Current 60% off sale

superduper123

1 hour ago, superduper123 said:

I am considering booking to take advantage of the current sale. I do not use a T/A. Does the  "always included" apply to all cruises, even those that are already / currently discounted? 

The cruises I looked at had cruise only rates and for $53 p.p. per day you could add the AI. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I had our TA reprice our Apr 2023 cruise with the 60% off 2nd guest. We saved $1100 off our sky suite and our OBC went from $800 to $1400. 😁

We did the same thing with our TA. We're in a Concierge Class room (couldn't get an Aqua Suite 😏) but we saved an additional $400.  

• Like 1

The double OBC says booking from June 30-July 13.

And then the one that starts on the 14th.

The percentage off is all smoke and mirrors.  It's really what's going on with the underlying fares that's important and really varies by sailing (itinerary, availability etc) just like always!

image.thumb.png.a17af800ceb27d27f54522b485b402c0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, footer6 said:

Great "sale."  You get an extra $100 onboard credit, and the price is $200/pp more than yesterday's sale.

It all depends. You really have to check every booking to be sure. One of mine made sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@superduper123, we booked early last week while onboard a cruise and got the 60% off for 2nd passenger, and AI was included. This was an April ‘23 cruise. If you are booking on your own using the website, it will show you if it includes the AI. If the itinerary includes AI, the sale doesn’t impact AI inclusion. Just check it as you pick. 

For us, we do use a TA and had the reservation moved to them and they were able to rebook using a Group discount which gave us further savings. And yes, there are plus/minus of that. Booking on board only cost $100pp deposit. To use the TA group booking, had to use the $500pp deposit. We don’t worry about deposits that much since dont make changes a lot. 

Good luck, and just double check with the itinerary you pick that it includes AI. 

Den

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, brandneweyez said:

If I booked last week direct through Celebrity, is there any way I can get the new "double OBC" now? Or would that mean repricing the entire trip (which could likely change my overall price)?

You can only get the double OBC if you reprice. It's worth running a mock booking on the site to see if anything's changed before calling in. 

5 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

You can only get the double OBC if you reprice. It's worth running a mock booking on the site to see if anything's changed before calling in. 

Not our case. I would have to pay $120 more to get additional $200 OBC.  We already have $200 OBC and we are not sure how we are going to use that.  We are in Aqua with the Elevate package. We will just keep our current booking. It's worth checking every week!

2 hours ago, NC State said:

Not our case. I would have to pay $120 more to get additional $200 OBC.  We already have $200 OBC and we are not sure how we are going to use that.  We are in Aqua with the Elevate package. We will just keep our current booking. It's worth checking every week!

WOLFPACK!!!!! Class of ‘71

i called yesterday and was able to get a $400 fare reduction and $800 OBC on our TA cruise in October. I have already booked three specialty dinners and plan to call to upgrade our beverage package.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Denny01 said:

@superduper123, we booked early last week while onboard a cruise and got the 60% off for 2nd passenger, and AI was included. This was an April ‘23 cruise. If you are booking on your own using the website, it will show you if it includes the AI. If the itinerary includes AI, the sale doesn’t impact AI inclusion. Just check it as you pick. 

For us, we do use a TA and had the reservation moved to them and they were able to rebook using a Group discount which gave us further savings. And yes, there are plus/minus of that. Booking on board only cost $100pp deposit. To use the TA group booking, had to use the $500pp deposit. We don’t worry about deposits that much since dont make changes a lot. 

Good luck, and just double check with the itinerary you pick that it includes AI. 

Den

i always make mistakes talking pricing. Meant $900 deposit for both. 

All of my cruises were 1,000 to 2,000 more, but remember that we are not comparing apples to apples!  My cruises are on Apex, Beyond and Edge with most overseas.  Two are TA's on Apex and Beyond.

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I had our TA check out 2 of our cruises. My saving in post #3 was for a 9 night cruise out of Argentina. The other cruise is a 16 night LA to Chile. Our current price for Chile is a better deal. 

Very nice.  Was looking at the LA/Chile cruise.  Looks amazing. 😎

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

Very nice.  Was looking at the LA/Chile cruise.  Looks amazing. 😎

We did Santiago (San Antonio) to San Diego in 2019. It was tremendous!

If you needed any encouragement to do it, consider yourself encouraged. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NC State said:

Jealous! We are Raleigh natives but have lived in Texas for over 40 years! We like to visit every year to get our beach, barbecue and CharGrill fix🍔 🏖 🐷  We have a Broughton reunion in October!

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to get a reprice when there are no cabins available in the same category? My travel agent said she couldn't reprice my cruise with the latest sale because all concierge cabins were already booked (everything balcony and up is booked). Wondering if she is telling me the truth or just not wanting to call.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Has anyone been able to get a reprice when there are no cabins available in the same category? My travel agent said she couldn't reprice my cruise with the latest sale because all concierge cabins were already booked (everything balcony and up is booked). Wondering if she is telling me the truth or just not wanting to call.

Celebrity is able to do this for sure. I booked a suite guarantee as first part of a B2B on Solstice and secured RS for second portion. At first I was in an inside for the first week right down the hall from the RS but thought being in Luminae for both weeks would be nice. My PVP was able to tell me that behind the scenes, the suite guarantee had gone up $200, so it made no sense for me to add the $100 of OBC. However, I then started looking and realized that S1 and S2 were the same price for this cruise. I upgraded out of the suite guarantee for $400 into a corner S1 and got an additional $100 OBC. So for a "net" of $300, I got a location I really like (I hate shaded balconies) and took advantage of the extra OBC even though it would't have made sense in my original category. But, to answer your original question, yes, if he had pulled the suite guarantee and seen that the price had come down, I could have taken advantage of the extra OBC. I am not sure if it is only Celebrity that can do that, but I know they can. 

14 hours ago, NC State said:

I think everyone I know is getting hot glass sculptures and Celebrity bathrobes for Christmas this year!

• Haha 1