****CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #3 -‐- JULY 21, 2022***

Host Carolyn

For people that have used the OnPoint (bring your own test kit) proctored test,  I have a odd question.  I have some covid tests which expire soon and would be expired by 2 days for the date when i need to take them for our upcoming cruise.  I'd think the actual test would likely still be fine with only two days past the date but was wondering, for people that have used this service, is this something they are likely to ask to see on the box (or care about).  I can buy fresh ones but prefer to not waste em if possible.  It says to provide a unopened box so I'm not sure if that means they are really having you show it all over to em on the camera. 

It's our first time using one of these services.. sadly Walgreens seems to no longer offer the antigen testing in our area.

2 hours ago, Rassilon said:

For people that have used the OnPoint (bring your own test kit) proctored test,  I have a odd question.  I have some covid tests which expire soon and would be expired by 2 days for the date when i need to take them for our upcoming cruise.  I'd think the actual test would likely still be fine with only two days past the date but was wondering, for people that have used this service, is this something they are likely to ask to see on the box (or care about).  I can buy fresh ones but prefer to not waste em if possible.  It says to provide a unopened box so I'm not sure if that means they are really having you show it all over to em on the camera. 

It's our first time using one of these services.. sadly Walgreens seems to no longer offer the antigen testing in our area.

The dates on those tests have been extended 3 months.

Just used Emed for testing myself and the kids. Super easy and convenient. Just have a way to prop your device to be able to view the flat surface where you are placing the card. Both front and back cameras are used.

On 8/3/2022 at 2:15 AM, leugerst said:

We cruise on the Pride from Dover on 12 August, trying to confirm testing--does the Covid test need to be a PCR test or can it be an Antigen?  We are fully vaccinated.

Thanks

I got off Pride in Dover, June 19 to July 22, we used antigen, no problems 🙂 enjoy

Our Onpoint Testing didn't ask about the expiration of the tests,  only the brand. Then again,  they didn't check our ID so we could have been anyone, and they checked the test results within about 2 minutes,  so......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, madcat207 said:

Our Onpoint Testing didn't ask about the expiration of the tests,  only the brand. Then again,  they didn't check our ID so we could have been anyone, and they checked the test results within about 2 minutes,  so......

Exact same experience here. They read our test the moment it past the t for test. 

3 hours ago, madcat207 said:

no issues with Carnival accepting results from them? 

4 hours ago, Rassilon said:

no issues with Carnival accepting results from them? 

Nope, the test results were official  and no problem at all. 

For what it's worth, my wife had more scrutiny on her Onpoint Testing, having to show ID, and took longer to validate the results.  I think it varies between the proctor really.

Let's be honest though... the test is just for show, and they (and carnival) knows that. (Personally, I am fine with that, as I too am long past this theater...)

• Like 4

Carnival just dropped the testing requirement for vaccinated cruises going to the Bahamas (5 nights or less) again a few minutes ago to match the other cruise  lines.  Off/On then back off again.

I.e. no test needed now for those.  Bermuda does still though, altough with the travel Authorisation.

Dear Carnival Guest,

We are pleased to share that our COVID protocols continue to evolve. We remain, as always, committed to the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we serve. Effective August 8, 2022, guests should be guided by the following COVID-19 testing requirements related to cruises visiting The Bahamas. This applies specifically to itineraries 5 days or shorter only:

Vaccinated guests do not have to present a COVID test result at embarkation.

All unvaccinated guests must present the negative results of a pre-embarkation test – either a supervised PCR or an antigen test taken up to three (3) days prior to embarkation.

For complete information on vaccination and testing requirements and other protocols, please visit our Have Fun. Be Safe. page here.

We apologize for the late notice but trust you will find this to be good news.

We look forward to welcoming you on board for a FUN and memorable Carnival cruise.

Sincerely,

Christine Duffy

President, Carnival Cruise Line

And the website

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122

--

Except for sailings visiting Bermuda (see below), there will be no pre-cruise testing for fully vaccinated guests booked on cruises with itineraries 5 days or less.

Due to destination requirements, ALL guests on itineraries that include Bermuda must complete a pre-cruise test, irrespective of the length of the cruise.
To comply with destination regulations, guests may take either a PCR or an antigen test within the timelines specified below:
A PCR test within 72 hours prior to sailing (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday).
An antigen test no earlier than two days prior to sailing (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Thursday).

Edited by atricks

7 minutes ago, atricks said:

Carnival just dropped the testing requirement vaccinated for Bahamas (5 nights or less) again to match the other cruise lines.  Off/On back off again.

Dear Carnival Guest,

We are pleased to share that our COVID protocols continue to evolve. We remain, as always, committed to the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we serve. Effective August 8, 2022, guests should be guided by the following COVID-19 testing requirements related to cruises visiting The Bahamas. This applies specifically to itineraries 5 days or shorter only:

Vaccinated guests do not have to present a COVID test result at embarkation.

All unvaccinated guests must present the negative results of a pre-embarkation test – either a supervised PCR or an antigen test taken up to three (3) days prior to embarkation.

For complete information on vaccination and testing requirements and other protocols, please visit our Have Fun. Be Safe. page here.

We apologize for the late notice but trust you will find this to be good news.

We look forward to welcoming you on board for a FUN and memorable Carnival cruise.

Sincerely,

Christine Duffy

President, Carnival Cruise Line

Voyages sailing to Bermuda, The Bahamas, or Grand Cayman are not included. These destinations still require cruise ships to test passengers before docking. 

7 minutes ago, Dthomas1 said:

Voyages sailing to Bermuda, The Bahamas, or Grand Cayman are not included. These destinations still require cruise ships to test passengers before docking. 

Grand Cayman dropped the requirement a few days ago.  And the Bahamas doesn't.  Carnival just updated the rules to match (as in only minutes ago)

2 minutes ago, atricks said:

Grand Cayman dropped the requirement a few days ago.  And the Bahamas doesn't.  Carnival just updated the rules to match (as in only minutes ago)

Yeah, I just now went back to Carnival's website. Bermuda yes, The Bahamas no. I wish they would get it straight. I don't mind getting the test but not if I don't need to.

16 hours ago, captainmayi said:

We did Onpoint testing with our free covid tests from the government.  It was suuuper easy.  Totally recommend!

Princess just made a announcement that proctered test is no longer required but you still need a negative test. Now you just need to attest that you have taken a test within 3 days and it was negative.

• Like 1