Always Included gone for 11/2023

luv4cruises

1 minute ago, cameronp12 said:

This might lead to more people upgrading drink packages, etc. on board, which I would imagine is more profitable because the pre-cruise discount for upgrading no longer exists.

The wi-fi rates were lower pre cruise, making upgrading costs a little less.   Unless  there was a sale in the CP, I don’t recall any  any discount for upgrading drink packages pre cruise  except the discounts on beverage & wi-fi upgrades for Elite and above which are still in place. 

Looking at the latest 30% off sale..which technically works out to be the same as 60% the second guest... anyway.. for my 1A cabin the gross price..before discounts is up 62% vs what I booked it at in Jan and up 12% from last week's sale. the net is now up 43% from what I paid (factoring out OBC differences). So inflation impact is clearly seen here. Glad I locked in the Aug cruise when I did.

1 minute ago, kearney said:

Looking at the latest 30% off sale..which technically works out to be the same as 60% the second guest... anyway.. for my 1A cabin the gross price..before discounts is up 62% vs what I booked it at in Jan and up 12% from last week's sale. the net is now up 43% from what I paid (factoring out OBC differences). So inflation impact is clearly seen here. Glad I locked in the Aug cruise when I did.

For sure....very happy I booked our 2022/23 cruises when they first came out.  Booking now is sticker shock.  Our 2023 suite price especially has increased substantially.

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The wi-fi rates were lower pre cruise, making upgrading costs a little less.   Unless  there was a sale in the CP, I don’t recall any  any discount for upgrading drink packages pre cruise  except the discounts on beverage & wi-fi upgrades for Elite and above which are still in place. 

Good point. I misspoke, but yes only wifi has the pre-cruise discount. Sometimes there is a sale in the CP though, from what I have seen.

16 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

All Included is not going away. Indulge and Elevate are since so few booked with those rates. I posted about this a few weeks ago and was told by a few of the peanut gallery I was wrong, but…..

That is an interesting point too. I bet there was a major overlap with people who would be willing to spend the money for Elevate/Indulge and also those who are booking Aqua Class or Retreat and get more inclusions than base cabins anyway. 

The average cruiser in a regular balcony cabin probably didn't book the higher rate very often though would be my guess.

44 minutes ago, cameronp12 said:

That is an interesting point too. I bet there was a major overlap with people who would be willing to spend the money for Elevate/Indulge and also those who are booking Aqua Class or Retreat and get more inclusions than base cabins anyway. 

The average cruiser in a regular balcony cabin probably didn't book the higher rate very often though would be my guess.

It’s also complicated by Celebrity selling a lot of group rates through TA’s. If booking direct sometimes the small price increase was worthwhile but compared to a group rate you almost always come out ahead by paying for upgraded drinks/WiFi out of pocket and taking the lower group rate + TA OBC. 

We decided last night to upgrade to Indulge for our September (fully paid) cruise. The $300 OBC pp would be used for excursions so the other benefits will be free extras. Indulge would cost $336 pp.

But, I didn’t try to do it until now (Thursday AM) so I’m probably too late. I’m on the phone with my TA who’s on a long hold with X trying to get it through for us. On the X site, our particular cruise has the same cabin prices as yesterday but no choices for always included etc. It goes right to trip insurance and then review and pay.

The couple sailings I have checked in the last couple of hours doesn't have any choices for cruise only or always included or whatever they are calling it today.    I suspect their IT department is having trouble dealing with the new pricing structures.

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The couple sailings I have checked in the last couple of hours doesn't have any choices for cruise only or always included or whatever they are calling it today.    I suspect their IT department is having trouble dealing with the new pricing structures.

My experience as well.  Still no answer from my X CVP to confirm our prior booking is still all inclusive (which most likely there won't be a change) but if I reprice will all inclusive go away based on mock bookings I've made and that option isn't available.

10 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It’s also complicated by Celebrity selling a lot of group rates through TA’s. If booking direct sometimes the small price increase was worthwhile but compared to a group rate you almost always come out ahead by paying for upgraded drinks/WiFi out of pocket and taking the lower group rate + TA OBC. 

I’m on a 9 night Reflection cruise next Sep 2023.  We got a great group rate with a TA.  I did a mock booking a few days ago for this cruise and the difference between the Aways included and Indulge Pkg was only $378 pp which would be a great deal since we’d also get $300 OBC.  I tried to get the indulge pkg added to my reservation yesterday by calling Celebrity group department because my TA was closed.  They wrote some notes on my account and told me to have my TA call today and they could see if it could be escalated to have it added.   Today they told me since I have a group rate with a refundable deposit the cost for the Indulge upgrade is not $378 pp.  It’s $60 per day per person so it would be $540 per person.  That made a big difference.  In this case it was cheaper for me to upgrade the beverage and wifi pkg separately with my Elite discounts. 

My sailing I don't see the options of all-inclusive.  I tried turning off ad blocker.   After I choose Veranda category, then Deluxe Veranda Stateroom, either we choose or you choose room,  I get to add travel protection, dining, gratuities and refundable deposit.  Nothing about cruise only vs all inclusive price anywhere.

Sailing is Reflection,  Dec 9 2023 out of Fort Lauderdale.  

1 minute ago, sr4mjc said:

My sailing I don't see the options of all-inclusive.  I tried turning off ad blocker.   After I choose Veranda category, then Deluxe Veranda Stateroom, either we choose or you choose room,  I get to add travel protection, dining, gratuities and refundable deposit.  Nothing about cruise only vs all inclusive price anywhere.

Sailing is Reflection,  Dec 9 2023 out of Fort Lauderdale.  

It's so weird! As you can see from the pic I previously posted I get the AI option. I'm not sure what the issue is but Celebrity needs to majorly invest into it's IT dept. 

8 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

I’m on a 9 night Reflection cruise next Sep 2023.  We got a great group rate with a TA.  I did a mock booking a few days ago for this cruise and the difference between the Aways included and Indulge Pkg was only $378 pp which would be a great deal since we’d also get $300 OBC.  I tried to get the indulge pkg added to my reservation yesterday by calling Celebrity group department because my TA was closed.  They wrote some notes on my account and told me to have my TA call today and they could see if it could be escalated to have it added.   Today they told me since I have a group rate with a refundable deposit the cost for the Indulge upgrade is not $378 pp.  It’s $60 per day per person so it would be $540 per person.  That made a big difference.  In this case it was cheaper for me to upgrade the beverage and wifi pkg separately with my Elite discounts. 

You weren’t able to add on Elevate or Indulge since they were their own rates rather than add on features like a drink package. You had to reprice at prevailing rates to get it. 

12 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Celebrity needs to spend some time updating their web site, but this one pager describes the current offerings. Note the name of the file......

6_30_22_Sunsetting Elevate_Indulge_Consumer.pdf (rccl.com)

mac_tlc

Thanks for the info....I note that the 'all included' is available only on select sailings (fine print).

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for the info....I note that the 'all included' is available only on select sailings (fine print).

Thanks for the info.  How did you receive this notice??? I was shocked when doing a dummy booking for 9/23 to see the promos gone and the EXORBITANT cost for refundable deposit!

33 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Thanks for the info.  How did you receive this notice??? I was shocked when doing a dummy booking for 9/23 to see the promos gone and the EXORBITANT cost for refundable deposit!

I posted on the first page of this thread that I found out this info on FB forums last week. Also did a screenshot to try an help with the confusion. 

I’m booked for 8/13/22 sailing and elected the Elevate package, apparently shortly before they ended it.  I like the premium beverages mostly for more wine selection.  I went to try to find the wine menus yesterday for MDR and Cellar Masters, which showed the wines available for premium drinks versus normal all included, and the bottles available, etc.  But the wine menus are gone!  Perhaps they are revisiting the whole premium beverage upgrade program?   I saw some posts from last spring saying Celebrity did not have many of the premium wines in stock, disappointing.  Any experience or thoughts on this?