Board games onboard (Haven)?

14 minutes ago, Taishartrueblood said:

Good afternoon, I havent seen anyone ask this yet. Do they have board games (Scrabble in particular) on-board, either in a playing room or in the Haven? We can bring our own but would rather not 🙂 

Enjoy your cruise however you want. If scabble is your thing, then go for it. 

It is unclear what ship you will be sailing on, but the larger ships have a Card Room tucked away down a hall next to the Atrium screen. Here's the games in the Card Room on the Encore a couple of months ago. You'll probably have to go through the box and make sure you can get all of the pieces for the game you want. 

image.thumb.png.5996b21e4b1cf2f0bfa830ea7c36cb41.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Taishartrueblood said:

Good afternoon, I havent seen anyone ask this yet. Do they have board games (Scrabble in particular) on-board, either in a playing room or in the Haven? We can bring our own but would rather not 🙂 

We grabbed a Scrabble game from the Card Room on the Encore and took it back to the Haven one night. We were in the completely empty lounge and had a great time.  You do you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Enjoy your cruise however you want. If scabble is your thing, then go for it. 

It is unclear what ship you will be sailing on, but the larger ships have a Card Room tucked away down a hall next to the Atrium screen. Here's the games in the Card Room on the Encore a couple of months ago. You'll probably have to go through the box and make sure you can get all of the pieces for the game you want. 

image.thumb.png.5996b21e4b1cf2f0bfa830ea7c36cb41.png

Do they have something like that on Jewel class ships, specifically, such as the Pearl?

I had never looked for anything like that.

My main concern would be missing pieces...

I'm teaching our grands to play chess, and that might be nice for sea days (if they want to).

GC

This was very helpful; thanks for asking.

We've spent some enjoyable, quality time playing board games with my son and our nieces while on cruises along with everything else that the ship has to offer. My wife and niece even enjoyed putting a puzzle together as that's something that don't normally get to do together.

• Like 1

Just got off the Encore on Sunday.  We were in the Haven and they had board games in the Haven’s Observation lounge.  They had Scrabble, Checkers and special edition Monopoly.  They had other board games as well but I don’t remember what they were.  There were multiple sets of each type.  A family had a Monopoly game going for a few days. They had it set up in the lounge and left it alone for long stretches. Nobody in the Haven touched it. 

Enjoy the cruise and the board games!

On the Getaway we found some games in the library. We also brought along a couple of card games so we could enjoy in our room or wherever we wanted. 

Also...dare I mention I took a few naps and even watched a few of the free movies (Haven perk). I know @complawyerwould be displeased with these decisions, but my grumpy friend we did enjoy ourselves. The point of the cruise was to relax and not do anything at all! 

• Haha 1

On transatlantic voyages, NCL provides a bridge instructor/game director who, on sea days, provides a beginner lesson, an intermediate lesson and a duplicate bridge game.  In my experience, about 50 passengers take part in each event.  It is a great way to learn bridge or improve your game and to make sea days pass quickly.  In addition, I have never failed to make friends at these events.

• Like 2

Our second-favorite thing to do on sea days is to find a couple of shaded loungers on the pool deck, set up a backgammon board, and play endless games while the pool attendants bring us rum&cokes.  I've never heard anyone object to it before, but so be it.   

• Like 2

We bring Rummikub, cards, and a 500 ct. Jigsaw puzzle with us. 

People will come over to us when we are playing cards, playing rummikub, or doing puzzle and start conversations. Its relaxing, fun and its your vacation...do what you want.😊

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wil e coyote said:

Jenga on a sea day could be fun - especially if there are heavy seas... 🤪

I was thinking since they removed the mini golf they should have put giant board games in that empty space.  I think giant jenga at sea would be a blast.

• Like 2

With a lack of internet connection, lots of free time, and while traveling with family, playing board games sounds like a great idea, especially as we will have 4 days at sea. I hadn't even thought of that and I'm glad to see there are some games available on board! I don't often get to ay board games with my kids in the hustle and bustle of daily life. And while there are plenty of other things to do on board, not all of them are particularly interesting to children (who may or may not have limited activities available with the splash academy). I'm definitely going to add it to our list of things to do on board and I know my children will be hyped about it. 

We are a family of 4 and have spent time playing games in Haven game room as well as Jewel Class game rooms. If you love scrabble throw it in a gallon ziplock bag and put it in your suitcase. Many of the games on ships are missing pieces and it can be annoying. We always bring a few card games we really love to play and not risk what they have. We also love to put on our pajamas and get ice cream from the buffet and play cards before bed.