****CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #3 -‐- JULY 21, 2022***

Host Carolyn

12 minutes ago, KendallGator said:

Insurance covers the PCR test. CVS requires a separate appointment $$ with their minute clinic to do the rapid test. 

I see. Walgreens isn't doing drive-through rapid testing in your area? That's how I've done all my cruise testing to date, since CVS and my county ended their free drive-up testing.

Hello All: Think I read on MSN today Carnival doing away with Covid testing pre cruising?, Haven't seen anything on John Heald's Facebook page so not sure if this is true or not or if I read it wrong. Sailing on the Carnival Legend 9/3/22 out of Baltimore. Thanks

3 minutes ago, Morebeer said:

Hello All: Think I read on MSN today Carnival doing away with Covid testing pre cruising?, Haven't seen anything on John Heald's Facebook page so not sure if this is true or not or if I read it wrong. Sailing on the Carnival Legend 9/3/22 out of Baltimore. Thanks

FIngers n toes crossed, and eyes too........stop the barricade.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Morebeer said:

Link?

If Carnival is doing away with testing, no one, including John Heald and their website has announced it. I checked out MSN and didn’t see anything about it at all except an article from May about the outbreak on Miracle when it got to Seattle from Miami. The Margaritaville cruise ship has done away with it for vaccinated as has Virgin.

41 minutes ago, Morebeer said:

We are also on this cruise and it is an 8 day cruise to New England/Canada. Canada requires a negative Covid test which you will have to upload to ArriveCan in order to board. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

You have to remember that it's not only Carnival that will determine whether testing will have to be done, but also the countries that Carnival sails to. Bermuda and Canada for example will require testing until the end of the year, and possibly beyond. 😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KendallGator said:

We cruise on Saturday and have PCR tests scheduled with CVS Wednesday morning. If we do not have our results by Friday or Saturday morning, what are our options? Does Carnival have rapid tests for situations like this?

Where are you cruising out of?  I would have a back up plan

Yahoo News has a report in The Street that talks about CDC lifting Covid restrictions. In the article it says "Cruise lines like Carnival  (CCL) - Get Carnival Corporation Report now are able to board passengers without covid tests, which will not only speed up the boarding process, but also give a sigh of relief for travelers."  I think the article means Carnival could now do away with the pre-cruise testing with CDC restrictions dropped. Not that Carnival has done away with the pre-cruise testing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KimPossible1 said:

The Optum store has proctored tests and they can do expedited shipping.  I have received mine in 3 days with regular shipping, but they do offer expedited shipping.

They have 2 packs and 3 packs

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-emed-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

Easy and best way. No traveling and you do it from the comfort of your own home. 

2 hours ago, Djptcp said:

Yahoo News has a report in The Street that talks about CDC lifting Covid restrictions. In the article it says "Cruise lines like Carnival  (CCL) - Get Carnival Corporation Report now are able to board passengers without covid tests, which will not only speed up the boarding process, but also give a sigh of relief for travelers."  I think the article means Carnival could now do away with the pre-cruise testing with CDC restrictions dropped. Not that Carnival has done away with the pre-cruise testing.

I just ead that a few minutes ago and came here to see if anything was posted. The way I read it, the story does make it sound like they have already lifted the testing restriction.

6 hours ago, KendallGator said:

We cruise on Saturday and have PCR tests scheduled with CVS Wednesday morning. If we do not have our results by Friday or Saturday morning, what are our options? Does Carnival have rapid tests for situations like this?

Sailed in January 2022 and used CVS.  Took test Thursday at 10A for Saturday sailing.  Results never appeared to 9P so if Carnival didn't have testing at port we would not have made our cruise.  Had to pay Carnival $100 for testing at pier in Miami.  What a nightmare!   For piece of mind I would pay for a rapid test if you can get it.  Cruising again Oct. 1 so I hope this nonsense goes away by then.

15 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We are also on this cruise and it is an 8 day cruise to New England/Canada. Canada requires a negative Covid test which you will have to upload to ArriveCan in order to board. 😎

I wasn’t aware that the ArriveCAN form required a recent Covid test, just vax info???

Edited by rjrpar

Pardon my ignorance/confusion... but I see some of you mentioning PCR tests and others Rapid Tests. Would either/or suffice?

My two kiddos and I are sailing on Sept 24th out of Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera. 

Edited by itsAstrid

On 7/24/2022 at 3:32 PM, Morebeer said:

May I have the link on MSN please. I can't find what you are talking about.