Final payment date extended??

Got the below email from Royal Caribbean, it seems a little fishy to me.

Anyone have any suspicions on why they would do this??  

Good Afternoon,

We wanted to let you know that we have extended the final payment due date for all guests on our Quantum of the Seas transpacific sailing departing 13 October 2022, to allow guest a little more time to make their payment. Final payment will now be due on 4 August 2022, seventy days prior to sailing.

An updated invoice reflecting this change will be sent separately to the email address on your reservation in the coming days.

For any further questions please contact our Call Centre team on 1 800 754 500.

Looks like how a real email from Royal reads although the phone number is incomplete, unless you accidentally cut it off when copying.  What email address did it come from?  Roll your mouse over the email and make sure it's what it says it is.  Also, check the roll call and FB page to see if anyone else got one.  Or, you know, you could, call them.

Edited by BND

2 hours ago, BND said:

Looks like how a real email from Royal reads although the phone number is incomplete, unless you accidentally cut it off when copying. 

Might be an Aussie email with local number.

Edited by Biker19

5 hours ago, SuitesRbest said:

Anyone have any suspicions on why they would do this?

There may be some COVID related policy that isn't settled yet and they need more time before they announce them.

3 hours ago, bajathree said:

Isn't Quantum having propulsion issues? Something sounds suspicious.

Everything is now slowed down because of the issue, payments, drink orders, requests, service, etc. All goes hand and hand.

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Might be an Aussie email with local number.

When I googled it, it comes up as an Aus phone number for RCI

image.thumb.png.4cbb9f82727f49a7d6a4eb9e925d144d.png

Edited by BND

1 minute ago, BND said:

When I googled it (something that should be done before asking on a forum, but whatever) it comes up as an Aus phone number for RCI

image.thumb.png.4cbb9f82727f49a7d6a4eb9e925d144d.png

22,000 emails in your inbox?  You work for the government?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

22,000 emails in your inbox?  You work for the government?

I'm just bad at deleting.   Not that that is in any way pertinent to this conversation.

• Like 2

Just now, smokeybandit said:

I didn't think there were that many Nigerian princes to respond to

As I said, I'm bad at deleting.  And, I can't just go and delete everything.  Didn't realize everyone cared so much.

BTW, when I was injured in 2019 and couldn't just go run out and shop I did a lot of online shopping for everything from groceries to clothes.  A lot of those are website emails.  They don't actually reside on my computer so what difference does it make?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ky Bill said:

We've received those emails twice in the past and both times the cruise canceled.  This was during the covid fiasco time period.

Bill

That would make sense that it may be canceled.  Less refunds they would have to give.  

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Probably still a good chance they cancel Aussie cruises again.

If that was the case, you'd think the other ships heading there would also get this kind of message - no report of that, yet.

I am on the FB group for this sailing, and many Australian cruisers reported today that they got this email. I am in the USA and did not get it. So I think it is a real email but I am Very Worried about the reason behind it. I don't think they would cancel a Trans Pacific sailing, or would they?????

11 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I am on the FB group for this sailing, and many Australian cruisers reported today that they got this email. I am in the USA and did not get it. So I think it is a real email but I am Very Worried about the reason behind it. I don't think they would cancel a Trans Pacific sailing, or would they?????

Don't try to figure out what Royal is doing, they are unsure themselves from one day to the next.

There have been reports of Covid ramping up again in some places, but no telling if that is true either.

Just go with the flow and have aback up plan on the ready.

11 minutes ago, BND said:

I'm thinking this prob does have to do with their engine/propulsion issues.

The folks on the last couple of Alaska sailings don't seem to have gotten itinerary change messages, that others have gotten about that - so that could be resolved before the TP. 

We are on the preceding VAN to HNL cruise. No related notifications so far, but we are booked through a well known big box TA/ Hot Dog purveyor not known for timely communication. Really hoping this is all a non issue by then.. Our last 4 RCL cruises have cancelled, we are all too familiar with the patterns…

Edited by Bxc53
Typos

23 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The folks on the last couple of Alaska sailings don't seem to have gotten itinerary change messages, that others have gotten about that - so that could be resolved before the TP. 

Unless they're trying to schedule a dry dock.  Sorry, but it had to be said as a possibility.

54 minutes ago, BND said:

Unless they're trying to schedule a dry dock.  Sorry, but it had to be said as a possibility.

It didn't sound like the repair needed a drydock, just a part and/or someone to install the part. It doesn't sound like any of this would be an issue if another engine wasn't already scheduled to come offline for routine maintenance.