Celebrity Luggage Tag Holders on Amazon

ScottC4746

I've seen I can purchase nice luggage tag holders for the print at home tags for Celebrity Cruises available on Amazon.  The reviews some people say the tags don't fit too well.  Has anyone bought these and what is your experience with them.

I've been using mine for about 8 years and they are still working perfectly.     They are a bit shorter than the actual tag so I just fold the top and never had a problem using them or getting my luggage.

They are sturdy and I just use plain printer paper.

• Like 2

if you fold, and then insert, you will struggle a bit due to the extra volume of paper.

I trim the printed tags to just the middle section, getting rid of all the 'informational' stuff, fold in half, and they slip right into the holders.  Yes it's a waste of paper, but I would rather not curse when I am stuffing the tags into the holder.🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've been using these for at least 10 RCL/Celebrity cruises.  No problem with fitting the printed tags inside as long as you cut out just the tag itself like @inuzzo suggests above.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lnuzzo said:

if you fold, and then insert, you will struggle a bit due to the extra volume of paper.

I trim the printed tags to just the middle section, getting rid of all the 'informational' stuff, fold in half, and they slip right into the holders.  Yes it's a waste of paper, but I would rather not curse when I am stuffing the tags into the holder.🙂

Good idea.   I always just trim mine using a paper cutter and  just slip them in. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lnuzzo said:

I agree with this. I love the holders, but if you don't trip the excess paper and fold them - as intended when not using a tag holder - it creates a lot of bulk to fit in a small space. I just trim off the excess paper on the sides so that you're left with only the actual printed color tag portion, fold it in half as directed, and slip it in the holder. The vinyl of the holder can tend to stick to itself, so it helps to slid a finger into the pocket before sliding the luggage tag in to help make it a little easier to slip the paper tag in. 

Interesting that we use slightly larger plastic tag holders from Amazon that I guess must be more generic, as other cruise lines have ways of folding the printed page that create a wider tag. Never had any problem fitting without any trimming and room to spare. Really recommend the larger holders as you may cruise other lines some day. 

• Like 1

Amazon also sell a wider version suitable for Princess & P&O, which I have as well. However, I haven’t tried them with  Celebrity, but I assume there would be no need to trim. 

twodjs

I was posting at the same time as you!!😱😱

Edited by upwarduk

9 hours ago, twodjs said:

Interesting that we use slightly larger plastic tag holders from Amazon that I guess must be more generic, as other cruise lines have ways of folding the printed page that create a wider tag. Never had any problem fitting without any trimming and room to spare. Really recommend the larger holders as you may cruise other lines some day. 

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Amazon also sell a wider version suitable for Princess & P&O, which I have as well. However, I haven’t tried them with  Celebrity, but I assume there would be no need to trim. 

twodjs

I was posting at the same time as you!!😱😱

Good point. We cruise with both X and Princess and have both sizes, and I did notice that the Princess tag holders are the same length as those for the X tags, but wider; so the X tags will fit in the Princess/P&O holders with room to spare.

And there are many who find a luggage tag holder just for getting you bags from the pier to your cabin a bit over the top.

Porters will tag them at the pier for free and we always put a piece of duck tape or similar with our cabin number written in Sharpie Marker to avoid any issues.  Easy and no stress.

31 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

And there are many who find a luggage tag holder just for getting you bags from the pier to your cabin a bit over the top.

Porters will tag them at the pier for free and we always put a piece of duck tape or similar with our cabin number written in Sharpie Marker to avoid any issues.  Easy and no stress.

Don't forget getting from your cabin back to the pier.  The ones the cruise ship uses sometimes come off.  I've had the Amazon ones for several years, and for $7+, they work for us.

Also as Alaska Wildcat suggested.    I got a last minute Gratis Upgrade the night before recent cruise with no time to update as the passenger tested positive.  

I simply crossed out the old room number and wrote in the new number and luggage still arrived without a problem.