New Zealand cruise ports opening up?

18 minutes ago, vinonme2 said:

In May, 2022, announcement was made that cruise ships would be allowed into New Zealand ports beginning July 31, 2022.

Is this still in place or has there been a change or update to this? 

p&o is cruising to Auckland next month from Sydney so it must be open

9 hours ago, vinonme2 said:

In May, 2022, announcement was made that cruise ships would be allowed into New Zealand ports beginning July 31, 2022.

Is this still in place or has there been a change or update to this? 

New Zealand is open to cruise ships,they need the money.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

If NZ renegs on their cruise opening, I reckon it will stop some of the American ships coming over laden with pax from the Land of tipping.

Aw come on, we're not that bad are we?  

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, NSWP said:

If NZ renegs on their cruise opening, I reckon it will stop some of the American ships coming over laden with pax from the Land of tipping.

What a bizarre statement to make 🤔 

"New Zealand will welcome the return of cruise ships to its shores from July 31 ... the border will reopen without added restrictions, allowing cruise lines to begin making preparations for their return"

I don't think New Zealand is in the habit of reneging, maybe you're judging NZ by someone else's standards 🤔

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jean C said:

What a bizarre statement to make 🤔 

"New Zealand will welcome the return of cruise ships to its shores from July 31 ... the border will reopen without added restrictions, allowing cruise lines to begin making preparations for their return"

I don't think New Zealand is in the habit of reneging, maybe you're judging NZ by someone else's standards 🤔

NZ opened and closed borders before. Nothing is confirmed in this covid world at the moment.

A

31 minutes ago, NSWP said:

NZ opened and closed borders before. Nothing is confirmed in this covid world at the moment.

Agreed Les.... still a lot of water to go under the bridge before our cruise 4th Nov   Melbourne to NZ and hopefully back

will know once it leaves the US on 3rd Oct  on route to Auckland then Sydney and then down to Melbourne for us......

Cheers Don

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

A

Agreed Les.... still a lot of water to go under the bridge before our cruise 4th Nov   Melbourne to NZ and hopefully back

will know once it leaves the US on 3rd Oct  on route to Auckland then Sydney and then down to Melbourne for us......

Cheers Don

Thank God someone agrees with me for once. Thanks young Don.

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

They would still come, Australia and the South Pacific is enough

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 11:24 PM, SuitesRbest said:

Lets just get on with it, reckon most country's will have bugar all restrictions by end of year in my opinion.

Let's hope not.  This virus is not going to go away, it will have to be managed going forward.

In the current state, I wonder what Jacinda will require for an "amber" status ship upon arrival?

All I have read so far relates to air travel, which requires a self-administered test on day 0/1 after arrival, and day 5/6. If the ship is healthy enough, I would say that an Auckland visit alone for Pacific Explorer next month would not require day 0 testing, but would require tests if there is an elevated level aboard.

For ships doing a lap of NZ later in the year, it will be interesting if they still apply two RAT tests during the transit of NZ ports.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 7:54 AM, NSWP said:

Your on the money there Les, and with the resurgence of Covid in Australia, NZ and indeed any of the islands are unlikely to welcome a cruise ship from anywhere with more than just a few confirmed cases on board.   It's the reason we still have not booked a cruise to anywhere and it's killing us!

• Like 1

Interesting read as I sit here watching the circle of I'm not a robot whilst trying to complete my NZ travel pass. I'm only going to Brisvegas for 4 days. Could take longer than that to get a pass to come home 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2022 at 7:24 PM, Bpos said:

Your on the money there Les, and with the resurgence of Covid in Australia, NZ and indeed any of the islands are unlikely to welcome a cruise ship from anywhere with more than just a few confirmed cases on board.   It's the reason we still have not booked a cruise to anywhere and it's killing us!

I can understand how you feel. Yesterday was 3 birthdays without cruising, and based on recent events our next cruise in September will most likely be watered down from the Conflict Islands to some meaningless meanderings up and down the coast, which we will still enjoy.

On 7/22/2022 at 8:55 AM, Russell21 said:

I can understand how you feel. Yesterday was 3 birthdays without cruising, and based on recent events our next cruise in September will most likely be watered down from the Conflict Islands to some meaningless meanderings up and down the coast, which we will still enjoy.

We’re on that same cruise.  We were going to spend 2 weeks in Queensland staying at various places. But when this cruise came up with a good price it made sense to do it instead plus all the meals are covered.