Favorite Royal Class And Ship

23 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

No 🔥🔥, just a different perspective. Of the approximately 165 hours I am on a cruise during a 7 day voyage,  I figure I’m looking at the outside for maybe 2 of them. I am more interested in the inside. 

mac_tlc

That’s my thoughts also

9 hours ago, Ky Bill said:

I guess throughout my 69 RCCL cruises I've been on almost every class of RCCL ships back to Song of Norway.  My favorite RCCL cruise ship is the one I'm lucky enough to be on at the time!  My worse day on a cruise ship beats my best day at the office.

Bill

great attitude.   But surely you must have one ship that you really loved.  Song of America was supposed to have been really great in her day.  I did Sovereign back in here first year.

3 hours ago, F27TW said:

I only sail on pretty ships (externally) 🤭 ... so that lets Oasis Class (hideous, overgrown looking tubs)  and Quantum Class (just clunky and ungainly looking, especially the stern)...  also not a fan of Vision class (also an ugly stern section and the weirdly placed Viking Crown lounge).. though I have been on Enchantment once and that was a decent cruise.  

The rest in the RC fleet  (IMO) are very pretty .. love the Freedom, Vision and Radiance classes and I've been on all 3.   Also loved the Sovereign Class . . such an elegant, clean design.

When I'm in port looking over at "our" ship, I like being proud of the one I'm going back to.   I know I'm gonna get flamed .. so .. fire away!  Lol

I actually care very much about the look of the ship, too. I posted something about that a long time ago and the flames followed. I think RCI's V/F class ships are about the best of the new breed of ship. I also can't stand ships with hideous paint jobs. Yes NCL and Aida,  I'm talking to you.

• Like 1

This came up on the one of the other recent ship/class threads.  Everyone has their favourites, but I also like going to some different ports.  The Oasis sisters are by nature only big ports/stops  so also loving the vibe on Radiance class and also going to some other smaller ports that are not able to welcome the big girls.

As noted my wife disagrees wholeheartedly so we have to do 2 cruises so we can both be happy 😁  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ky Bill said:

I guess throughout my 69 RCCL cruises I've been on almost every class of RCCL ships back to Song of Norway.  My favorite RCCL cruise ship is the one I'm lucky enough to be on at the time!  My worse day on a cruise ship beats my best day at the office.

Bill

That's cute, but I've honestly had great days at the office and crappy days on a cruise.

Sad you had such a lousy career 😢 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I actually care very much about the look of the ship, too. I posted something about that a long time ago and the flames followed. I think RCI's V/F class ships are about the best of the new breed of ship. I also can't stand ships with hideous paint jobs. Yes NCL and Aida,  I'm talking to you.

What do you think of the oversized names on Oddysey and Wonder?

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Agree 100%.  Those giant hideous lips and eyes on the AIDA ships .. so tacky.   Norwegian Epic as well .. thats horrible.   I especially hate that new bow design on some of these brand new ones (Celebrity Edge, Norwegian Prima and the Virgin ships).   They don't even look like ships any more. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, F27TW said:

I only sail on pretty ships (externally) 🤭 ... so that lets Oasis Class (hideous, overgrown looking tubs)  and Quantum Class (just clunky and ungainly looking, especially the stern)...  also not a fan of Vision class (also an ugly stern section and the weirdly placed Viking Crown lounge).. though I have been on Enchantment once and that was a decent cruise.  

The rest in the RC fleet  (IMO) are very pretty .. love the Freedom, Vision and Radiance classes and I've been on all 3.   Also loved the Sovereign Class . . such an elegant, clean design.

When I'm in port looking over at "our" ship, I like being proud of the one I'm going back to.   I know I'm gonna get flamed .. so .. fire away!  Lol

Correction to above:  i meant i love the Freedom, Voyager and Radiance classes.  

15 hours ago, Missymo said:

Best thing for me is 5 drinks a day (no need to purchase a drink program. also believe free laundry ( Im going on 9-12 night cruises, so that will help) Plus other things (free photo) that I have no use for.  Took me almost 20 years to get there. I'll take it. 

Thanks for your reply.  All the best and have fun on your next cruise.

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am one of the "inside of the ship" is where I spend the most time, so it is more important.  But at the same time, I agree totally with you as well. 

A few months ago we were docked at St. Maarten on Harmony.  Poor little Rhapsody came in for restock and crew change.  The little ship had been out of service for income sailings for months, anchored off of St. Maarten as crew isolation ship, and no work had been done to the outside of her for those many months.  She was looking really rough.  Lots of rust and outside neglect.  Hope she has a new face lift by now.  Always loved that little ship.  

16 hours ago, F27TW said:

I think although the oasis class has very good profiles for as big as she is, and the quantum class doesn’t look bad either. I agree totally that the voyager and freedom classes are the prettiest, and look the most like a ship in the fleet. But NCL and MSC seem to have forgotten what a ship looks like. Prima and World Europa look like glorified rockets at sea. (Don’t even get me started on virgin)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am one of the "inside of the ship" is where I spend the most time, so it is more important.  But at the same time, I agree totally with you as well. 

A few months ago we were docked at St. Maarten on Harmony.  Poor little Rhapsody came in for restock and crew change.  The little ship had been out of service for income sailings for months, anchored off of St. Maarten as crew isolation ship, and no work had been done to the outside of her for those many months.  She was looking really rough.  Lots of rust and outside neglect.  Hope she has a new face lift by now.  Always loved that little ship.  

Huh, I’m surprised they would let the ship get in that state of condition, but Covid has to show its face everywhere so.

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That's cute, but I've honestly had great days at the office and crappy days on a cruise.

Sad you had such a lousy career 😢 

I`ve also had great days at the office. Nothin like bagging a big order to brighten up my day . They are distant memories now that i`m retired .😄

2 hours ago, F27TW said:

Agree 100%.  Those giant hideous lips and eyes on the AIDA ships .. so tacky.   Norwegian Epic as well .. thats horrible.   I especially hate that new bow design on some of these brand new ones (Celebrity Edge, Norwegian Prima and the Virgin ships).   They don't even look like ships any more. 

Do you like the designs on the breakaway / breakaway plus class of ships. I kind of like them, but Aida’s eyes totally creep me out.

2 hours ago, F27TW said:

Actually, the 'new' bow design is actually very old😉

19 minutes ago, loman said:

Isnt that new celebrity ship, the one with what looks like a freight elevator hanging off the side an ugly looking ship . RC has much prettier designs .

Yup that’s the one. With an orange stick of butter on one side.

21 minutes ago, loman said:

Isnt that new celebrity ship, the one with what looks like a freight elevator hanging off the side an ugly looking ship . RC has much prettier designs .

Yep -- that's the Edge ... so ugly ..the bow .. the "freight elevator"  (LOL .. thats all im gonna see now is a freight elevator) .. and the fact that they outlined that silly thing in bright orange ..  hideous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

What is old is new again 

Screenshot_20220629-095836_Google.thumb.jpg.0c6613e778cba1b574eca159cb4d7492.jpg

I kinda see what u mean .. but the Olympic has a straight bow -- no rake .. the newer ones I mean actually have a reverse rake ... further forward at the waterline than above .. 

Norwegian Prima Cruise Ship | Overview | Norwegian Cruise Line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1