Deal Breaker

EngIceDave

What's your "Deal Breaker?"

If they don't have it, won't have it or it will be closed, you say "I'm not going."

Pepsi vs Coke?

No lobster night?

They don't have "your beer/booze?"

For me?

Balcony or no go, no way. Ship could be sailing to the moon, but I won't go from an inside cabin.

Edited by EngIceDave
typo
  • Like 3

Well... I can't really think of anything, except someone mentioned yesterday about electrical/AC issues and toilets not working for a period of time on their ship.  AC and working toilets are a must for me, but beyond that, almost anything is better than being at home sitting in an office working.  😄 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

AC and working toilets are a must

Agree with this, and never thought about that a possible issue. For me it's the room with a balcony. I spend a lot of time looking at the ocean and the stars and love ordering and eating breakfast on the balcony every morning. 

Edited by Craxe77
  • Like 3

Too many sea days. I wouldn't book something in advance with a lot of sea days, and I'd be super disappointed if multiple ports got cancelled. Granted,  it would probably be something out of their control....but I'd still be rather disappointed.

• Like 1

Our first cruises few cruises were window or balcony we have started doing interiors, they are fine because we are ONLY in the room to sleep/shower.  Deal breaker for me would be toilets not working. Actually our 2nd cruise was on the Triumph, I INSISTED on a balcony because of the P***P Cruise.

Edited by wesorbeth
  • Like 2

Cost is the deal breaker here. 

I love sea days. Don’t care a ton about ports. Not fussy about food or drinks. I suppose if I couldn’t find anything at all to eat that was decent that would be a deal breaker too. My last cruise the buffet was terrible but I was able to find enough to eat other places. 

we haven’t sailed inside yet but have one booked for November. So I guess we’ll see how that goes. 

• Like 4

It's so interesting how some people absolutely hate interior rooms. I have always felt like when I book a balcony, I have to enjoy the balcony so I spend more time there than I should. But I don't want to enjoy the balcony; I want to enjoy the ship. The bartender in the cabin is too slow and doesn't offer much selection. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, tweakes said:

It's so interesting how some people absolutely hate interior rooms.

I was just thinking the exact same thing - I had no idea! 

I actually like both balcony and inside rooms for different reasons (depending on ship).  The common areas of the Dream class ships can be so brutally packed on sea days, so I prefer my own quiet balcony on those ships, otherwise, I love the quiet darkness of inside cabins (I sleep so well) on the ships where I know I can find a quiet secluded public area when I want to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For me  the deal breaker is a balcony !!   I will not cruise without one! We have cruised in inside, connecting, walkway view, ocean view.   The only one I would even concider....  and its a small chance at that is the walkway view. 

Edited by hockeyluver
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tweakes said:

It's so interesting how some people absolutely hate interior rooms. I have always felt like when I book a balcony, I have to enjoy the balcony so I spend more time there than I should. But I don't want to enjoy the balcony; I want to enjoy the ship. The bartender in the cabin is too slow and doesn't offer much selection. 

I'm one of the few who has only sailed in an interior room. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, tweakes said:

Agreed.  We always did balconies until I finally caved and took an inside that was insanely cheap.  I actually really enjoyed the total darkness at night and the lack of banging doors.  While the balcony is really cool, I found myself doing a lot more things around the ship and had a blast.

18 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

Cost is the deal breaker here. 

I love sea days. Don’t care a ton about ports. Not fussy about food or drinks. I suppose if I couldn’t find anything at all to eat that was decent that would be a deal breaker too. My last cruise the buffet was terrible but I was able to find enough to eat other places. 

This is where I am.  I love a lot of things on certain ships (Red Frog Pub, Jiji's, IMAX) but still have fun without them.  I just want to be on the ocean...  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Deal breaker for me (when I actually cancelled cruises) was wearing the masks on board all the time.  Don't get me wrong, have nothing against the right of a company to require them... but at the time I had to wear it all day long at work and it just isn't my idea of a fun vacation.  Even now we have had to put them on in some ports (like Nassau) when going into shops, etc. which is OK too... just don't want to spend all my time in one.

Room type, have done them all (except Captain's Suite) they all have their perks for different moods I am in.  Food, can always find something to eat somewhere that I like, too many choices not too.  Don't like a lot of sea days, but if ports were cancelled I could live with it - as other poster said - any day cruising is better than a day at work.  Obviously would not voluntarily want to be on a ship with infrastructure issues of any kind (so that would be a deal breaker if I knew in advance, but that never happens before you go so you have a choice,  only once you are there and then it is too late)

• Like 4

I suppose the only deal breaker for me would be finding out we were booked on a 99% charter by a group we are not in synch with -- maybe music I can't stand, or nude cruise.

Regarding cabins, we've tried balconies twice (once at inside price, once because cheaper than OV), and I still fail to see the attraction.  I so prefer an Oceanview, with the sky and the sea right there, not somewhere beyond the glass at the end of a dark tunnel.  Have tried sitting out there a few times, just not convinced.  

I guess one other semi-deal breaker would be only having anytime dining, rather than a set dining time. Ships and lines that only offer that don't make it to our list of potential cruises.

• Like 1

5 days or less is a deal breaker for me. Those voyages are just way too short. We did a 5 day back in April, but only to see some friends. 

Also no balcony or suite would be a deal breaker. I am not going to stay in a closet for the cruise. I want my balcony. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Balcony cabin is a must for us as well. I'd be willing to try an ocean view but she who must be obeyed won't consider it. 

Same. I cruised several times on an inside or ov room them I got a balcony. That's all I have gotten since. I'm a balcony snob. I'm cruising solo in Sept and still got a balcony.

• Like 2