****CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #3 -‐- JULY 21, 2022***

Host Carolyn

We booked on Aug 20, 4 days before the latest ‘update’ and were told by our PVP that we were required to purchase travel insurance so we did.  Now it’s not required.  Has anyone purchased and then canceled Carnival’s travel insurance.   Cruise is in October so paid in full when booked if that makes any difference. 

on point experience? We are doing NE/Canada. Fully vaxxed/boosted. Will be flying on testing day, but should have time early  before leaving home. No where on there website does it explain the type of video connection needed. Do they provide a link? Doable by phone?

I'm back from a Carnival Magic cruise to Bermuda. I did Onpoint testing 2 days before the cruise. They send a zoom link and you could use a cell phone or any other device. The tester was on time, pleasant, and efficient. They send a confirmation of results by email.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, helencw said:

I'm back from a Carnival Magic cruise to Bermuda. I did Onpoint testing 2 days before the cruise. They send a zoom link and you could use a cell phone or any other device. The tester was on time, pleasant, and efficient. They send a confirmation of results by email.

Great to know, ty, we go to Bermuda next month. 

18 minutes ago, otgracing17 said:

Is fully vaccinated considered your first vaccine or fully boosted also? In example; I have the Johnson and Johnson one shot vaccine. The way I read Carnivals rules I would be considered fully vaccinated but not boosted. I just need the clarification. Thanks

Yes, that one shot of J&J would make you fully vaccinated.  The CDC and, I think, Carnival use "up to date" for those who are eligible who have had at least one booster.

On 9/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, helencw said:

I'm doing this same cruise Sat 9/24.  So it's ok to have antigen test Thursday afternoon?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ETski said:

The more I read the more I am confused.

We are vaccinated and doing a 14 day Cruise. Not going to Bermuda or Canada. So as of September 17 do we need to pretest? 

Per Carnival’s website, Vaccinated guests (with proof of vaccination) – are not required to take a pre cruise test except on cruises of 16 nights or longer or when required by a destination.

• Like 1

I'm positive that this question has already been answered, but don't really want to dig through 11 pages of responses. Sailing October 3rd, two adults two kids. One kid 3 years of age one kid 14 years of age. Everyone is fully vaccinated except for 3 year old. No boosters. Can anyone tell me if any of us need to test. And when. A lot of changes happening and just want to be sure

Edited by Dwright826

19 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

4 day to ensenada and Catalina. I've read the protocols but was unclear. So if I'm right, no one has to test? Cause all it says is 5 or older. Am I safe to assume that because it says 5 or older, my 3 year old doesn't need to test?

Been trying to talk to cs. Useless 

On 9/21/2022 at 1:00 PM, Dwright826 said:

4 day to ensenada and Catalina. I've read the protocols but was unclear. So if I'm right, no one has to test? Cause all it says is 5 or older. Am I safe to assume that because it says 5 or older, my 3 year old doesn't need to test?

Getting kinda close to sailing date. I don't mean to pester but can anyone help me out here?

On 9/3/2022 at 4:21 PM, ober134 said:

on point experience? We are doing NE/Canada. Fully vaxxed/boosted. Will be flying on testing day, but should have time early  before leaving home. No where on there website does it explain the type of video connection needed. Do they provide a link? Doable by phone?

Looks like you're in luck, and Canada lifted their requirements!

BUT, we are scheduled for OnPoint for our Oct. 9 Bermuda cruise.  Paid online, then brought me to scheduling page, selected date and time, and received email with Zoom link.  Can do by phone so long as video capabilities. 

16 nights or longer.

Is that a single sailing?  Or does it mean that if you're on a B2B that is 16 nights or longer that you have to test prior to boarding the first leg?

On a B2B2B (total of 32 nights).  Was planning on testing in Rome prior to boarding because the first leg was going to Greece.  That has been dropped but now we're not sure whether we still have to test or not.  And if we do, can we do the non-proctored self-test?

Maybe I didn't need to spend $99 to order 3 BinaxNow tests that just arrived last week.

On 7/21/2022 at 10:45 AM, Host Carolyn said:

Will be locking thread #2 on this topic. 

All NEW threads re Covid testing and related topics will be moved to this thread

Just saw this while applying for Bermuda travel pass. Wonder if the cruiselines will also not require?

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

All travellers arriving October 25 2022 onwards will no longer require a pre-travel test, arrival test nor a day 4 test. Unvaccinated non-resident travellers will still be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda.

Good news regarding NCL testing.

By the way, for our upcoming Carnival cruise: BERMUDA changed the information regarding their Travel pass. On an earlier post, I cut/pasted "arriving" October 25. The next day they changed it to travel "starting" the 25th. Leaves one very confused.

Edited by CruiseToSmile
clarification

On 10/2/2022 at 12:39 PM, CruiseToSmile said:

Just saw this while applying for Bermuda travel pass. Wonder if the cruiselines will also not require?

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

All travellers arriving October 25 2022 onwards will no longer require a pre-travel test, arrival test nor a day 4 test. Unvaccinated non-resident travellers will still be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda.

I was excited to read this also but Carnivals site still says necessary - do we think that is so?

I emailed PVP but haven’t heard back yet. 

Edited by cellfree

Called PVP just now and she transferred me to a Carnival Supervisor because I was the fourth person who was asking her the same question, and she said that Carnival has not received the Bermuda updates yet, it is so clear on the Bermuda website, cannot someone in the Carnival hierarcy read that and contact Bermuda and get the website updated. Some days it feels like we are going "one step forward and two steps back." My grumble of the day! So again it's wait and see.