Brilliance of the Seas has Disappeared from the Mediterranean from May to September in 2023.

On 7/22/2022 at 9:53 PM, springaussie said:

I wonder if Brilliance is off to China?

They could easy sell the cruises in the Chinese market at short notice.

Run a Panama Canal cruise to the West Coast then run no passengers to Shanghai! 

I hope not! 

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Explorer is showing very similar itineraries, all from Venice. 

We have a B2B booked end of next June, the nice thing about the itineraries is that they are not loops, our B2B begins in Greece and ends in Spain. Explorer is similar, but we booked Brilliance specifically for those itineraries and wouldn't be interested in anything still available (let alone the lack of cabin availability).

• Like 1

We were originally booked for Brilliance in August 2023 (Greek Isles) but saw that Odyssey had a similar itinerary the same week and jumped over. We made the change last month and now after finding out she's disapeared, we are thinking we made a good choice. Although, in hindsight, wondering if we would have saved a $200 change fee if we had waited for them to cancel the Brilliance on us first. Sigh...

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

I’ve just been checking out availability on Explorer just in case. Leaves a day earlier and gone to one new port so I’ll be happy with that!

Now I also assume they will withdraw Brilliance from the Med as Explorer, Rhapsody and Odyssey can cover East Med and all West Med goes to big Symphony. Unfortunately Royal does not care that much about their booked European guests, if not enough Americans book they are gone and leave the market to others like MSC, Costa, Aida and TUI. Trust we have made our last cruise with Royal this April after many years….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saab4444 said:

Now I also assume they will withdraw Brilliance from the Med as Explorer, Rhapsody and Odyssey can cover East Med and all West Med goes to big Symphony. Unfortunately Royal does not care that much about their booked European guests, if not enough Americans book they are gone and leave the market to others like MSC, Costa, Aida and TUI. Trust we have made our last cruise with Royal this April after many years….

I am very surprised if they are filling old Rhapsody from Limassol- it’s a tricky place to get to/ and expensive/ and necessitates an overnight stay!  I’m waiting for them to package up with flights like they did last year 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCL2RCI said:

We have a B2B booked end of next June, the nice thing about the itineraries is that they are not loops, our B2B begins in Greece and ends in Spain. Explorer is similar, but we booked Brilliance specifically for those itineraries and wouldn't be interested in anything still available (let alone the lack of cabin availability).

I haven’t made up my mind….the current sailing I booked for us starts in Athens and ends in Ravenna. I’d rather still sail out of Athens since we have a S2S with MSC Musica also in Athens. Still, the prices for Explorer are pretty cheap right now at least for October, and plenty of cabins available. I’m hoping we hear sooner rather than later. Worst case scenario we spend a week on an island then take a transatlantic home. 

16 hours ago, little britain said:

I am very surprised if they are filling old Rhapsody from Limassol- it’s a tricky place to get to/ and expensive/ and necessitates an overnight stay!  I’m waiting for them to package up with flights like they did last year 

I liked the package deal from Cyprus on Jewel last year.

The sailings on Rhapsody from Hafa must not be selling well as they are very cheap.

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

The sailings on Rhapsody from Hafa must not be selling well as they are very cheap.

Yes the package with the chartered flights was a great deal! 

4 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

The number of cruisers from Israel is limited and who else would fly to Israel just to cruise from there to Greece? 

• Like 2

It seems that RC has lost interest in offering anything different, at least in Europe. Our first cruise was a fabulous 12 night Eastern Med cruise which departed from Rome on Mariner and included an overnight in Istanbul. We’d do it again in a heartbeat. 

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

It seems that RC has lost interest in offering anything different, at least in Europe. Our first cruise was a fabulous 12 night Eastern Med cruise which departed from Rome on Mariner and included an overnight in Istanbul. We’d do it again in a heartbeat. 

Agree. We did some wonderful 12 nighters on Radiance class ships - East Med with call into Kotor and West Med with overnight in Venice. We would definitely have booked again but they moved them to Vision class which we have no interest in. And even they are now gone. Same old same old now in the Med, we have one more cruise booked with RC (only as a result of past cancellations) and nothing planned.

3 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

That’s why the Rhapsody is of interest: as it offers a midnight departure from Istanbul. And a stop in Thessaloniki - Something different for a change!  

Now if only they would base a ship in Istanbul!! Wishful thinking! 

14 minutes ago, little britain said:

That’s why the Rhapsody is of interest: as it offers a midnight departure from Istanbul. And a stop in Thessaloniki - Something different for a change!  

What date does it go to Istanbul. Might have a look

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Agreed it’s not routine but I wouldn’t bring 5 people (family holiday) on a five hour flight for a 7 days itinerary. And pricing is too high for us for a B2B.