Are we crazy?

Saskmountain

5 hours ago, Been There, Planning That said:

We've had these for years. I bought a set for DH and one for me. Then I "splurged" on a nylon set from amazon that had a couple of different sizes, a shoe bag and a "dirty clothes" bag (used as second shoe bag). I don't even unpack them when we go places-just move the cubes into the drawers/on the shelves of the room we are staying in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Thanks for tip.  I am researching this today, without knowing much about cubes so your info is helpful!

You might want to try Winners; I saw a set of packing cubes in a local store today. 

• Thanks 1

Packing cubes of any kind are a great organizational tool, but they just add more weight, which is always my biggest problem, so I don't bother with them.  I take a few minutes upon arrival to unpack, hanging and stowing everything.  I am a very efficient, experienced planner/packer, rolling everything, putting like items together, and stuffing small items in every available nook and cranny.  I am used to  regular all inclusive, shorter flight travel with strict weight limits.  So I have done the research and own the lightest (but durable) soft sider carry on bag manufactured so far.  In most carry on bags, if you add a couple items, you're at your weight limit or over - so irritating!  I also own several large, "squishable" sack type purses that act as a personal item, hold a lot, and can be squashed under my arm at the airport and by my feet on the plane.  I've never had a problem with my personal item, but I have had my carry on bag size questioned.  They attempted to get me to check it, as a young man with a massive oversized backpack (his only bag) was allowed through at the same time.  I kept my bag, found lots of room overhead to store it, and, surprise, it fit perfectly!!  The poor backpacker ended up having to give up his bag after all, as it definitely didn't fit!

• Thanks 2

Fait accompli 🤪

Took three attempts but...30 days away for 2 adults...2 carry ons, a small pack and a large "purse"

Off to YYC ✈️in an hour, sipping a spritz in Trieste this time tomorrow 🥂

Sure hope our connection at YYZ is on time 🤞

Carry On.jpg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Brian V said:

Fait accompli 🤪

Took three attempts but...30 days away for 2 adults...2 carry ons, a small pack and a large "purse"

Carry On.jpg

Yay!  Working on this right now and taking great comfort that you got it done. I find the "little stuff" and shoes are the big problem.  What size are those suitcases?  

Have a great trip!!

1 hour ago, Brian V said:

Fait accompli 🤪

Carry On.jpg

Well done! 🙇🏻‍♀️ We're headed to Scandinavia in October, so will need heavier clothing, but I'm hoping to whittle it down to just one checked bag. I have decided to limit the number of jeans/tops/sweaters somewhat with the goal of using the laundry.

1 hour ago, Brian V said:

Fait accompli 🤪

Carry On.jpg

Great job!  Have a wonderful time!