Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Thanks Geoff.

Vision was still in Sydney Ports Saturday.

I have not written a third ship off yet but it isn’t looking good. 
We need AUD on board to built up growth. 

Looking at a first visit to this part of the world for Winter (Summer?) 2024.

Looking forward to the itineraries being released in due course.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

You’re right…. All but one of the 2024/25 entries in Sydney OPT calendar for Vision have now gone. 

10 hours ago, springaussie said:

Thanks Geoff.

Vision was still in Sydney Ports Saturday.

I have not written a third ship off yet but it isn’t looking good. 
We need AUD on board to built up growth. 

That’s a worry because Sydney is pretty well booked up for 24-25 and they won’t replace those bookings.

Hopefully Royal is home porting a ship in Melbourne for that season.

Auckland and Cairns is a possibility also.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s a worry because Sydney is pretty well booked up for 24-25 and they won’t replace those bookings.

Hopefully Royal is home porting a ship in Melbourne for that season.

Auckland and Cairns is a possibility also.

What about Brisbane?  They built a brand new terminal right before covid shut down.

32 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

What about Brisbane?  They built a brand new terminal right before covid shut down.

They have Quantum of the seas there now and have trouble filling it.

I don’t think they would deploy a second ship in Brisbane.

Sydney is the biggest selling departure port in Australia but is very congested. 

Edited by Chiliburn

I’m submitting this here because it seems like the relevant thread, although I have posted separately (no replies yet). 

Brilliance of the Seas was originally scheduled for AUS/NZ in February 2024. We have a 12-nt cruise booked. Now I see that BOS is set to be in the Caribbean at that time. I only see Ovation in AUS/NZ now. 

Does this mean my cruise is going to be cancelled? Or moved to Ovation?

Your insights and experience with this are greatly appreciated. 

012EE98C-8861-4829-9C94-730537064780.jpeg

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

I’m submitting this here because it seems like the relevant thread, although I have posted separately (no replies yet). 

Brilliance of the Seas was originally scheduled for AUS/NZ in February 2024. We have a 12-nt cruise booked. Now I see that BOS is set to be in the Caribbean at that time. I only see Ovation in AUS/NZ now. 

I think is from when Brilliance was doing Europe, and the Trans Atlantic.

Royal swapped Brilliance for Enchantment.

Enchantment was coming to Oz 23/24. 

55 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

That’s interesting because I have a cruise booked then

3 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Brisbane Port Bookings look boring.

Majority 7 day schedules. With an odd 6,8 and  9 night schedule. Only one 3 nighter in April before the Trans Pacific. No Airlie Beach 4 nighters or New Zealand cruises. Aussies love the 3 and 4 night cruises to nowhere in the Summer.

Quantum arrives 1 December 2024 supposedly after a Singapore dry dock. 

The million dollar question is will the private island of Lelepa be opened for the 24/25 season. 

The 7 night South Pacific cruises will need 3 ports like Carnival and P&O do from Brisbane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Majority 7 day schedules. With an odd 6,8 and  9 night schedule. Only one 3 nighter in April before the Trans Pacific. No Airlie Beach 4 nighters or New Zealand cruises. Aussies love the 3 and 4 night cruises to nowhere in the Summer.

The million dollar question is will the private island of Lelepa be opened for the 24/25 season. 

The 7 night South Pacific cruises will need 3 ports like Carnival and P&O do from Brisbane. 

I think we have to keep an eye on Melbourne.

If a ship is deployed there , it would probably concentrate on cruises to NZ.

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Chilli if you want to ride a Radiance Class ship from Melbourne just go on Grand Princess. So many similar things to Radiance. 

11 hours ago, springaussie said:

Yeah not much variation.  Why?  

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’d have thought bookings would have appeared in Melbourne’s port calendar by now.  None have.  

39 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Lelepa is opening.

But it is? 

We might get an update on Lelepa when they announce the Aus deployment.  

Don’t see why they would cut back to 2 ships if they plan to have Lelepa up and running for that season.   

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Any early bird news on whether Allure will have her drydock in 2025?  Would still love to do a TA on her in 2025 after getting switched from her to Wonder last year.

Allure should have a 2025 dry dock because that would be the normal 5 year scheduled visit to a shipyard for required maritime maintenance.  

The normal 5 year pattern of shipyard visits is required or they could lose their ability to operate the vessel so it's generally something you can set you watch to.  

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

Allure should have a 2025 dry dock because that would be the normal 5 year scheduled visit to a shipyard for required maritime maintenance.  

The normal 5 year pattern of shipyard visits is required or they could lose their ability to operate the vessel so it's generally something you can set you watch to.  

That's what I figured since it didn't have the full refurbishment in 2020 after the WB TA was canceled.  

Although Wonder was nice (and our Owner's Suite was freaking amazing), pretty much everyone was saying that it didn't have the same feel as the other Oasis class ships.

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

Although Wonder was nice (and our Owner's Suite was freaking amazing), pretty much everyone was saying that it didn't have the same feel as the other Oasis class ships.

Having been on 4 out of 5 of the Oasis class ships I agree - Wonder does not have the charm as the older ships.  To me they tried to squeeze too much in.

I am hoping they leave the slide off Allure and give us a choice! 

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Cadiz (it's on the schedule) and then she will do the Central Med cruises from Barcelona.

Which schedule are you referring to? I've been trying to figure out what Oasis is doing after her summer 2024 in the Med. Wanting that westbound TA in a bad way. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Schnuff said:

Hi, we are on the OASIS at the moment and i thought of booking a OASIS class for nov/Dez 2024, but they aren't out yet. 

Does anybody has an idea when they will come come out?

This is exactly what I'm waiting for! I want the Oasis TA and whatever cruise is after that. 🙂

• Like 1