****CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #3 -‐- JULY 21, 2022***

Host Carolyn

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Sorry, I missed it.  My interpretation is that the protocols are current for sailings through the end of the year, but they can change at any time - even for those that changed today.  

That's how I read it too. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:35 AM, Ihearttravel11 said:

After I completed my information, I just went back and completed information for the other 2 in my party - starting over from the link given. We all got different codes, so it worked out just fine!
The code is very important. It is what you give the virtual PA when you take your test so that they can register it with the HealthTrackRX page. You use the code and birthdate and other information to get your results. I believe they are also emailed and/or texted to you.

When did you get the ZOOM link? I am starting to do it and I am getting the emails with the separate confirmation code for each family member, but no Zoom link 😞

ACH never mind. **facepalm**   Jumped the gun as usual. For those like me who are getting flustered -- the Zoom link was sent with the original appointment email (NOT with the health registration confirmation). When I click on it, it confirms my test is scheduled for the correct date.    

Carry on...   Just a few more days until I'm on board... 

Edited by CorrieCJ
  • Like 2

I got email from Carnival for my 4 day cruise starting Aug 11 cruise to Bermuda from NY that COVID testing is not required. However, it will vary by port you are visiting and as Bermuda wants a test, we will need a test....Duh

https://view.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/?qs=eb84ff01fd65a9c4c320c21a71ed1bbfe2f271452c0c1d347bf222e615124bbd25c960079f17986d5523bedd7563e59fd89199fe5d81503a4771574ecca3dd786d6413da12fa15da

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nplives said:

I got email from Carnival for my 4 day cruise starting Aug 11 cruise to Bermuda from NY that COVID testing is not required. However, it will vary by port you are visiting and as Bermuda wants a test, we will need a test....Duh

https://view.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/?qs=eb84ff01fd65a9c4c320c21a71ed1bbfe2f271452c0c1d347bf222e615124bbd25c960079f17986d5523bedd7563e59fd89199fe5d81503a4771574ecca3dd786d6413da12fa15da

So, are you getting tested? We're also on the Aug 11 sailing and wondering what to do.... I'm thinking of just not disembarking in Bermuda to avoid the whole thing.

24 minutes ago, flyerfan22 said:

So, are you getting tested? We're also on the Aug 11 sailing and wondering what to do.... I'm thinking of just not disembarking in Bermuda to avoid the whole thing.

Be careful they could deny you boarding  if the cruise goes to Bermuda and you don't test. What a PIA this whole thing is. 

Did anyone else notice that the test requirement for 6 days or less for the Bahamas was missing from the initial communication last week but now it’s saying that Bahamas cruises regardless of length still require negative Covid test results? This has been so very confusing. 

On 7/30/2022 at 2:20 AM, Valentina84 said:

Oh my goodness. No testing required for our august 15 cruise from Charleston. I just bought $150 worth of emed Covid tests online for rhis cruise hours before this announcement 😂😂

umm refund please 

Keep your tests. Carnival just added Bahamas to the list of where you still have to test.

2 hours ago, beeblay said:

Did anyone else notice that the test requirement for 6 days or less for the Bahamas was missing from the initial communication last week but now it’s saying that Bahamas cruises regardless of length still require negative Covid test results? This has been so very confusing. 

I just happened to jump online during a break at work and noticed that the rules had just changed for Bahamas itineraries (we leave for a 4 day this Thursday 8/4 and had already canceled our tests that were originally scheduled for yesterday).  Now trying to get everyone in our party scheduled for a rapid test before we hit the road at 5:30am on Thursday morning.  The way I look at it, it will just make us appreciate this trip that much more LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisekel1 said:

Keep your tests. Carnival just added Bahamas to the list of where you still have to test.

Can't imagine what the confusion in line is going to be like for our Bahamas cruise on Thursday as I would not be surprised if some people don't get the message between now and then, as I haven't received an email, just happened to see it randomly online while checking out the carnival website a few minutes ago.

Hi, I haven't cruised since 2019, and having read this or that about covid and testing and QR codes, and letters from so and so, this is all a huge pain in the A S !!  And if weren't for the fact that i got a killer deal on my cruise, I would just wait things out even more.  Now that the venting is done.... Can someone extremely knowledgeable on all this please do a point by point list of each and everything that must be done please....

ex.

1. do this

2. do that

3. then do this

4. now do this    etc................................  Thanks, this will make things more clear in order, for me anyway! 

13 minutes ago, southbayer said:

Hi, I haven't cruised since 2019, and having read this or that about covid and testing and QR codes, and letters from so and so, this is all a huge pain in the A S !!  And if weren't for the fact that i got a killer deal on my cruise, I would just wait things out even more.  Now that the venting is done.... Can someone extremely knowledgeable on all this please do a point by point list of each and everything that must be done please....

ex.

1. do this

2. do that

3. then do this

4. now do this    etc................................  Thanks, this will make things more clear in order, for me anyway! 

"Signs, signs, everywhere there are signs...."  :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Just received this a few minutes ago, right after I completed my drive-thru test at Walgreens...

August 3, 2022

Dear Carnival Guest,

While we have previously communicated our plans to no longer require pre-cruise COVID testing for fully vaccinated guests on itineraries 5 days or shorter, this policy is subject to local destination requirements. Since the resumption of cruising, The Bahamas has required pre-cruise testing for all guests on ships calling in The Bahamas, regardless of itinerary length or a guest’s vaccination status. While we are hopeful that the Bahamas will continue to evolve its policies, pre-cruise testing requirements remain in effect. 

Therefore, in order to comply with destination requirements in The Bahamas, all guests (irrespective of vaccination status), age 2 and older, must provide proof of a negative PCR or antigen COVID test taken within three (3) days prior to embarkation.

Please make every attempt to get tested prior to arrival at the cruise terminal. Considering you will be departing for your cruise shortly, in the event you are unable to get the test done ahead of time, we have made arrangements for a limited number of tests to be taken at the pier for a reduced fee of US$30, per person, to be applied to your Sail & Sign account. Testing availability may be limited for each specific port, so you are strongly encouraged to complete the testing before your arrival.

CARNIVAL ELATION AUGUST 4, 2022, ONLY
If you are unable to get a test done externally, you may pre-register for a “in-car/drive through” test here. Testing will be conducted at the pier from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM and pre-registration is mandatory.

We look forward to welcoming you on board your Carnival cruise vacation shortly.

Sincerely,

07a77fa4-70d2-4db5-aa5b-304088462675.jpg
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

2 hours ago, carolinablue704 said:

Just received this a few minutes ago, right after I completed my drive-thru test at Walgreens...

August 3, 2022

Dear Carnival Guest,

While we have previously communicated our plans to no longer require pre-cruise COVID testing for fully vaccinated guests on itineraries 5 days or shorter, this policy is subject to local destination requirements. Since the resumption of cruising, The Bahamas has required pre-cruise testing for all guests on ships calling in The Bahamas, regardless of itinerary length or a guest’s vaccination status. While we are hopeful that the Bahamas will continue to evolve its policies, pre-cruise testing requirements remain in effect. 

Therefore, in order to comply with destination requirements in The Bahamas, all guests (irrespective of vaccination status), age 2 and older, must provide proof of a negative PCR or antigen COVID test taken within three (3) days prior to embarkation.

Please make every attempt to get tested prior to arrival at the cruise terminal. Considering you will be departing for your cruise shortly, in the event you are unable to get the test done ahead of time, we have made arrangements for a limited number of tests to be taken at the pier for a reduced fee of US$30, per person, to be applied to your Sail & Sign account. Testing availability may be limited for each specific port, so you are strongly encouraged to complete the testing before your arrival.

CARNIVAL ELATION AUGUST 4, 2022, ONLY
If you are unable to get a test done externally, you may pre-register for a “in-car/drive through” test here. Testing will be conducted at the pier from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM and pre-registration is mandatory.

We look forward to welcoming you on board your Carnival cruise vacation shortly.

Sincerely,

07a77fa4-70d2-4db5-aa5b-304088462675.jpg
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

I don't understand what is going on here at all. Carnival seems to be the only cruise line making this claim that the Bahamas require testing.  Virgin Voyages and Margaritaville At Sea don't state this requirement on their website.  If you go to the Bahamas website, they don't indicate a different set of rules for cruise ships.  They say vaccinated traveler DO NOT have to be tested, but there is no mention that cruise passengers are to be treated differently.  So I don't know what's going on.

If anybody can link to a credible source, other than Carnival, that would confirm Carnival's policy I would appreciate it.  

Edited by ghjcmo

Since Walgreens has added wording to their site something to the effect that “you may incur a charge,” has anyone tested at Walgreens and been charged? We are over 65 and on Medicare. I have tried to search whether Medicare is continuing to pay for covid testing. Have not found anything definitive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cellfree said:

Since Walgreens has added wording to their site something to the effect that “you may incur a charge,” has anyone tested at Walgreens and been charged? We are over 65 and on Medicare. I have tried to search whether Medicare is continuing to pay for covid testing. Have not found anything definitive. 

I think if you do not mention travel as the reason for your testing, it will be covered.  Testing for travel is no longer covered by Medicare. 

1 hour ago, rjrpar said:

I think if you do not mention travel as the reason for your testing, it will be covered.  Testing for travel is no longer covered by Medicare. 

IO have Humana the supliment. They cover as many testings as I want. I always indicating for travel and no problems. Last test was 4 weeks ago for our cruise on the liberty.