****CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #3 -‐- JULY 21, 2022***

Host Carolyn

16 hours ago, ThaNectar said:

Question about unvax'd.

I understand if you are unvax'd... that u have to present  a negative  test taken  3 days or less prior to sailing. 

Does this test have to be proctored?

Or just present a negative test?,

TIA

Any home / self administered test has to be proctored and certified as such.  

• Like 1

I just saw a youtube about someone getting scammed by onpoint testing and they didn't get the service so they ended up at CVS.  So now that it not an option which was cheaper.  Insurance does not cover testing for travel so that is $$$ out of our pockets.  I just think it's ridiculous to even test for vaccinated guest for a 6 day cruise leaving 9/4 when the testing guidelines change on 9/6.  There is no rhyme or reason to choose a random date of 9/6 to make a switch knowing full well that you have all these cruises heading out labor day weekend for their 6 or 7 day cruise.  

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 8:36 AM, boogity said:

I just saw a youtube about someone getting scammed by onpoint testing and they didn't get the service so they ended up at CVS.  So now that it not an option which was cheaper.  Insurance does not cover testing for travel so that is $$$ out of our pockets.  I just think it's ridiculous to even test for vaccinated guest for a 6 day cruise leaving 9/4 when the testing guidelines change on 9/6.  There is no rhyme or reason to choose a random date of 9/6 to make a switch knowing full well that you have all these cruises heading out labor day weekend for their 6 or 7 day cruise.  

Why do you say it's not an option? One person can claim being scammed,  when it may have been a schedule mistake, or a problem on their side. Many of us, including myself, have used Onpoint with no issues at all (family of three handled easily in 15 min).. no reason to call it a scam. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, madcat207 said:

Why do you say it's not an option? One person can claim being scammed,  when it may have been a schedule mistake, or a problem on their side. Many of us, including myself, have used Onpoint with no issues at all (family of three handled easily in 15 min).. no reason to call it a scam. 

I really think nothing is changing for cruises that are fully booked. I have also heard of problems with Onpoint so we are booking a test in London.

A quick question about people who have had COVID recently. It's says on carnival website that you need a document of recovery. Any ideas what this is. In Australia you get a text advising you of a positive PCR result and when you can leave quarantine. Is that sufficient does anyone know. You don't need to go to the doctors for a medical clearance 

5 hours ago, aussiepom1 said:

A quick question about people who have had COVID recently. It's says on carnival website that you need a document of recovery. Any ideas what this is. In Australia you get a text advising you of a positive PCR result and when you can leave quarantine. Is that sufficient does anyone know. You don't need to go to the doctors for a medical clearance 

The current requirements don't say anything about providing proof of recovery.  Just about all guests testing prior to cruising.  Check the have fun be safe link 

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

Edited by Janet&Carl

There's a passage down the bottom of to the page of the carnival COVID link.  See below. It looks like simply   having a recent positive is enough but I just want to make sure the documentation I have is sufficient to NOT need a rest              

DOCUMENT OF RECOVERY**

Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within 3 months of their sailing date do not need the required pre-cruise test if they are at least 10 days past their positive test result date, have no symptoms and produce document of recovery from COVID-19. A Document of Recovery is accepted from both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated guests (with a Carnival-approved exemption) and consists of a paper or electronic copy of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory (dated no more than 90 days prior to the sailing date).

• Like 1

I can't find this posted and a little confused, want to make sure. We have a 5 day cruise, but it's actually 5 nights. Verify says all set to go, not giving me the testing link anymore. So I guess when carnival says 5 days it means 5 nights???

Thanks for any info. 

On 8/16/2022 at 8:36 AM, boogity said:

It wasn't a "scam", their test was rescheduled and they missed their new time.  They also scheduled their test the day before they were leaving (not enough time in case of problems), however they had a backup test already scheduled with another service, WHICH IS WHAT EVERYONE SHOULD DO if we have to rely on a test to get onboard.  As far as being refunded, only about $16.00, maybe they need to give it some more time for the refund process/complaint to be escalated.

Edited by mickeychicky

OK, I specifically spoke to my PVP and asked her if I need to provide a NEGATIVE COVID TEST before I board the ship...she said YES UNLESS it is 5 days or shorter cruise...I went into Carnival website and read the following...."Vaccinated guests must continue to provide evidence of their vaccination status prior to embarkation. Pre-cruise testing is no longer required, except for cruises to Canada, Bermuda, Greece and Australia (per local guidelines), and on voyages 16 nights or longer."  I don't understand....can someone confirm if I need to have a covid test before boarding a CARNIVAL CRUISE ship...

Edited by abby1257

Grand Cayman just dropped all covid rules.

Effective August 24, 2022, all travelers—vaccinated and unvaccinated—are permitted to enter the Cayman Islands without the need of any additional documents or health-related steps due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Travelers are NOT required to:

• Apply for a Travel Declaration or Travel Request via Travel Cayman
  • Present a negative COVID-19 test
  • Show proof of vaccination
  • Wear masks
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

OK, I specifically spoke to my PVP and asked her if I need to provide a NEGATIVE COVID TEST before I board the ship...she said YES UNLESS it is 5 days or shorter cruise...I went into Carnival website and read the following...."Vaccinated guests must continue to provide evidence of their vaccination status prior to embarkation. Pre-cruise testing is no longer required, except for cruises to Canada, Bermuda, Greece and Australia (per local guidelines), and on voyages 16 nights or longer."  I don't understand....can someone confirm if I need to have a covid test before boarding a CARNIVAL CRUISE ship...

The verbiage is a bit confusing on the Carnival site.  If your cruise starts before Sept 6, read the info below:

PROTOCOLS FOR CRUISES DEPARTING THROUGH SEPTEMBER 5, 2022

26 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

The verbiage is a bit confusing on the Carnival site.  If your cruise starts before Sept 6, read the info below:

See that's what I'm so confused about. We sail Sept 5. I'm vax'd and boosted. My son and DIL are only vaxxed. So do we or don't we get tested? Going to the Bahamas

5 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

We will continue to operate vaccinated cruises with our enhanced protocols. All our operations will follow these guidelines so we can maintain the confidence of the destinations we visit and deliver on our itineraries and guest experience. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will adjust our protocols based on the advice of our medical and public health advisors.

Below are the measures currently planned for our vaccinated cruises. Guests sailing from Australia, please visit the Australia Have Fun. Be Safe. page for protocols specific to those cruises.

booking-icon.ashx

BOOKING

All guests should carefully review pre-booking and pre-travel health advice on our website.

PRE-BOARDING INFORMATION: In order to manage our vaccinated sailings, it is very important for all guests to complete their pre-cruise vaccine attestation. Guests are asked to update their profile on Carnival.com with their current contact information as we will be communicating through a series of emails. Please read all our correspondence and complete all requests for pre-boarding information on a timely basis.

vaccine.ashx

VACCINATION & TESTING STANDARDS

FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS

VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS

Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the sailing day (not counting embarkation day) and have proof of vaccination.

While the CDC has strongly recommended that individuals obtain a COVID-19 booster vaccination, when eligible, for the purposes of Carnival's protocols, the definition of “fully vaccinated” does not generally include reference to a booster except when explicitly stated. Boosters may be required for specific voyages based on duration or destination requirements.

The following voyages require guests, age 12 and older, to be fully vaccinated. In addition, all guests, age 18 and older, who are more than 6 months past the last dose of their initial vaccine series must be boosted (if eligible) in order to sail:

• Carnival Pride® and Carnival Celebration Europe - All 2022 departures
  • Carnival Splendor® 23-day Carnival Journey (Transpacific) - September 6, 2022
  • Carnival Spirit® 16-day Carnival Journey (Panama Canal) - September 20, 2022

Guests must present an original vaccination record issued by the country's health authority (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email), and a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable. Copies or photos are not accepted.

• The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest's travel documents.
  • The vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date (not including embarkation day). Vaccine type, dates administered, and lot numbers must be clearly visible. When required, booster dose must also be reflected on vaccination records.

We recommend guests have the contact information of the healthcare provider or clinic site that issued the certificate, in order to validate the vaccination record, if needed. A vaccination registry site may also be used.

TESTING REQUIREMENTS (UPDATED 8/05/22)

CRUISES 5 DAYS OR LESS

Except for sailings visiting Bermuda (see below), there will be no pre-cruise testing for fully vaccinated guests booked on cruises with itineraries 5 days or less.

• Due to destination requirements, ALL guests on itineraries that include Bermuda must complete a pre-cruise test, irrespective of the length of the cruise.
  • To comply with destination regulations, guests may take either a PCR or an antigen test within the timelines specified below:
    • A PCR test within 72 hours prior to sailing (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday).
    • An antigen test no earlier than two days prior to sailing (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Thursday).
Edited by ninjacat123
I added the yellow highlighting and underlining

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We will continue to operate vaccinated cruises with our enhanced protocols. All our operations will follow these guidelines so we can maintain the confidence of the destinations we visit and deliver on our itineraries and guest experience. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will adjust our protocols based on the advice of our medical and public health advisors.

Below are the measures currently planned for our vaccinated cruises. Guests sailing from Australia, please visit the Australia Have Fun. Be Safe. page for protocols specific to those cruises.

booking-icon.ashx

BOOKING

All guests should carefully review pre-booking and pre-travel health advice on our website.

PRE-BOARDING INFORMATION: In order to manage our vaccinated sailings, it is very important for all guests to complete their pre-cruise vaccine attestation. Guests are asked to update their profile on Carnival.com with their current contact information as we will be communicating through a series of emails. Please read all our correspondence and complete all requests for pre-boarding information on a timely basis.

vaccine.ashx

VACCINATION & TESTING STANDARDS

FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS

VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS

Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the sailing day (not counting embarkation day) and have proof of vaccination.

While the CDC has strongly recommended that individuals obtain a COVID-19 booster vaccination, when eligible, for the purposes of Carnival's protocols, the definition of “fully vaccinated” does not generally include reference to a booster except when explicitly stated. Boosters may be required for specific voyages based on duration or destination requirements.

The following voyages require guests, age 12 and older, to be fully vaccinated. In addition, all guests, age 18 and older, who are more than 6 months past the last dose of their initial vaccine series must be boosted (if eligible) in order to sail:

• Carnival Pride® and Carnival Celebration Europe - All 2022 departures
  • Carnival Splendor® 23-day Carnival Journey (Transpacific) - September 6, 2022
  • Carnival Spirit® 16-day Carnival Journey (Panama Canal) - September 20, 2022

Guests must present an original vaccination record issued by the country's health authority (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email), and a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable. Copies or photos are not accepted.

• The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest's travel documents.
  • The vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date (not including embarkation day). Vaccine type, dates administered, and lot numbers must be clearly visible. When required, booster dose must also be reflected on vaccination records.

We recommend guests have the contact information of the healthcare provider or clinic site that issued the certificate, in order to validate the vaccination record, if needed. A vaccination registry site may also be used.

TESTING REQUIREMENTS (UPDATED 8/05/22)

CRUISES 5 DAYS OR LESS

Except for sailings visiting Bermuda (see below), there will be no pre-cruise testing for fully vaccinated guests booked on cruises with itineraries 5 days or less.

• Due to destination requirements, ALL guests on itineraries that include Bermuda must complete a pre-cruise test, irrespective of the length of the cruise.
  • To comply with destination regulations, guests may take either a PCR or an antigen test within the timelines specified below:
    • A PCR test within 72 hours prior to sailing (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday).
    • An antigen test no earlier than two days prior to sailing (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Thursday).

So if I'm reading this correctly we DO NOT have to get tested? We leave Sept 5 for 5 days in the Bahamas

• Like 2

• Host Carolyn locked, unpinned, unlocked and pinned this topic

https://cruiseradio.net/royal-caribbean-celebrity-cruises-drop-vaccine-requirement/

Requirements for Royal Caribbean: 

Here are the specific requirements for Royal Caribbean:: 

Unvaccinated guests can cruise with negative results from any commercially-available test, including self-tests. 

No testing is required for vaccinated guests sailing on cruises that are nine nights or less. 

For all sailings, guests ages 5 and younger have no vaccine or testing requirements. 

On 10+ night cruises, all passengers — vaccinated or not — must provide a negative test within three days of their sailing date.

Due to local regulations, sailings to or from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, and Singapore still require that guests be vaccinated.

The following protocols from Celebrity Cruises apply to voyages sailing from United States and European ports. 

Fully-vaccinated guests no longer need to test to board cruises from the U.S. that are nine nights or shorter (excluding cruises that visit Canada and Bermuda). 

A negative test result from a simple, unsupervised and self-administered test will be accepted for all sailings (excluding voyages that visit Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Greece, or New Zealand). 

Kids under 5 sailing from the U.S. and kids under 12 sailing from Europe do not need to test prior to boarding. 

Sailings to and from ports in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand require that all guests 12 and older continue to be fully vaccinated in keeping with country requirements. Galapagos cruises require that passengers ages 3 and older be vaccinated.

Edited by JT1962

• JT1962 changed the title to How Quickly Will Carnival Follow Royal / Celebrity Updated Covid Requirements?
22 minutes ago, Buck64 said:

Looks like Royal followed Carnival.  Carnival announced similar requirements last week or a couple weeks ago.

I thought Carnival was requiring testing still for any cruises over 6 days? Have they changed to anything of 9 days or less for no test for vaccinated and from all US & European ports on itineraries other than Canada / Bermuda?

6 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I thought Carnival was requiring testing still for any cruises over 6 days? Have they changed to anything of 9 days or less for no test for vaccinated and from all US & European ports on itineraries other than Canada / Bermuda?

Carnival made the cutoff at 15 days or less for no tests for vaccinated guests.

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122

Yep my 14 day carnival dream no test required.

My 10 day rcl radiance still requires a test. Anything 10 days and longer. 

Yes when when rcl follow carnival .. except maybe I dont really have to test? People are confused by the self testing lol. Very confusing. Doesnt say proctored.