Loved the Seashore YC, debating on the Divina YC

Paphillyguy

So we have been on the Seashore twice and will be on the Meraviglia in October in the YC.  We are looking at the Divina for next Spring.  I wanted to get some thoughts on the Divina YC compared to the Seashore.  Was the dining in the Aft a hassle since we are used to it being in the YC complex?  How does the pool deck compare?  I guess I am looking for some insight as to whether we will be disappointed in the older smaller ship.  Thanks   We really like the itinerary as it goes to some ports we have not been.  (Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica)

First off, don't worry about the older smaller ship. The Divina is beautiful. We've been on her twice and booked her in the YC again while on the Seashore. The Top Sail Lounge is almost as nice as the Seashore, as is the One Pool, ,only smaller, but less people also. Le Muse, the YC restaurant is very nice, and while in the backe, gives you a chance for some  excercise.

14 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

Was the dining in the Aft a hassle since we are used to it being in the YC complex?  

We thought that it was a hassle. There is no good way to walk there inside and most of the time it was to windy to go outside.

• Thanks 1

We did Mera then one day later Divinia last Fall.  Have been on Divinia before and Seaside twice.

Going from Mera to Divinia first thing seemed Divinia lower ceilings and claustrophobic in inside areas except the lounge.  Got over that in a day.

Both recent sailings reduced capacity so that also influenced things.  Divina was great as usual.  They have increased shaded areas by the pool over the years but not as good as the newer ships.

Less technology on Divinia.

Walk to back restaurant we just go out YC, then down to first floor of rooms, walk back through the jogs then up.  Easy.

We also  thought leMuse on Divina was a hassle.  Since we also had breakfast there we made that trip twice  day and at dinner time it always seemed we were going against the traffic.  Otherwise, loved both ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

We also  thought leMuse on Divina was a hassle.  Since we also had breakfast there we made that trip twice  day and at dinner time it always seemed we were going against the traffic.  Otherwise, loved both ships.

We ate there three times most days. Breakfast and lunch was okay but it always too windy to go outside for dinner!

On 6/22/2022 at 2:48 PM, Paphillyguy said:

Was the dining in the Aft a hassle since we are used to it being in the YC complex?  How does the pool deck compare?

The answer for dining depends very much on how sensitively your hassleometer calibration is set! 😉

As others have reported, there is no direct indoors route but (for us) it was no problem in the slightest on her sister ship Preziosa. There is no doubt, for those who do not wish to 'muss your hair do', wind would be a factor outdoors at dinner with the ship moving. 

The pool deck is comparable, aside from the fact the sunbeds have no cushions.

We've always enjoyed the walk to the restaurant at the aft. Stop for pre dinner drinks and people watching. We view it as part of the evening routine rather than a hassle. It's also quite nice to do a few extra steps on the return to ease down all of those calories 😁

Edited by CruisingFox27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Stop for pre dinner drinks and people watching. We view it as part of the evening routine rather than a hassle

Thanks for an alternative view; one that I had not considered.  The walk to the YC Restaurant has been an a "turn-off" for me when I have considered Divina.  

But, what about breakfast?  Make a stop for a Bloody Mary, etc. en route?  

Never bothered to walk 300 meters to the restaurant, I guess because we are on vacation.

Also enjoyed the walk outside.  Preferable to walk on the port side: (1) because there is only an entrance back in on the port side to access Le Muse and (2) there is the Diarrono Bar (aka Garden Bar) just before getting to that entrance.  Perfect for a quick aperitif.

We were last on Divina just before the pandemic. Il i remember well, if we wanted to go to Le Muse indoors, our choice would be deck 13, or even deck 7 if we wanted to be offered pictures a thousand times. Deck 14 is to be avoided, as you then have to go through the buffet.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for an alternative view; one that I had not considered.  The walk to the YC Restaurant has been an a "turn-off" for me when I have considered Divina.  

We're not great breakfast people so we didn't go to the restaurant, just coffee and pastries delivered to the cabin. However, I like your idea 😉😁

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 7:54 PM, rkacruiser said:

Breakfast at Le Muse is fine.  Eggs any style, bacon, ham, sausages, fruits, grilled tomatoes, cheese, etc.  Along with espresso, lattes and the likes.

Not to mention mimosas.  I prefer mine with no orange juice 😬, and it all begins at the Top Sail before spilling over to Le Muse.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zephyr173 said:

I prefer mine with no orange juice 😬, and it all begins at the Top Sail before spilling over to Le Muse.

If I began the day with Mimosas, et al, in the Top Sail Lounge before Breakfast, I would probably require the services of a Butler to get me to Le Muse

• Haha 1