boufa said:

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but we are on the Aug 1st sailing, and took the upgrade offer from standard Balcony to Ocean Suite for $252, but we have 4 people in the cabin... so the cost per person was fairly low, and we could use the extra space.  My only fear is getting spoiled by it.

I doubt you'll be spoiled, I was given a free upgrade to a grand suite and I wasn't impressed. The Jacuzzi was cold, and the bidet, well, that was useless; after six days of washing my face in it I found out that it wasn't used for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7