Is it safe…

Have not been here in a very long time!

We are,on Quantum Aug 22-29.

So I’m wondering if it is ok to post about safety and Covid?

Also looking for good information about the above?

I kinda feel like big brother is looking over my shoulder. Lol

51 minutes ago, ddean52 said:

Here's my live post from the Quantum a few weeks ago. It was a great, safe, cruise!

• Like 1

I just had 12 great days on Beyond in the Med and the month before a week on Silhouette on a Norwegian Fjords cruise and didn't get covid. But I believe it's on most ships, maybe 1-3% catch it. 

I have some immunity having had Omicron in recent months which I think does help.  We were also fairly careful with crowds, wearing good masks on public transport etc

If you read these boards there is some talk about covid on ships or people catching it once home

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

We've been on 3 cruises since the restart, and we're still here. We're not worried about the safety. We now have 4 more cruises booked. We're double boosted, and while that isn't the where with all, bit just lets me feel that if I get covid either on the ship or afterward, it won't be serious.

I was on Anthem in April, which is a Quantum class ship.  We only had one case of Covid onboard and they didn't get their positive test until the last day.  I wore my mask by choice most of the time, but I didn't feel unsafe at all.  I work with seniors and I didn't want to get them sick, should I contract COVID, which is why I took extra precautions.  

The staff was always cleaning everything and would not let you in to restaurants until you physically washed your hands!

• Like 1

I cruised in January during the height of Omicron surge… I felt safer there then at home. 
more precaution are still being taken on cruise ships than pretty much anywhere else right now. 
I did end up getting Covid at the end of May- at work (I’m a teacher)
 I was on Enchantment two weeks ago and getting on Allure today, even with ships back to full capacity there’s still more precautions than at home going to concerts etc 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steppy08 said:

I was on Enchantment two weeks ago and getting on Allure today, even with ships back to full capacity there’s still more precautions than at home going to concerts etc 

Bon Voyage!🛳️

Enjoy your cruise..we were on Allure this past April.  Love the ship!!

2 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

We only had one case of Covid onboard that we know of, and they didn't get their positive test until the last day. 

Fixed. Pretty sure Anthem was listed as orange with the CDC then which means they had at least .3% COVID cases on board (crew and customers).

13 hours ago, ddean52 said:

Is it safe?  Yes.  Five people out of over 2000 on our cruise last month reported as positive (by the Captain on the last day of the cruise.  He recommended wearing a mask but no one did.)