Covid tests between a B2B

choochella

3 hours ago, choochella said:

Topic may have been asked before: First time doing a B2B. How are the Covid tests handled before the second leg?

We are also on a B2B in September;  the latest answer to this question on Celebrity's website FAQs is below (their bold highlighting).  This was dated May 2022, and doesn't seem to have been updated since.

Hope this helps.

"Vaccinated guests will be permitted to sail on back-to-back cruises. Guests sailing on back-to-back cruises must show proof of vaccination and are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. Guests who are not fully vaccinated or are not eligible to be vaccinated, are not able to sail on back-to back-cruises.

For guests sailing back-to-back on any Royal Caribbean Group ship, complimentary testing will be provided onboard."

How is it handled if they’re doing it? The night before your last full day you’ll get a letter asking you to register an account for a test. They’ll give you a time to go to a location on the ship (this was when the last day was a sea day, I imagine if it was a port day they’d be flexible with the time). You go take the test the next morning and then you get your results within the next two hours or so. 

We’ve just come off a b2b on the Beyond and were tested in between cruises. It took 5 hours to get the email confirming we were negative but after 2 hours we returned to the testing area to ask for our result as we were getting stressed! Very poorly organised on this ship. 

This past winter we sailed on 3 B2B cruises in a row. It was a crap shoot on every ship as to getting results. They say within 2 hours but,  once we received no results until the next morning, once I received my results and my DW did not. Other times it came that night. 

The best was on Silhouette where once you were tested you had to return to your cabin ( only ship that did this) and wait for 45 minutes to get a call. They called. 

I just said to my DW if we were positive they would be hunting us down.😂

A lot of stress, hoping you pass and can continue. All set again for this winter and hope testing requirements change. 

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

Just did a back to back on Equinox. After about six hours went down to customer service they said if u didn’t hear anything you were negative. Next morning a letter with results were in mailbox outside cabin 

17 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Recent reports vary.  We just left the Solstice this morning following a B2B.  There was no testing of B2B passengers.

Great to hear.     I have my fingers crossed for the B3B we have in August. 

Was that an Alaska Cruise?

BTW -  I finally got the last installment today from Celebrity of my refund and reimbursement from testing positive in April.  

On Silhouette they had testing starting at 7:00 AM in the Conference Room on Deck 14 the day before the end of the cruise.   You were requested to stay in your room until you got your results.    I got mine 45 minutes later and told I tested positive.    10 minutes later there was a nurse at the door taking temperatures and giving us a letter with instructions that we were being tossed off the ship the next day and were quarantined to our room

Jim;

If your test the night before had been a proctored one and tested negative, would X have accepted that in lieu of them testing you? Just curious if anyone has done their own B2B test instead of doing the ship one.

On 7/2/2022 at 4:29 AM, Edinburghgirl1 said:

We’ve just come off a b2b on the Beyond and were tested in between cruises. It took 5 hours to get the email confirming we were negative but after 2 hours we returned to the testing area to ask for our result as we were getting stressed! Very poorly organised on this ship. 

Curious ... Do you know if those who have had COVID recently and have the recovery letter have to test? 

10 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Jim;

If your test the night before had been a proctored one and tested negative, would X have accepted that in lieu of them testing you? Just curious if anyone has done their own B2B test instead of doing the ship one.

No.   To my knowledge It is mandatory for them to do the B2B testing.   I'm not sure how they handle Certificates of Recovery.  

BTW - my test the night before was only proctored by Iain.  LOL   It was one of my free tests.    After testing positive on the test was told even if it was a false positive I was off the ship.    I tested myself and it showed positive before it even got to the Control line.

8 hours ago, whirlybird3 said:

Curious ... Do you know if those who have had COVID recently and have the recovery letter have to test? 

Not sure but in my case I had tested positive on an Antigen Test which was ok with a COR to return to the US but Celebrity requires a positive PCR test in addition to the COR within 3 months for boarding.   I'm only guessing they would accept in lieu of a B2B test as the purpose is that some test positive for months after infection.

• Like 1

Hummm...I have B2B cruises out of Sydney in November/December. If I test Positive for Covid on the last Day of the First Cruise will I be Quarantined in my cabin for the Second Cruise or wisk ashore to a Hotel?

12 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Hummm...I have B2B cruises out of Sydney in November/December. If I test Positive for Covid on the last Day of the First Cruise will I be Quarantined in my cabin for the Second Cruise or wisk ashore to a Hotel?

I think you will need to wait until closer to your cruise as to what will happen with testing and country rules.   No predictions as to what Australia will do.  We have not visited since 2019 first because of the closure then the possibility of quarantine 

I was on a Celebrity Aus./NZ cruise when Covid hit in 2020.

Glad I made it Home just before lockdowns.

My Wife was in the Philippines with some of her Retired Nurse friends at that time and also just made it home.

My Brother-in-law was diving in the Philippines in March/April 2020 and got stuck on a remote island till he finally made it home in June 2020.

I'm looking forward to going back to Aus./NZ in November/December this year.

NZ is my Favorite place to visit.