Concierge Lunch

drakes2

29 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Do you think it would be fair on those who have paid to enjoy the benefits of concierge class if she was able to join you?

I agree, this is one of the few worthwhile perks in booking that class of cabin. I feel the same about Retreat guests who want to bring their non suites friends to the Luminae for meals. In 2021 after the restart of cruising after Covid this was one of the things taken away on embarkation day and I know many who were very displeased by that decision.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, crusin okie said:

Did B2B last month on Beyond.  The lunch was on Day 1 on both cruises.  It was convenient but not "special".

Was there a notice/invitation in your cabin when you dropped off your luggage for the first cruise?

On 3/6/2023 at 8:19 PM, sunonfire said:

Instead of cheese and crackers has anyone asked for cookies?

I just read on a different thread that you can ask for fruit and cheese instead of the canapés, Has anyone ordered cookies or cheese and fruit?

36 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

I just read on a different thread that you can ask for fruit and cheese instead of the canapés, Has anyone ordered cookies or cheese and fruit?

We just got off the Reflection about 10 days ago. Yes, you can select from the traditional canapes, cheese and crackers, or a fruit plate, We went with the fruit plate, and it was in our Cabin every day around 3:30pm. An important note, it didn't say this in our paperwork when we boarded I asked the room steward and he presented the option. But I will let everyone know on the paperwork it clearly says now that the Bottle of Sparkling Wine CAN NOT be exchanged for anything. We didn't push the issue because it was written down.

Edited by cmaleblanc
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cmaleblanc said:

We just got off the Reflection about 10 days ago. Yes, you can select from the traditional canapes, cheese and crackers, or a fruit plate, are the 3 options presented. We went with the fruit plate, and it was in our Cabin every day around 3:30pm. An important note, it didn't say this in our paperwork when we boarded I asked the room steward and he presented the option. But I will let everyone know on the paperwork it clearly says now that the Bottle of Sparkling Wine CAN NOT be exchanged for anything. We didn't push the issue because it was written down.

Silly question how much fruit was on the plate and what kinds of fruits?

We were on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago in Concierge. Our "canapes" weren't even just strange - they were disgusting. Each day we got potato salad, chopped tomatoes, or one day a watermelon salad. It repeated quite often. Some days there would be two pieces of salami with tiny breadstick crackers. Sometimes two mini chocolate or coconut cupcakes. It was like whatever they had leftover went on the plate. If I had known we could ask for something else we would have. 

15 hours ago, crusin okie said:

Did B2B last month on Beyond.  The lunch was on Day 1 on both cruises.  It was convenient but not "special".

What is special about the lunch is no other passengers booked in less than suites get a sit-down lunch in the MDR on embarkation day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunonfire said:

Silly question how much fruit was on the plate and what kinds of fruits?

I would say maybe 10-12 slices of different fruit, it changed every day, Cantaloupe or Honeydew was the staple on the plate with 2-6 slices, and they would mix up the rest of it, some days it was a few blackberries, maybe some banana, little kiwi. Things like that. I would say it was enough for 1-1.5 people. If you're a big fruit lover it maybe a little light for you. But it worked for us. 

4 hours ago, lorimay said:

We were on the Equinox a couple of weeks ago in Concierge. Our "canapes" weren't even just strange - they were disgusting. Each day we got potato salad, chopped tomatoes, or one day a watermelon salad. It repeated quite often. Some days there would be two pieces of salami with tiny breadstick crackers. Sometimes two mini chocolate or coconut cupcakes. It was like whatever they had leftover went on the plate. If I had known we could ask for something else we would have. 

That was our experience and we had to throw the canapés away. That was such a waste. I’m glad there are some choices.

19 hours ago, horseymike said:

maybe time to stop booking it.

Absolutely will no longer book. If you bother to read, most people (myself included) are annoyed because we booked this last year for a 2023 cruise before all the changes were decided and it's now past final deposit.

Edited by BazingAu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BazingAu said:

Absolutely will no longer book. If you bother to read, most people (myself included) are annoyed because we booked this last year for a 2023 cruise before all the changes were decided and it's now past final deposit.

I totally agree.

On 3/14/2023 at 8:37 AM, C4HCG said:

Do you think it would be fair on those who have paid to enjoy the benefits of concierge class if she was able to join you?

She's a single senior on her first ever cruise. I guess I didn't think it's that big a deal to see if she could join us. If not, will eat in the mess hall.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:19 PM, lorimay said:

We basically flushed most of the food down the toilet. The potato salad was a terrible sign of the quality of the CC perks received

We see no benefit in booking concierge class in the future It once had great benefits but that is no longer the case

• 3 weeks later...