Concierge Lunch

drakes2

On 7/22/2022 at 8:56 AM, ScottC4746 said:

If you look under the various events on the app it will show you.  Example on mine the Solstice 2 Sept

STARTERS:

Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

Classic Ceasar Salad

ENTREES

Roast Salmon with sauteed spinach, fingerling mashed potato and caper vinaigrette

Moroccan Braised Short Ribs Sultana couscous, toasted almonds, cinnamon charred carrots.

Grilled Chicken Paillard arugula, over dried grape tomato, shallot vinaigrette, and French fries

Whole Wheat Penne Pasta braised tomatoes, leeks asparagus and herb ricotta crostini

DESERTS

Chocolate cake with layers of dulce de leche and chocolate fudge

Warm Apple Pie with vanilla bean gelato and candied walnuts

WINE RECOMENDATIONS

Chardonnay, Elegance by Celebrity Cruises & Jackson Family Wines $11/$43

Cabernet Sauvignon, Elegance by Celebrity Cruises & JAckson Family Wines $11/$48

I love the braised short ribs. Unfortunately didn't book a concierge this time but pretty sure they will be in the MDR one evening. I prefer the Elegance pinot noir to the cab just find the pinot more flavourful. 

11 minutes ago, bubbachief said:

My wife and I are booked in a Concierge cabin. We are sailing with another person  who is not. Will she be able to join us at the lunch?

Unfortunately not.

2 hours ago, Cruising Cindy Lou said:

I have never been in concierge room before. Our next cruise we were assigned concierge.  What benefits are there with this type of room booking? 

A lunch in the dining room on embarkation day, 2 more points per night than a balcony, possibly, foo-foo snacks delivered to your room and access to a concierge.  We did get a helipad invite once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

A lunch in the dining room on embarkation day, 2 more points per night than a balcony, possibly, foo-foo snacks delivered to your room and access to a concierge.  We did get a helipad invite once.

The 5 points per night are useful if you are close to the next level. In my case I got 10 per night as solo in cabin.  A bottle of sparkling wine which was handy as I made mimosas with breakfast on balcony.  Got helipad invite also drinks were mimosas but one night they offered a blue moon martini so nice change.  I went to a second helipad sail but in all honesty I preferred the view from my balcony as it was a sunset verandah.   Canapes are not good but I asked for cheese and crackers instead. 

• Like 1

Just now, drakes2 said:

The 5 points per night are useful if you are close to the next level. In my case I got 10 per night as solo in cabin.  A bottle of sparkling wine which was handy as I made mimosas with breakfast on balcony.  Got helipad invite also drinks were mimosas but one night they offered a blue moon martini so nice change.  I went to a second helipad sail but in all honesty I preferred the view from my balcony as it was a sunset verandah.   Canapes are not good but I asked for cheese and crackers instead. 

Canapes are weird often, so we also got cheese and crackers instead.  First cruise (when I had concierge) I asked the concierge for no fish in the canapes.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I love the braised short ribs. Unfortunately didn't book a concierge this time but pretty sure they will be in the MDR one evening. I prefer the Elegance pinot noir to the cab just find the pinot more flavourful. 

Our daughter just returned from a cruise on Reflection and they had changed the Short Ribs to Beef Bourguignon at the concierge lunch.  We go in a few weeks and I love the short ribs too, so disappointed.  She said the Bourguignon was good. Anyone have a current menu? I would like to see what else is offered and she doesn't remember..

And I'm not seeing short ribs on any of the MDR menus...

Edited by landlocked406
adding info

On 3/6/2023 at 9:32 AM, Cruising Cindy Lou said:

I have never been in concierge room before. Our next cruise we were assigned concierge.  What benefits are there with this type of room booking? 

Directly from their website:

Amenities:

Sparkling Wine upon request

Daily delectable delights (Not worth it IMHO)

Pillow selection upon request

Use of umbrella and binoculars

Celebrity embossed key holder

Stateroom Features:

King-sized bed (Bed as large or larger than average standard international king-size bed)

eXhale® bedding   

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Sitting area with sofa

Veranda with lounge seating

Individual safe

Dual voltage 110/220 AC

Mini-fridge (Additional charges apply.  Not included in any beverage package)

Hair dryer

Services:

Personalized Concierge service

Exclusive Destination Seminar

Laundry service (Additional charges apply)

Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch

24-hour room service ($9.95 service fee and 18% gratuity may apply)

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 4:27 PM, landlocked406 said:

Our daughter just returned from a cruise on Reflection and they had changed the Short Ribs to Beef Bourguignon at the concierge lunch.  We go in a few weeks and I love the short ribs too, so disappointed.  She said the Bourguignon was good. Anyone have a current menu? I would like to see what else is offered and she doesn't remember..

On Edge now. Short Ribs were on day one concierge luncheon

they were excellent

On 3/5/2023 at 5:55 PM, bubbachief said:

My wife and I are booked in a Concierge cabin. We are sailing with another person  who is not. Will she be able to join us at the lunch?

Most likely, she will not be able to join you, it is an exclusive benefit to that Concierge class bookings.

15 hours ago, yknot13 said:

On Edge now. Short Ribs were on day one concierge luncheon

they were excellent

Great! I really hope they are on the menu for us.  They showed up on the MDR menu day 4 of our upcoming sailing recently too, so I'm happy.

5 minutes ago, landlocked406 said:

Great! I really hope they are on the menu for us.  They showed up on the MDR menu day 4 of our upcoming sailing recently too, so I'm happy.

They also show up on most cruises in the MDR for dinner once.

On 3/6/2023 at 3:27 PM, landlocked406 said:

Nooooooo... Literally every single reason why I booked concierge is getting taken away... 

On 3/5/2023 at 5:55 PM, bubbachief said:

We’re thinking about doing the same, & are curious about that, as well. 

On 3/5/2023 at 11:55 PM, bubbachief said:

Do you think it would be fair on those who have paid to enjoy the benefits of concierge class if she was able to join you?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bubbachief said:

We are in same situation. Will ask, the worst  they can say is no.

On our last Aqua class booking in 2019, our friends were in a Concierge cabin and we were given a strong NO when they asked if we could join them for the embarkation lunch.