Bringing soda onboard

I thought we were allowed a 12-pack, but just got our cruise ticket package this morning, and page 9 clearly states you can bring your 2 bottles of wine but that no non-alcoholic beverages are allowed onboard. Has this policy recently changed?

14 minutes ago, tallgirl97 said:

I thought we were allowed a 12-pack, but just got our cruise ticket package this morning, and page 9 clearly states you can bring your 2 bottles of wine but that no non-alcoholic beverages are allowed onboard. Has this policy recently changed?

Changed a while ago however they have not changed the cruise docs.

11 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

I carry on a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi in a small roller bag on all cruises, never had any issues.

Same, just last Month, and in April, carried on 12 pack 16.9oz Bottles Mt Dew as have for 30 yrs

Edited by ONECRUISER

I noted several contradictions in the cruise documents.  

To be argumentative, I literally just watched a You Tube video of a couple giving tips for Embarkation Day -- good video.  Each of them boarded carrying a 12-pack of sodas /12-oz aluminum cans -- they're not trying to hide them, so clearly the people in the terminal were okay with the sodas. 

Note that this video was made THIS MONTH, so it's quite current. 

Want to see?  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

47 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I noted several contradictions in the cruise documents.  

To be argumentative, I literally just watched a You Tube video of a couple giving tips for Embarkation Day -- good video.  Each of them boarded carrying a 12-pack of sodas /12-oz aluminum cans -- they're not trying to hide them, so clearly the people in the terminal were okay with the sodas. 

Note that this video was made THIS MONTH, so it's quite current. 

Want to see?  

Carrying on sodas or waters at embarkation is allowed, nothing to be argumentative about

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I meant the quantity, which is more than RCCL's official amount ... yet was clearly allowed.

it’s a personal choice but for me personally lugging all that stuff around until the rooms are ready 1:30-2:00 doesn’t appeal to me at all!!

51 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I meant the quantity, which is more than RCCL's official amount ... yet was clearly allowed.

Like the wine allowance, the folks checking for that cannot be bothered to ask/check if the two cruisers are together. 

• Like 1