HELP!-What to do with Covid test results/Bermuda auth

11 minutes ago, jmcross said:

I cannot figure out how to upload either of these docs on either the website or the app.

If there is a way, can someone walk me through it?

Do I just print them and show them at the pier?

From what I read when I did our Bermuda Travel Applications, you are no longer required to upload your test results, only your vaccination records.

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99

24 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

In Bermuda now. You just need your test results to board. No need to upload anywhere anymore. They check them when you check in. 

How long before your cruise did you receive the approved Travel Authorization from the Bermuda Gov't?

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

How long before your cruise did you receive the approved Travel Authorization from the Bermuda Gov't?

I am sailing on 8/19/22 out of Baltimore. Applied 7/19/22  nothing yet. I was told about a week before sailing they process them. 

We just got back last week.  You need your test results to board the ship and no longer( as of May) need to upload them.  We got our authorizations at about day 10 prior to the cruise.  Just make sure you bring your Bermuda TA with you to check in, although Bermuda won't ask for it, the cruise port does.  We print out everything so we're not trying to find it all in our phones.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. I have the tests results and Bermuda auth printed and ready to go for tomorrow.

I ended up having to call Bermuda for the auth. I never got it even though I applied a month out. They processed it over the phone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

I got it about a week before sailing. If you don’t get it you can call them (there’s a toll free phone number) and they’ll process it when you’re on the phone. Much easier now that they don’t require you to upload the test results. 

Edited by RosieRoo

21 hours ago, Reijo said:

I appreciate this information.  Our Bermuda cruise is 9/11 and I just heard about this authorization.  The $40 per person really irks me though!!!

I think it used to be around $75.00 or so last year. So, less irking required.

On 8/3/2022 at 11:59 AM, jmcross said:

Thanks everyone. I have the tests results and Bermuda auth printed and ready to go for tomorrow.

I ended up having to call Bermuda for the auth. I never got it even though I applied a month out. They processed it over the phone.

Did you upload your vaccine card when you applied for it?  If not, that could account for why you never got the authorization beforehand.  

8 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

Has anyone had luck printing the approved Bermuda Travel Authorization form?   It keeps cutting off the initials/timestamp (and not even printing them on the second page).

What date are you sailing?  

4 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

August 18th.  We received our travel authorization approval today but everytime we try to print, it cuts off the initials/timestamp.

We sail 8/19 so hopefully I’ll get mine tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 9:28 AM, orville99 said:

I'm cruising 8/18 and just got Approved Authorization today.

Edited by Floater4life

Has anyone had luck printing the approved Bermuda Travel Authorization form?   It keeps cutting off the initials/timestamp (and not even printing them on the second page).

I printed what I could and they can look at my email in my phone to see what I see.

Don't worry about the date/time stamp.  Ours was cut off too and no one cared.  They just wanted to see the actual authorization.  They all print that way btw.

23 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

August 18th.  We received our travel authorization approval today but everytime we try to print, it cuts off the initials/timestamp.

I'm on the same August 18th cruise. I also received the Travel Authorization today, and like you, the printout is cutoff on the bottom. As long as we have the email authorization on our phone, I think we should be good.

7 minutes ago, BND said:

Don't worry about the date/time stamp.  Ours was cut off too and no one cared.  They just wanted to see the actual authorization.  They all print that way btw.

That is good to know. Surprised they can't fix something that seems so simple.

10 hours ago, Floater4life said:

I printed what I could and they can look at my email in my phone to see what I see.

10 hours ago, BND said:

10 hours ago, Garycruz said:

I'm on the same August 18th cruise. I also received the Travel Authorization today, and like you, the printout is cutoff on the bottom. As long as we have the email authorization on our phone, I think we should be good.

10 hours ago, Garycruz said:

That is good to know. Surprised they can't fix something that seems so simple.

Probably because they are created on a system defaulted to metric and using A4 paper, which is longer than the American 8.5x11 paper. Try using the "fit to page" setting on your printer.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Probably because they are created on a system defaulted to metric and using A4 paper, which is longer than the American 8.5x11 paper. Try using the "fit to page" setting on your printer.

As I said, they accept them even with that cut off. They don't even look at that at all.  They literally only look at the top of the form where it has all the info.   That date/time has nothing to do with the actual authorization.  It's outside the "frame" of the actual form.  So, it really does not matter. 

Edited by BND