Complimentary drinks

Migueldentis

Hi!!!

First time in Azamara sailing August 6.

We don't usually drink wine but we can taste it sometimes. We prefer beer and some spirit or cocktail at night.

What can you tell me about complimentary drinks??

Could i order a cocktail at disco? Or only complimentary drinks with meals?

Coffe is included?

I am considering upgrading to the premium package. Could I upgrading any day or  does it have to be the first day?

Thanks.

Miguel.

You can order any drink you like with dinner. The included drinks are:

- 2 red & two white wines, a sparkling wine and a rose wine

- some beers - from memory it’s Budweiser and draft Newcastle brown plus a couple of other beers

- certain spirits - Gordon’s & Beefeater Gin, Famous Grouse Whisky, a US whiskey (can’t remember which one) & Smirnoff Vodka

- sodas such as Coca Cola, Sprite, tonic water, ginger ale

- fruit juices including fresh orange juice &  fruit smoothies at breakfast

Although there  is a priced cocktail menu, you can ask them to make cocktails with the included spirits & these are included. Note there is no Brandy in the included spirits so obviously you can’t have a brandy based cocktail included.

it’s up to you to decide if you are happy with these drinks or want to buy one of the two upgrade packages. You can buy it from any day of the cruise and it’s possible for only 1 passenger in a stateroom to buy it.

As a first timer on Azamara I suggest you look at the Tips for Azamara Newbies topic.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Migueldentis said:

Hi!!!

I am considering upgrading to the premium package. Could I upgrading any day or  does it have to be the first day?

Thanks.

Miguel.

One nice thing is you can do the upgrade any day for the remainder of the cruise.  Some people think as Day 1 is so short with everything that is going on, they leave it until Day 2 before upgrading and some upgrade towards the end (especially if there are final sea days) to spend the last of their OBC

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Migueldentis said:

Hi!!!

First time in Azamara sailing August 6.

We don't usually drink wine but we can taste it sometimes. We prefer beer and some spirit or cocktail at night.

What can you tell me about complimentary drinks??

Could i order a cocktail at disco? Or only complimentary drinks with meals?

Coffe is included?

Thanks.

Miguel.

The complimentary drinks are also available at all the bars, not just with meals, and coffee is included.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You can order any drink you like with dinner. The included drinks are:

- 2 red & two white wines, a sparkling wine and a rose wine

- some beers - from memory it’s Budweiser and draft Newcastle brown plus a couple of other beers

- certain spirits - Gordon’s & Beefeater Gin, Famous Grouse Whisky, a US whiskey (can’t remember which one) & Smirnoff Vodka

- sodas such as Coca Cola, Sprite, tonic water, ginger ale

- fruit juices including fresh orange juice &  fruit smoothies at breakfast

Although there  is a priced cocktail menu, you can ask them to make cocktails with the included spirits & these are included. Note there is no Brandy in the included spirits so obviously you can’t have a brandy based cocktail included.

it’s up to you to decide if you are happy with these drinks or want to buy one of the two upgrade packages. You can buy it from any day of the cruise and it’s possible for only 1 passenger in a stateroom to buy it.

As a first timer on Azamara I suggest you look at the Tips for Azamara Newbies topic.

It is now four reds and four whites which do not change throughout the cruise. Along with a sparkling and a rose.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Belfastman said:

It is now four reds and four whites which do not change throughout the cruise. Along with a sparkling and a rose.

Thanks for the information. Is that definitely the same on every ship now? If a few people can confirm that it is, I will amend the ‘Tips’ spreadsheet.

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks for the information. Is that definitely the same on every ship now? If a few people can confirm that it is, I will amend the ‘Tips’ spreadsheet.

It was on Quest in April. The white and red  wines are varietal types bottled for Azamara - standard bottle so taste of the wine may well vary from batch to batch and ship to ship.  The rose was a branded bottle can’t remember what but one glass and never forgotten or returned to for me (others tastes may vary!🥹🥹)

15 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We didn't find this to be the case on our recent Onward cruises.  They only wanted to do cocktails that were listed on the menu as "complimentary".  There were about 15 or so of those, but missing many standards such as mojitos or mules.  

43 minutes ago, curmudgeon98 said:

We didn't find this to be the case on our recent Onward cruises.  They only wanted to do cocktails that were listed on the menu as "complimentary".  There were about 15 or so of those, but missing many standards such as mojitos or mules.  

Was that ship wide?  Or just in the fancy new place.  And was it one bar tender or all of them. 
Just trying to get a sense as to whether this is another example of “soft” changes in the customer offering that could drift fleet

wide. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

Just recently back from Pursuit, we upgraded to the Ultimate package, white wine in particular was very poor on the standard drinks package, have done many azamara sailings pre covid where we never felt the need to upgrade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Holker01 said:

Just recently back from Pursuit, we upgraded to the Ultimate package, white wine in particular was very poor on the standard drinks package, have done many azamara sailings pre covid where we never felt the need to upgrade

Definitely horses for courses! We’ve felt the need to upgrade the wines for at least five years before Covid. I’ve felt the same on other cruise lines too. It’s very subjective.

• Like 2

I’m just beginning to research the Ultimate package to see if I should upgrade. I’m also a white wine drinker.

Is Evian part of the Premium package?

Edited by asnaleah

13 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

I’m just beginning to research the Ultimate package to see if I should upgrade. I’m also a white wine drinker.

Is Evian part of the Premium package?

Evian and Perrier are part of the Ultimate Package   They are not part of the Premium package.  (There are two packages, Premium and Ultimate)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

Evian and Perrier are part of the Ultimate Package   They are not part of the Premium package.  (There are two packages, Premium and Ultimate)

Thank you for the information. We have only sailed once on Azamara and I don’t remember which package I had, but I had Evian, so it must have been Ultimate.

23 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You can order any drink you like …  some beers - from memory it’s Budweiser and draft Newcastle brown plus a couple of other beers …

@norn ironhas posted on the ‘Anybody onboard currently?’ thread that draft Newcastle has been replaced with Carlsberg on Onward. Does anybody know if this is the case on Journey or if it’s just specific to Onward?  

8 hours ago, uktog said:

Was that ship wide?  Or just in the fancy new place.  And was it one bar tender or all of them. 
Just trying to get a sense as to whether this is another example of “soft” changes in the customer offering that could drift fleet

wide. 

Our experience of the limited list of cocktails was shipwide; we didn't bother with the Atlas bar as we didn't find it especially convenient or attractive.  We didn't push the issue, but did ask a couple of times.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off the Pursuit on Saturday past.   I brought paper copies of all the beverage packages home and scanned them in.  (Assuming I can do things right...)  they are attached below.   Note that all of them say "All selections subject to change and availability"   ( although the Premium package says "all sections"...)

AZ Ultimate Beverage.pdf AZ Prem Beverage.pdf AZ Comp Beverages.pdf

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 6/26/2022 at 3:10 PM, Beamafar said:

@norn ironhas posted on the ‘Anybody onboard currently?’ thread that draft Newcastle has been replaced with Carlsberg on Onward. Does anybody know if this is the case on Journey or if it’s just specific to Onward?  

Carlsberg has definitely replaced Newcastle Brown on Journey as well. Not sure about Quest or Pursuit.

22 hours ago, DS said:

We just got off the Pursuit on Saturday past.   I brought paper copies of all the beverage packages home and scanned them in.  (Assuming I can do things right...)  they are attached below.   Note that all of them say "All selections subject to change and availability"   ( although the Premium package says "all sections"...)

AZ Ultimate Beverage.pdf 532.69 kB · 32 downloads AZ Prem Beverage.pdf 485.27 kB · 36 downloads AZ Comp Beverages.pdf 428.95 kB · 48 downloads

Thank you for posting this. We are on the Pursuit next week and I am quite satisfied with the complimentary beverages.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, norn iron said:

Carlsberg has definitely replaced Newcastle Brown on Journey as well. Not sure about Quest or Pursuit.

My husband is a real ale man so he's definitely not pleased.  Luckily he also likes G&Ts 😂

• Like 2