Cruise occupancy

avidsailor123

April - Mardi Gras over 100%

June - Radiance - 100%

July - Miracle - very close to 100% (sorry, can't remember the exact number)

We have been on 9 cruises in the past year and the last one that was reduced capacity was Radiance in February.  Since then, cruise capacity seems very much back to normal in our experience (if not increased).  I definitely get the feel that people are making up for lost vacationing.🙂

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mz-s said:

But man those cruises in 2021 with like 60% capacity sure were nice weren't they folks

Even 2022 - my January cruise had 40% and February had 60% occupancy.  A real delight!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mz-s said:

But man those cruises in 2021 with like 60% capacity sure were nice weren't they folks

Well... yes and no.  We were on Mardi Gras at 50% and 100% capacity.  At 50% half the venues were shut down.  So although the ship itself never felt crowded, they only used half the dining room, so it was still just as crowded.  Same with the buffet.  They shut down one whole buffet section so it was really crowded at peak times.  Some bars were never (or very seldom) open.  Staffing was lower so the crew to passenger ratio was similar.  It was a unique time and I'm glad we got to experience it, but I'm okay with things getting back to normal. 

...Now if the airlines could just get their act together...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mz-s said:

15 hours ago, pe4all said:

Even 2022 - my January cruise had 40% and February had 60% occupancy.  A real delight!

15 hours ago, mz-s said:

40% almost sounds like it would be so empty it would be spooky.

Ah, reminiscing...

My cruise on the Celebrity Summit last September sailed at about 15% of capacity.  That was wonderful on one hand and yes, a little spooky on the other.

I had a cruise on Princess in November that went out between 25 and 30%.  That one felt a lot more crowded and felt similar to my April Princess cruise, which sailed at 70%.