Concierge Lunch

drakes2

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

It's unfortunate that we have to request both the alternative canapés and the bubbly.  And sadly, if you don't know that, you miss out.  I usually remember to ask for the bubbly maybe half the time.  

Exactly, wouldn't of occurred to me to ask for different canapés or a different bottle of fizz on Beyond when we couldn't drink the one supplied because it was so awful

Live and learn 

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Exactly, wouldn't of occurred to me to ask for different canapés or a different bottle of fizz on Beyond when we couldn't drink the one supplied because it was so awful

Live and learn 

Hello,

The Concierge fizz does have some small benefit to me: It is gratefully accepted by my neighbour for looking after my cat whilst I'm away.

Regards,

Cublet

5 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

The Concierge fizz does have some small benefit to me: It is gratefully accepted by my neighbour for looking after my cat whilst I'm away.

Regards,

Cublet

Some benefits for me too. May have an aperol spritzer on my concierge class SV.

Hello,

Wrong thread but on-topic - or rather what this topic has morphed into.

Reaching Pinnacle on RCI, one of the 'goodies' presented to you at (actually after) the recognition upper tier C&A meeting is said to be Champagne. Oh no it isn't!

Regards,

Cublet

On 7/14/2022 at 9:13 AM, drakes2 said:

I just upgraded from a regular balcony cabin to a C1 aft balcony. The last time I was in concierge class was in 2019 and lunch in the MDR on embarkation day was included. My CVP now says they can sometimes hold the lunch on the first sea day but doesn't make sense as DR is open to everyone.  Would anyone know first hand?  I was really looking forward to the special lunch. Cruise is September 26th 10 night Southern itinerary. 

Hello, "drakes2."

Based on replies from multiple members, it appears that things are back to normal.  That was NOT the case for us last September (Equinox), November (Summit), and January (Reflection) -- when the special lunch for back-to-back and concierge-class guests was held [ridiculously] on the lower level of the MDR, on the first day at sea. 

Why was this done by "X"?  It was because of the chaos and great boarding delays that took place, during the first several months after cruising from U.S. ports was restarted.  Many concierge-class passengers were unable to board the ships until after 1:30/2:00 on Embarkation Day (e-day), so they would have missed their special luncheon.

Even more silly than having the special luncheon on the first day at sea was the fact that several of the items that have long been only on the SPECIAL e-day luncheon menu ... were inserted into the REGULAR luncheon menu that was then used simultaneously on the MDR's upper level for all passengers!  (We suspected that this was done because the chefs objected to having to prepare BOTH all the items on the special e-day menu AND all the items on the regular luncheon menu.)

In no way were "b2b" and "c-class" guests compensated for the inappropriate way in which this was handled.

We are glad to see that the situation is back to normal.

2 hours ago, jg51 said:

Hello, "drakes2."

Based on replies from multiple members, it appears that things are back to normal.  That was NOT the case for us last September (Equinox), November (Summit), and January (Reflection) -- when the special lunch for back-to-back and concierge-class guests was held [ridiculously] on the lower level of the MDR, on the first day at sea. 

Why was this done by "X"?  It was because of the chaos and great boarding delays that took place, during the first several months after cruising from U.S. ports was restarted.  Many concierge-class passengers were unable to board the ships until after 1:30/2:00 on Embarkation Day (e-day), so they would have missed their special luncheon.

Even more silly than having the special luncheon on the first day at sea was the fact that several of the items that have long been only on the SPECIAL e-day luncheon menu ... were inserted into the REGULAR luncheon menu that was then used simultaneously on the MDR's upper level for all passengers!  (We suspected that this was done because the chefs objected to having to prepare BOTH all the items on the special e-day menu AND all the items on the regular luncheon menu.)

In no way were "b2b" and "c-class" guests compensated for the inappropriate way in which this was handled.

We are glad to see that the situation is back to normal.

@jg51thanks for your input. I hope all is good for my Equinox cruise on the 26th September. I love their beef short ribs and I didn't see them offered on my May 11 night Hawaii cruise plus the fact I can relax have a glass if wine without dealing with the stress of the buffet. 

I know in the summer of 2021, when the Millennium/Summit were sailing out of St. Maartin they moved the lunch because the ship left at 10pm.  The idea was that people wanted to fly in day of the cruise to avoid having to get the St. Maartin authorization, or possible test twice.

Had Concierge lunch on the Edge and even though it was nice not doing the buffet I personally found it underwhelming. 

I just ask my steward to change out my bottle of bubbly for a bottle of Chardonnay. No issue to change out. 

3 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Does anyonw know what is served at the lunch?  This will be our first time in C class

1 hour ago, NM2020 said:

Hi 

I am on the Hubbard Glacier on 31 July. How on earth do I find about the concierge lunch? We are Concierge class and have a loading time of 11 to 11.30?

We are in Concierge on Silhouette 30 July. Details of the lunch are in the app Dining: loyalty and suites. 
B1090E28-4554-428C-B5BD-A9C5205DBA48.thumb.png.e4ed8131e1b953d822b10aeeb318fc1f.png

1 hour ago, Pennstatedj said:

We just got off the Equinox on Saturday. We were btb and were invited to the Concierge lunch on the second cruise. It was great. Short Ribs were on the menu. 

The braised short ribs are excellent. 

11 hours ago, NM2020 said:

Hi 

I am on the Hubbard Glacier on 31 July. How on earth do I find about the concierge lunch? We are Concierge class and have a loading time of 11 to 11.30?

We were originally in Concierge on our cruise last week.  We got an email (right after our move up to Aqua) say the lunch information would be in the cabin.

15 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Does anyone know what is served at the lunch?  This will be our first time in C class

12 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

We are in Concierge on Silhouette 30 July. Details of the lunch are in the app Dining: loyalty and suites. ...

For folks (like us) who have neither a phone nor an app, here is our "old-fashioned" way of listing the items on the special lunch (for back-to-back and concierge-class passengers) ...

Appetizer:  (none)

Soup:         Butternut Squash Soup

Salad:        Caesar Salad (with optional Chicken Slices)

-----

Entree 1.  Whole-Wheat Penne Pasta

Entree 2.  Moroccan Braised Short Ribs

Entree 3.  Roast Salmon

Entree 4.  Grilled Chicken Paillard (or [Turkey] Focaccia Panini)

Other Entree options:  Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Hot Dog

-----

Dessert 1.  Warm Apple Pie (w. Vanilla Bean Gelato)

Dessert 2.  Chocolate Cake

-----

Ice Cream, etc:

Option #1. Vanilla, Chocolate, and "flavor-to-be-determined" [TBD]

Option #2. Sorbet (flavor-TBD)

Option #3. Low-Fat Frozen Yogurt (flavor-TBD)

Toppings for the above:

usually Chocolate Fudge, Butterscotch, Raspberry

Everything is delicious, in our opinion!

Edited by jg51

On 7/19/2022 at 3:26 AM, TowandaUK said:

We are in Concierge on Silhouette 30 July. Details of the lunch are in the app Dining: loyalty and suites. 

We are in Concierge on the Equinox on 29 Aug. For the life of me, I just cannot locate the "loyalty and suites" link you refer to. First time X cruisers. 

Any help would be appreciated!

44 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

We are in Concierge on the Equinox on 29 Aug. For the life of me, I just cannot locate the "loyalty and suites" link you refer to. First time X cruisers. 

Any help would be appreciated!

In the app under dining across the top it shows “restaurants “ , “main dining”, “bars and lounges”, etc…..keep scrolling to the right and it might show it. We sail next week and it’s not there. On our last cruise in May it was so who knows. Good luck!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

In the app under dining across the top it shows “restaurants “ , “main dining”, “bars and lounges”, etc…..keep scrolling to the right and it might show it. We sail next week and it’s not there. On our last cruise in May it was so who knows. Good luck!

Thanks. Found "Loyalty &  Suites" on the app right where you described but the only things listed there are The Retreat Lounge and The Retreat Sundeck.   🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 9:40 PM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Does anyonw know what is served at the lunch?  This will be our first time in C class

If you look under the various events on the app it will show you.  Example on mine the Solstice 2 Sept

STARTERS:

Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

Classic Ceasar Salad

ENTREES

Roast Salmon with sauteed spinach, fingerling mashed potato and caper vinaigrette

Moroccan Braised Short Ribs Sultana couscous, toasted almonds, cinnamon charred carrots.

Grilled Chicken Paillard arugula, over dried grape tomato, shallot vinaigrette, and French fries

Whole Wheat Penne Pasta braised tomatoes, leeks asparagus and herb ricotta crostini

DESERTS

Chocolate cake with layers of dulce de leche and chocolate fudge

Warm Apple Pie with vanilla bean gelato and candied walnuts

WINE RECOMENDATIONS

Chardonnay, Elegance by Celebrity Cruises & Jackson Family Wines $11/$43

Cabernet Sauvignon, Elegance by Celebrity Cruises & JAckson Family Wines $11/$48

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I recently sailed on the Summit and they had the concierge lunch on embarkation day. Interestingly, we booked a sunset varanda (8172), but were classified as concierge when we got onboard. So, we took advantage of the lunch and also got invited to the helipad for sail away as Concierge club passengers. 

• Like 1