check your flights

sunsetme

6 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

my flight with AA was cancelled no notice whatsoever. Be vigilant.

You had their App downloaded too?

I am glad you started this thread, because ….

July and August may be tough for

the airline cancellations coming.

Hope you got a protection flight.

• Like 1

I check my flights religiously and happened to see it was cancelled in big red letters. no notice of any kind. I managed to get a flight the previous day after an hour on hold with customer service.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sunsetme said:

Customer service seems to be

dead everywhere today, but especially with the airlines. I’m like you and check almost daily. On one occasion they changed our flight and had a layover departing before our arrival and of course no notice.

Good luck to you all!

• Like 1

I have 6 cruises booked with flights between now and next March.  A couple EZ Air and the rest booked on my own.  Every flight has changed at least once if not more.  I check every few days just to stay on top of it.  My next is in August.  I'm just hoping if it gets canceled, I get enough lead time to fly earlier.  Already 1 day before the cruise, but I'm fine if I have to do 2.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sunsetme said:

We're hopefully heading out on AA in two days. So far flights are showing ok. Just noticed though that same flights yesterday were canceled. 😱

Told DW that we should be mentally prepared for an adventure as well as carrying a change of clothes in our carry-ons. At least we are arriving at our destination without any significant time constraint.

Staying vigilant

• Like 1

It’s no better in Europe. Our recent flights were changed by over 12 hours in both directions.

Our morning flight home became late evening… And then it was delayed so we got back in the middle of the night!

The airports are stuffed, queues for security are long and half the amenities closed.

I won’t be flying again anytime soon if I can avoid it.

• Like 1

We are to leave in 4 days for London. One month ago I had a "confirmation for Delta Air with times and seats". After returning from a short cruise last week, I checked my air for upcoming trip. Somehow, the time and airline had been changed to a 4 hour earlier flight; no notification from anybody, If we  had gone at scheduled time we would have missed our and possibly the cruise. Calls to Princess have not provided any reason (Original flight is still going and our premium seats are gone). I have to wonder if they will do the same on our return (3 months away). Could be interesting.

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Told DW that we should be mentally prepared for an adventure as well as carrying a change of clothes in our carry-ons.

Totally agree! We learned this last year (the hard way) and now will only travel with a "go bag" containing all medications, a change of clothes and PJs!  Oh...and adequate phone chargers, cables and adapters (if needed).

• Like 5

I am not flying until December but paid in full EZAIr.. I got an email from both EZ Air and Delta that my time was changed a whopping 3 minutes. Still check at least once a week and was grateful that they at least let me know and made me feel like they knew I was alive............

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

It’s no better in Europe. Our recent flights were changed by over 12 hours in both directions.

Our morning flight home became late evening… And then it was delayed so we got back in the middle of the night!

The airports are stuffed, queues for security are long and half the amenities closed.

I won’t be flying again anytime soon if I can avoid it.

Our first flight to LHR was first delayed 4 hours, then cancelled.  Rebooked on another airline leaving the following day.  Spent overnight at a hotel in L.A.  We always pack a carryon bag with change of clothes, cell phone chargers, toiletries, and an ipad. 2nd flight delayed 22 hours due to plane from LHR diverting to Canada, then delayed additional 4 hours.  By the time we landed in LHR, the ship would have sailed.  Needless to say, we thought allowing 2+ full days to arrive in LHR would be enough, it wasn't.  We started planning for this vacation over 2 years ago, but ended sadly.  I can't even think of planning another vacation right now.

8 hours ago, Retirement2016 said:

Our first flight to LHR was first delayed 4 hours, then cancelled.  Rebooked on another airline leaving the following day.  Spent overnight at a hotel in L.A.  We always pack a carryon bag with change of clothes, cell phone chargers, toiletries, and an ipad. 2nd flight delayed 22 hours due to plane from LHR diverting to Canada, then delayed additional 4 hours.  By the time we landed in LHR, the ship would have sailed.  Needless to say, we thought allowing 2+ full days to arrive in LHR would be enough, it wasn't.  We started planning for this vacation over 2 years ago, but ended sadly.  I can't even think of planning another vacation right now.

That’s dreadful, I’m so sorry you missed your cruise. 

A 2 day margin would normally be more than sufficient but at the moment not much is going to plan. We travelled with a group all with different flights from different U.K. airports and not one of them went at the flight time initially advertised and only one did not suffer major delays after check in.

I don’t blame you for not feeling like booking anything else right now, travel has become such a hassle.

Our return flight from Barcelona to Heathrow on 23 July was cancelled the other day.

Then the replacement flight appears to state we have no hold luggage allowance. Which should be 23kgs each.

I'm waiting for an email reply from the Princess flight people but they just say it may take 5 working days to respond.

We fly out this Saturday to board Regal!

We just cancelled our Panama Canal cruise out of FLL and switched to a round trip Hawaii cruise from San Pedro because we can drive to the port in 2 hours.  No flying for us anytime soon.

• Like 1

Similar story for us. I just cancelled our December 33 day South America trip because of airline cancellations and the mess that creates.  I had a good itinerary booked from Buenos Aires to SFO and airline cancellations turned my one stop 16 hour journey into a 2 stop 30 hour journey.   Not worth it to me. 

Were not flying until the airline problems return to some semblance of normalcy. I have a 28 day Australia trip booked in October 2023 and I really hope the airlines have it together and we can go.  I certainly don't want to cancel that one.   I also want to book a few trips to Europe but I'm not interested in cancelled flights on long hauls. 

Currently for us the biggest deterrent to cruising are the airline problems.

In my situation, we rebooked with a different airline.  That airline had a delay of 22 hours, we would barely make it to the ship.  Actually, the flight was delayed for 26 hours, landed in LHR at 3:45 pm on Saturday.

I contacted Princess Enroute department.  After on hold for one hour, the rep said that there are seats available on UA, leaving Friday at 5 pm, arriving LHR 11 am.  Princess will guarantee someone meeting us at the airport for shuttle to Southampton, the ship will wait for us.  Sounded great, only problem, E-Z Air department (I think they are located in the East Coast) was  CLOSED (6 pm in Los Angeles), call back 8 am on Friday (the ship was leaving Saturday).  I called back Friday at 8:01 am, on hold for THREE HOURS!  By then, the UA seats were already taken.  Logically, you would think that Princess would have E-Z Air department opened 24 hours.  What's the use having an Enroute department, if the air department is closed.  

Edited by Retirement2016
added additional detail
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, symui said:

Similar story for us. I just cancelled our December 33 day South America trip because of airline cancellations and the mess that creates.  I had a good itinerary booked from Buenos Aires to SFO and airline cancellations turned my one stop 16 hour journey into a 2 stop 30 hour journey.   Not worth it to me. 

Were not flying until the airline problems return to some semblance of normalcy. I have a 28 day Australia trip booked in October 2023 and I really hope the airlines have it together and we can go.  I certainly don't want to cancel that one.   I also want to book a few trips to Europe but I'm not interested in cancelled flights on long hauls. 

Currently for us the biggest deterrent to cruising are the airline problems.

we don't have any fly / cruise booked, but I'm thinking 2 days now pre-cruise plus any days for sightseeing, etc

Similar story here. My MIL's flights got cancelled for no reason by AC according to Princess and the flights are not until October!!!  I thought they are only cancelling July and August flights.

Now I'm scrambling to figure out what's going to happen because it was ezair flex and we didn't do early ticketing. The same itinerary (same flights too so why did they cancel) are 1000+ more.

Conspiracy theory is that they promised the tickets for too cheap so they are now backing out. 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orange Yuzu said:

Similar story here. My MIL's flights got cancelled for no reason by AC according to Princess and the flights are not until October!!!  I thought they are only cancelling July and August flights.

Now I'm scrambling to figure out what's going to happen because it was ezair flex and we didn't do early ticketing. The same itinerary (same flights too so why did they cancel) are 1000+ more.

Conspiracy theory is that they promised the tickets for too cheap so they are now backing out. 😅

I am in same situation..flight canceled but same exact flight still shown..only triple the price. I have spoke with ezair twice and each time told it will work out in 3 to 5 business days. I do have printout with original price. My final payment is due on July 22, without flight info worked out I will be forced to cancel cruise. No way I’m paying $800 plus for one way from Florida to Quebec:(

19 hours ago, DiRonT said:

We just cancelled our Panama Canal cruise out of FLL and switched to a round trip Hawaii cruise from San Pedro because we can drive to the port in 2 hours.  No flying for us anytime soon.

Couldn't agree more. We just cancelled an August Alaska trip out of Seattle and booked a great Canada/New England trip on the Enchanted out of Brooklyn, as it's only an easy 7 hour drive for us. Given the living hell that is flying right now, we're even getting worried about our November trip on the Sky out of Florida.  Hopefully the airlines are back to at least some semblance of normalcy by then.

12 minutes ago, MarcsSharon said:

I am in same situation..flight canceled but same exact flight still shown..only triple the price. I have spoke with ezair twice and each time told it will work out in 3 to 5 business days. I do have printout with original price. My final payment is due on July 22, without flight info worked out I will be forced to cancel cruise. No way I’m paying $800 plus for one way from Florida to Quebec:(

Keep us posted. TIA

I’m flying to Rome the last week of Sept for a 10/1 Regal sailing and get there around 10am the day before the cruise, with one stop in IST. I’m looking to change the flight and get there two days earlier, but the only reward flight I can find has two stops, one in YUL and one in  ZRH. Not sure if it’s better to plan one day early with one connection or two days early with two connections 🤷🏻‍♀️

9 hours ago, MarcsSharon said:

That's re-assuring.  Fingers crossed.

I'm willing to wait 3-5 days and see what's up.

I hope none of us will have to cancel our cruise.

Our canceled flights were rebooked at the same price,  even though they now show higher on the booking page for new reservations. In our case, the original flights were entirely canceled by Alaska air.

• Like 1