Bringing soda onboard?

Tank412

26 minutes ago, Tank412 said:

I can afford the soda but some that are trying to stay sober would prefer not having to be around the alcohol. Is there anywhere on board to buy a soda without being around it? Even the buffet has beer and soda together. 
I would like to know if anyone can confirm no plastic?

Can’t confirm it from anything I’ve been able to find directly on celebrity but have seen it referenced on several other cruise lines information links.  Good luck!!

On 7/25/2022 at 10:44 PM, Tank412 said:

I can afford the soda but some that are trying to stay sober would prefer not having to be around the alcohol. Is there anywhere on board to buy a soda without being around it? Even the buffet has beer and soda together. 
I would like to know if anyone can confirm no plastic?

I cannot tell you where it SAYS that, but I do know that Celebrity is VERY conscious of the environment and tries to be "Green" whenever possible.  Plastic bottles do not fit into this category.  I looked at photos my husband took when taking the ship's tour on the Reflection and though I saw LOTS of folded cardboard and crushed soda cans, I did not see any plastic bottles that were to be recycled.  I asked my husband to be certain and he said, "No.  Absolutely no plastic."

So far there are been “impressions” and “suppositions” but no sign of any prohibition on plastic bottles on Celebrity outside of one sign in Vancouver.  Other lines might do it differently.  As of now there is no specific reference on the Celebrity website, nor in the e docs.

Edited by cruisestitch

On 7/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, RD64 said:

You can afford the cruise - I am sure you can afford to buy the water on board.

Some people can afford cruising because they don’t waste money unnecessarily. Who are you to make a judgement on someone’s finances?

• Like 10

2 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

I cannot tell you where it SAYS that, but I do know that Celebrity is VERY conscious of the environment and tries to be "Green" whenever possible.  Plastic bottles do not fit into this category.  I looked at photos my husband took when taking the ship's tour on the Reflection and though I saw LOTS of folded cardboard and crushed soda cans, I did not see any plastic bottles that were to be recycled.  I asked my husband to be certain and he said, "No.  Absolutely no plastic."

The Vitamin Water served on board definitely comes in a plastic bottle.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

We got plastic bottles of water on the pier as recently as December (or maybe it was January) on the Constellation. Sometimes they have to take what they can get.

• 8 months later...

Has there ever been a consensus about what and how many items passengers are allowed to take onboard? I'd like to take 2x12 cans on the 15 day Panama Canal trip because Celebrity doesn't have either Cherry Coke and Vanilla Coke which I like (and they usually run out of Ice Tea as well).

On 7/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, rrraydon said:

Some people can afford cruising because they don’t waste money unnecessarily. Who are you to make a judgement on someone’s finances?

Exactly. Just because one can afford to cruise doesn't mean they should be wasteful.  That persons comment made absolutely no sense. 

• Like 3

On 7/28/2022 at 4:25 PM, cruisestitch said:

So far there are been “impressions” and “suppositions” but no sign of any prohibition on plastic bottles on Celebrity outside of one sign in Vancouver.  Other lines might do it differently.  As of now there is no specific reference on the Celebrity website, nor in the e docs.

The executive office emailed me that Celebrity had banned the use of plastic beverage containers being sold onboard.  Obviously there are some food items only in plastic.  And that passengers were permitted to bring a 12pk of "sodas" in plastic bottles.

Thus are plastic bottles banned? 

No, but we know sodas are all in cans as is water with specialty water and liquor in glass  bottles if from X.

And thus, you can take your 2 12pks of Cherry Coke on board at embarkation- preferably in carry on baggage.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, janetz said:

We bring on a 12 pack seltzer, no issues

Wonder if they will let you bring sodastream on board.  I know the CO2 canister is not allowed on flights, but if you are driving to the port...

Sodastream is probably lighter than 12 pack of seltzer and one canister could make 60 liters (over 100 bottles) of seltzer. 😁

Just rolled onto Millennium with the 2x12 packs of Cherry/Vanilla Coke (delivered by Uber Eats to my hotel this morning), and nobody even batted an eye.

Together with the Blu/elite Breakfast, Elite HH, and free water this should take care of most needs in the coming two weeks.

• Like 1

The problem with ordering on board is that they make you sign a slip that requests an additional tip, which is a hassle, and the even larger hassle is the hard sell the first days of a cruise to induce you to sign up for a beverage package or upgrade. On Apex they tried to intercept everyone going through the solarium on the first day of the cruise to sell packages, and the sales pitch at every bar, Cafe el Bacio, and even at dinner. It's almost as annoying as the aggressive begging at dinner for a good review rating, particularly from Indian waiters. I mostly cruise Mexico and Alaska, so instead of carrying soda on board, I just wait until the first port and hit a convenience store--Oxxo in Mexico, and bring back a 2L of Coke sin azucar. The problem with bringing drinks on board at embarkation is that security might be dealing with multiple ships with multiple policies, especially ports that handle Carnival or NCL ships as well, who don't allow any liquids on board. 

On 7/24/2022 at 3:16 PM, Sascol said:

There really are not any bar lines enough to offset the hassle of bringing your own soda onboard. 

I am not sure its a hassle 🙂 I decided not to get a drinks package for my 12 cruise to Scandinavia as they wanted about $1900 for 2 people. Went with the pay as you go method so maybe bringing a 12 pack of coke I will see if its a hassle 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, RD64 said:

You can afford the cruise - I am sure you can afford to buy the water on board.

For me it is not a matter of affording it, I am not a fan of the brand of water they offer.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:25 PM, cruisestitch said:

Go ahead.  Only thing you have to loose is all your carry-on plastic bottles.

I have made my statement based on actual experience.  AND THAT'S A FACT!

You will also not find any plastic straws on the ships either.

On 7/28/2022 at 8:41 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity encourages refilling water bottles.  Are you telling me I cannot bring a plastic bottle on board and refill it at one of the refilling stations?

No, didn't say that.  Different when talking about drinking vessel as opposed to bringing on cases of liquids in plastic bottles.

On 4/21/2023 at 4:52 PM, rj59 said:

I just wait until the first port and hit a convenience store--Oxxo in Mexico, and bring back a 2L of Coke sin azucar.

So, Celebrity does allow you to bring on drinks purchased in port (non alcoholic), and you can take it to your room with no issue?

On 7/25/2022 at 9:00 AM, cruisestitch said:

Can you point me to where it says that passengers can’t bring plastic bottles on board? Thanks.

Interesting! Last December in Sydney Aus.  I brought 4 large Plastic bottles of Root beer on in my Backpack and it passed thru the Xray machine and nothing was said.

We were in Puerto Vallarta yesterday and I took four plastic bottles from Wal Mart onboard. Once again, nobody cared.

So whatever this alleged plastic bottle ban is, it's either a local thing for one specific port or imaginary.