Princess cancelled our airfare- help

Slyfox16

Call Princess back immediately and ask for EzAir, not a regular booking agent.  Then ask for the supervisor.  Do not hang up until they can give you an answer and/or a new flight.  If they can’t or won’t help, call the airline.  Also, check on the airline website to see if those flights are still available to book.  Since you did not cancel yourself, then you should not be charged a cancellation fee.  Please keep trying to get this resolved with Princess, even if it means sitting on hold for ages.  I wish you had a CVP at Princess who could take care of this for you.  Let us know how you make out.  Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skynight said:

This may be a silly question. Does it show cancelled on the airline site? Maybe the airline can inform you who cancelled the flight.

Not silly. My October EZ air flight was cancelled & I noticed it first on the air Canada app. It was a full day before airline rebooked me on an earlier flight and then sent me an email. Next day Princess personalizer was updated with my new flight.

I did not contact anyone.

OP- you should check airline site & call Princess to speak to EZ air, since you got a cancellation fee notice. You did not cancel so no fee should be charged.

Thanks for the comments. I did speak to a supervisor in customer solutions, but she could not do anything, and EZ air is closed for the day. I emailed our CVP, but she won't see it until tomorrow. Checking with Delta to see if they can tell me anything is a good idea, and  I will do that now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

Thanks for the comments. I did speak to a supervisor in customer solutions, but she could not do anything, and EZ air is closed for the day. I emailed our CVP, but she won't see it until tomorrow. Checking with Delta to see if they can tell me anything is a good idea, and  I will do that now.

Delta will be able to tell you who cancelled it and when.  Was it ever ticketed by EZAIR?  Did it cancel because they didn’t ticket it?  
Do is still show on the Delta website? Fo you see ticket numbers?  It would also show on your travel summary if it was ticketed.

Or, was it cancelled due to a delta schedule change?

23 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

The Princess rep had said that it was ticketed today. Then she was looking further and that it when she said that it was canceled.

Sounds fishy.  Ticketed today, because someone forgot to ticket it?  They missed the ticketing deadline?  
You need EZAIR to straighten this out tmrw. You could call your CVP first thing in the morning to fix this. Your original ticket price should hold.

Does your flight still operate?  Is it still shown on the Delta website as you have it confirmed?  If you see yiur flight on the Delta website it may have a new booking number and also put your seat selection back in, if they Disappeared too.

This is all good jnfo to give your CVP tomorrow.  Good luck.  Let us know how it turns out.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Hindsight is 20-20 and "I told you so" will not help you but this is is an example of why having a good aggressive TA who is on your side and not working for the cruise company helps.  You are not going to like this suggestion but Sept 2 is not far off and the airline industry is totally bonkers and you are way past the no fee cruise cancellation time so you might think of getting backup airline reservations just in case.  

Keep us posted.

DON

46 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Hindsight is 20-20 and "I told you so" will not help you but this is is an example of why having a good aggressive TA who is on your side and not working for the cruise company helps.  You are not going to like this suggestion but Sept 2 is not far off and the airline industry is totally bonkers and you are way past the no fee cruise cancellation time so you might think of getting backup airline reservations just in case.  

Keep us posted.

DON

Agree with you on this one Don but, I know many on this site won’t.

I need my TA not an employee of the cruise line that can and will fight for me the moment something goes wrong (which really isn’t that often). I don’t want or need a TA to have a conflict of interest over an issue like this.

Also agree this doesn’t help OP at this moment either and wish them the best tomorrow as all the Princess departments show up to work and try to figure out how to make this right.

Cheers,

John

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Hindsight is 20-20 and "I told you so" will not help you but…

I see your hindsight and raise it. This is why I never have and never will use EZ Air. No marginal cost savings can ever be worth the peace of mind of me being in complete control of my flight arrangements, seat selections, luggage allowance, etc. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Slyfox16 said:

The Princess rep had said that it was ticketed today. Then she was looking further and that it when she said that it was canceled.

September 2/22— flight cancelled by Airline or Princess EZAir—- you are not responsible for any cancellation fees. 

go through your TA- who booked you, first

if no help

call Princess- EZ air to rebook you

If you start meddling with buying another flight through airline then that is your loss, at this point.

6am on west coast/ 9am on East coast,

I find is the best time to call Princess.

Hi. Try the intransit phone # 1 (800) 545-0008. That's the direct number I was given to call in case I had any issues

Anyway, see you onboard

@JimmyVWinei use EZAIR and I'm always in control of my seat selections, luggage allowance, and as much control of my flight arrangements as when I use E×××××a for land based trips. Unless I want my CVP to take over.

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

i use EZAIR and I'm always in control of my seat selections, luggage allowance, and as much control of my flight arrangements as when I use E×××××a for land based trips. Unless I want my CVP to take over.

The situation described by the OP could never happen if the flight arrangements had been made independently.  Indeed, every single thread on this board that addresses a snafu with EZ Air  would be obviated if flight arrangements were made independently.  Booking one's own air travel is so easy that it makes no sense to sit on hold and wait for assistance from EZAir and then hope that they get it right.  Indeed, there isn't a single thing that EZ Air provides that independent booking does not.  Why add an extra layer of complexity when there is absolutely no upside? 

13 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

The situation described by the OP could never happen if the flight arrangements had been made independently.  Indeed, every single thread on this board that addresses a snafu with EZ Air  would be obviated if flight arrangements were made independently.  Booking one's own air travel is so easy that it makes no sense to sit on hold and wait for assistance from EZAir and then hope that they get it right.  Indeed, there isn't a single thing that EZ Air provides that independent booking does not.  Why add an extra layer of complexity when there is absolutely no upside? 

I think over the past two years with all of the cancelations people got comfortable with EZAir being joined with their cruise so they wouldn't have to worry about change fees and other airline cancelation penalties.  I remember some airlines in the news being particularly difficult if the airline itself didn't cancel the flight, or even when it did, trying to give vouchers instead of refunds.  That being said, we are past that time where it is helpful.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

it makes no sense to sit on hold and wait for assistance from EZAir and then hope that they get it right.  

Which is why I gave him the direct #

16 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Maybe because you don't have to pay until final payment.  This way you can change flights or rebook if prices go down.

Valid point.  I always seem to change / lower price right up to the 45 days out

16 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

... some airlines in the news being particularly difficult if the airline itself didn't cancel the flight, or even when it did, trying to give vouchers instead of refunds.  ...

👍 Lufthansa canceled all their flights last Monday. If booked with EZAIR then 1 (800) 545-0008 is responsible for getting the cruiser rebooked. Not call general # to be transferred to customer service to be transferred to supervisor to get to EZAIR to be transferred to 1 (800) 545-0008. Just call them 1st 

======================////

Mr @JimmyVWineI'm glad we have both found something that works for us. There's more than 1 way to reach the objective 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just screenshot alternatives for if / when Virgin Atlantic cancels my flight (yes, I'm in one of the 4 cities that Virgin is canceling on a rotating basis to meet Heathrow's requirement that all combined airlines need to cut 4k passengers per day until January 2023 and my flight code #20 is the one they seem to pick). The screen looks a little different when looking for alternatives. Then rechecked bill / VS app / website. Whew!! 

@Slyfox16did 1 (800) 545-0008 work? MM gave me the # which is different from my old history (the one MR had me save --- but I always went to her anyway)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Maybe because you don't have to pay until final payment.  This way you can change flights or rebook if prices go down.

When we were booking Alaska our TA told us if we booked the air through Princess we would have to pay the airfare up front.  Is that NOT the case?

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

...  Indeed, there isn't a single thing that EZ Air provides that independent booking does not.  ...

Really? Where can I get the following using independent booking?

• Letting you book without having to pay until final payment.
  • Changes with no change fees until 45 days before departure (admittedly this isn't as big of a deal as it once was with most airlines dropping those fees, for now).
  • Missed departure protection - getting you to the next port (if legal of course).
  • Significantly lower air fares on international flights.
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Senga said:

When we were booking Alaska our TA told us if we booked the air through Princess we would have to pay the airfare up front.  Is that NOT the case?

It depends. If you book a Restricted Fare, yes, you must pay up front. Flexible Fares are not due until final cruise payment. Most of the time one sees Flexible Fares cheaper than Restricted Fares so it's a no-brainer. There are exceptions however.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Senga said:

You follow the TA rules. I follow CVP rules

1 minute ago, beg3yrs said:

Significantly lower air fares on international flights.

I'm not as wealthy as others on this board so getting NS SFO -> LHR for $444 instead of several hundred more is important to me. Switched 4× until I found that nonstop. 

• Like 6

We started using EZair after our arrival to LA was so delayed that we missed our independently booked flight (yes, I had allowed a reasonable cushion but we were about 7 hours late) and had a big hassle with the airline rebooking to a later flight. We also fly in same day for west coast cruises, so we like the ezair guarantee. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:
  • Missed departure protection - getting you to the next port (if legal of course).

Just to clarify, there have been instances, particularly this summer, where cruise line air has not gotten people to the port on time.  The language of most of these contracts says "will do everything possible" or similar language to get you to your cruise on time for the original or next port.

That being said, you will get a refund if you don't make your cruise, but travel insurance will cover that also.  And I'd rather be able to have the airline find me another flight through interline agreements than get a refund and miss my vacation and wasting time off.

I feel like I'm writing on a blank wall 

Ginny, anyone using EZAIR needs to call 1(800) 545-0008 or their CVP /TA. My CVP resolved an issue in under 5 minutes in December 2021. Thats the last time I had an issue (not the last time I used EZAIR-- issue was due to airline changing timing). If a CVP can do it I'm sure a TA can as well. 

Anyone booking on their own needs to negotiate their own flight.

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 4