Coastal Kitchen tipping

We are in a GS next cruise.  Does everyone tip per meal or at the end of the cruise?  We usually travel in a JS and if we have dinner at CK we usually leave a cash tip on the table before leaving.  We will be eating more meals at CK this time and was wondering what everyone usually does.  In the MDR, we tip extra at the end of the cruise.  Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

We are in a GS next cruise.  Does everyone tip per meal or at the end of the cruise?  We usually travel in a JS and if we have dinner at CK we usually leave a cash tip on the table before leaving.  We will be eating more meals at CK this time and was wondering what everyone usually does.  In the MDR, we tip extra at the end of the cruise.  Thanks! 

We tip at the end of the week.  We will give one envelope to the manager for all the waiters if we do not have an assigned waiter.  On Anthem, we have had an assigned waiter that takes care of us all week.  In that case, we tip that waiter directly.  On our recent Quantum sailing, we had all the waiters at one point or another, so was best just to leave a group tip.

• Thanks 1

When in a JS, we tip at the time of service. When in a GS or higher, we are assigned to the same server for dinner, no matter when we arrive for dinner.  We tip that server at the end of the cruise. 

If we have breakfast or lunch in CK, and get a different server than the server we have for dinner, we tip at the time of service.  We always carry cash for tipping, so it’s no big deal. 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always at the end of each meal for us.  Very likely you will have different servers at some point at least once or twice.  But do it however you want.  

I just much prefer to do it with each meal.  I’m sure they appreciate that too.  I’m certainly not the type to tip before service (to entice good service), but I also wouldn’t want them thinking I’m not tipping them all week.  We typically get fantastic service in the CK.  So I’m sure they appreciate the tips.  With that said, I suspect they would provide good service either way.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I wonder that as well.  Seems like it should, but we always leave extra on the table.  

m

The one time we sailed star class, I asked our genie about that.  She said they did, that was why they asked for room number- to track it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sammydent said:

I know this is very subjective, but how much do you leave at the end of each meal? 

Depend On service, a few dollars for breakfast, five or more for lunch , ten for dinner . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have the prepaid tips, but always tip in cash after each meal, including breakfast.   No matter if CK, or MDR, or specialty.  Dining managers get an envelope at the end of the cruise.  

Many times, same waiter...sometimes not.   They do appreciate the immediate thank you in cash.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, molly361 said:

Do they get the portion of your tips that would have gone to your MDR servers?

I don't know that I care.  I figure the prepaid tips are going to somebody who hopefully deserves them.  I want to make sure the staff in CK who assist me are taken care of, and the best way to do so is to tip them myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sammydent said:

I know this is very subjective, but how much do you leave at the end of each meal? 

Depends on how many are at your table.   But if just 2-4  I’d say 5-10 for breakfast and lunch. 10-20 for dinner. 

• Thanks 1