visitors in blu

kroberst

Are the other passengers booked in a Suite?  Suite passengers are allowed to dine in Blu on a space available basis.

Celebrity is strict about restricting Blu for Aqua Class passengers with Suite passengers allowed on a space available basis.  It does not matter if the reservations are linked.  The only exception is a single passenger in Blu is allowed to invite a single non-Aqua passenger;   I have heard this referred to as the "one plus" policy and observed it on the Eclipse in 2019.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kroberst said:

If 2 couples traveling together (reservations linked) can they eat together in Blu if only 1 of the couples books aqua class?

Not unless the second couple is in a suite, and then only on a space available basis.

3 hours ago, kroberst said:

Ok, thank you! The other couple is not in a suite, regular veranda.

You could choose to dine with them in the MDR on a couple nights if you choose and maybe do a Specialty or two.  

This exactly why I would not book in aqua class again unless I got a reasonable MoveUp. My very first cruise at all was in aqua class on solstice. Met so many wonderful people and we formed a little social club. One couple were in a suite but the rest were in regular cabins. We ate most dinners in the MDR by choice to enjoy everybody. All that up charge just for the option of dining in Blu is not worth it. I had a couple spa treatments but that doesn’t require aqua and they allow use of the Persian gardens for a window around your appointment. I didn’t use it any other time. 

• Like 1

If we ever cruise with friends/family we always book the same category or it just becomes hard work. Invariably you don’t all dine together every night but it is nice to have the option…

• Like 2

Most people book Aqua for the dining option so it will be a busy place, as stated suite guests can only eat there on space available basis. If a suite guest wants non suite friends to dine with them there is a charge of $30 per person.

6 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Most people book Aqua for the dining option so it will be a busy place, as stated suite guests can only eat there on space available basis. If a suite guest wants non suite friends to dine with them there is a charge of $30 per person.

I think the charge you are talking about for non-suite friends is only in Luminae?  Or is it in Blu also?  I wish they would just not allow suite guests, period.  (and sometimes that is me so I include myself).  Blu on most ships is already so crowded and it is rare (albeit not always the case) where they are willing to turn away suite guests as they don't want them complaining about them.  On Reflection one cruise (the most crowded Blu) there were literally lines of 12 couples waiting to be seated with waits of 30 min+ yet there were several tables with suite guests (and yes, I know they were suite guests for multiple reasons including our waiter telling us, as our service was much slower due to the suite guests insisting the waiters go down to the MDR for special dishes).

• Like 1