Can you do move up if on a cruise only package

ellsbells3032

So we've booked for a cruise only package in concierge. Would really love to upgrade to a sky suite so waiting for move up. Some people on the group for our cruise said they have had their move up email them today and made bids but when I try it hasnt opened yet. 

Can I not use move up if on a cruise only rate 

Yes you should be able to unless you booked with the Big Box store.   If you don't get an invite try by going to the moveup page and put in name and reservation number.   If eligible it should also show up under plan my cruise.  For some reason I don't receive them most of the time.    I recently asked and they said they resent to me and it didn't arrive either.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

A Big Box store is a membership warehouse store. There is a large, US-based one, with many international locations that also has a travel agency. 

Jim mentioned finding the Move Up page being linked from Plan My Cruise. In my experience, it is under Manage Reservation, so you might want to check both. For me, I need toscroll down to the bottom to see the Move up graphic/ link. 

I have a feeling cos of the travel agent I used I'm not eligible. But have emailed and asked about it. Maybe I can still opt in. But my experience with response times with celebrity I think it will be a long wait til I hear back. 

It's a shame as its my husbands 30th in a few weeks and really wanted to suprise him when we got there (the cruise is two months away still) 

4 hours ago, ellsbells3032 said:

So we've booked for a cruise only package in concierge. Would really love to upgrade to a sky suite so waiting for move up. Some people on the group for our cruise said they have had their move up email them today and made bids but when I try it hasnt opened yet. 

Can I not use move up if on a cruise only rate 

No aqua and above are only on the AI rates.

21 hours ago, ellsbells3032 said:

I have a feeling cos of the travel agent I used I'm not eligible. But have emailed and asked about it. Maybe I can still opt in. But my experience with response times with celebrity I think it will be a long wait til I hear back. 

It's a shame as its my husbands 30th in a few weeks and really wanted to suprise him when we got there (the cruise is two months away still) 

Try the link on the move up page they usually answer in a day or two

For those that suggested I emailed. I got this reply. Still no idea if I am "eligable" and what that means but I've updated my settings so fingers crossed though still can't access at this stage. 

To ensure that your booking qualifies for this program at least one guest must be opted in for our promotional emails. To confirm this, please log in to your account and check your email preferences or call the Captain’s Club at 800-760-0654. You will be notified of the program details within 21 days to sailing via email.

Please note that some offers may be sent inside the 21 day window and are not guaranteed for every reservation.  All Moveup communication will be sent to the email you have on file as long as the guest is opted in for promotional emails. The Moveup tool on the consumer website will continue to prompt this message until an offer is sent to you via email if your booking is selected.

The fact that you aren't able to bid gives me a feeling that you can't bid.

The real wrinkle in all this is that you are booked in Concierge.  X isn't offering "cruise only" fares in AQ or Retreat, so it's not so simple as merely moving up to either with a cruise only fare.  I doubt that they are letting MoveUp get around all that.  Considering how marvelous X and MU are with logistics of this sort, I don't know how you could make it work.

I mean, you may very well be able to bid eventually.  Even if you did, though, I wouldn't expect to win it.  If you really want to suite, you might to better to just call and see about a direct upgrade if any are available.

• Like 1

“mean, you may very well be able to bid eventually.  Even if you did, though, I wouldn't expect to win it.  If you really want to suite, you might to better to just call and see about a direct upgrade if any are available.”

This is my suggestion as well.

Edited by asnaleah

• 2 weeks later...

For those in a similar situation I got the email today. Wish me luck. 

Shhh don't tell my husband. We did discuss price bids but told him we aren't eligible so if we get it it will be a lovely suprise for his 30th. 🖕🤞🤞

Edited by ellsbells3032