Atlas bar cocktail menu

AJCM

1 minute ago, laurieb said:

Just off the Journey.  The bar in the Den was serving the Atlas bar drinks.  

That’s a better idea. Serve them in an existing place with entertainment 

• Like 4

On 8/11/2022 at 4:06 PM, Robb said:

So, I cannot go to this bar and order an 'included' drink?  Only from their high priced menu?????

Yes, as long as you have the ultimate package. As far as I know, they do not serve 'included' drinks

• Like 1

If one of a couple fancies one of the innovative cocktails but the other is happy with something from the included menu can I assume they can bring their included drink to enjoy with the person drinking the cocktail and won't be 'barred' for bringing in a drink😊

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bobal said:

If one of a couple fancies one of the innovative cocktails but the other is happy with something from the included menu can I assume they can bring their included drink to enjoy with the person drinking the cocktail and won't be 'barred' for bringing in a drink😊

Thats why I like the experiment on Quest of having the innovative cocktails in the Den - no risk then of his lordship spilling things in the lift  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Thats why I like the experiment on Quest of having the innovative cocktails in the Den - no risk then of his lordship spilling things in the lift  😂

What happens in the lift stays in the lift 😉.....as long as there's no-one else in there with you 😊

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Got an email today from Azamara announcing that the ‘Atlas Bar Experience’ will be offered in the Den on the other 3 ships.

I think this is a good move by Azamara.  They can measure demand for the cocktails, demand for a separate bar for the cocktails and cost v revenue of using the Den as opposed to a dedicated place.  

My only concern is if it might be a precursor to a change in the structure and pricing of beverage packages 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Got an email today from Azamara announcing that the ‘Atlas Bar Experience’ will be offered in the Den on the other 3 ships.

Looking forward to seeing how this will work when we’re on Quest at the end of the month, The Atlas Bar is a very different type of venue to The Den. Can see there could be a conflict between those wanting to enjoy the live entertainment and those wanting The Atlas Bar Experience, but as always we will be open minded about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I received the Azamara email re Atlas drinks. Am I right in saying that on Onward the Atlas Bar is in effect an Ultimate Drinks Package venue only?

Phil 

No, if you’re not on the Ultimate Package you can still pay as you go, obviously as the special cocktails are $17.95 a go the Ultimate Package is better value if you are going to use the Atlas bar often.

Think of it as a beverage version of the speciality restaurants where buying a package is better value. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

No, if you’re not on the Ultimate Package you can still pay as you go, obviously as the special cocktails are $17.95 a go the Ultimate Package is better value if you are going to use the Atlas bar often.

Think of it as a beverage version of the speciality restaurants where buying a package is better value. 

And what if one person wants in the group does not have a package or only wants a complimentary drink?  Thats where I am confused as to how it will work for us

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

They might do better on the other ships with having them available in another bar. "That looks interesting. I think I'll order one". See how it goes and what the revenue in Atlas is. That will be the test. If they get rid of the Drawing Room on the other ships I guess we have the answer!

Phil 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uktog said:

And what if one person wants in the group does not have a package or only wants a complimentary drink?  Thats where I am confused as to how it will work for us

Yes, that was my question too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uktog said:

We didn’t have a package but often went to the Atlas Bar for pre dinner drinks.  Whilst my wife had the “artisan” cocktails (signed for) I often had a standard drink which I picked up from the Prime C bar and took through.  

Interestingly, there’s been little to no mention of the “Tapas” food served in the Atlas Bar.  Based solely on our experience, we never saw anyone either ordering it or indeed eating it.  Not sure if this part of the offering has any longevity.

Regard

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, royallondon said:

We didn’t have a package but often went to the Atlas Bar for pre dinner drinks.  Whilst my wife had the “artisan” cocktails (signed for) I often had a standard drink which I picked up from the Prime C bar and took through.  

Interestingly, there’s been little to no mention of the “Tapas” food served in the Atlas Bar.  Based solely on our experience, we never saw anyone either ordering it or indeed eating it.  Not sure if this part of the offering has any longevity.

Regard

I think we are all accustomed to the free tapas in the Living Room, so why pay extra for appetizers in the Atlas Bar?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, royallondon said:

Regard

Thanks - too much faff for us moving drinks between rooms.  The Den seems a better option for us on the other ships.  Will decide what we do on Onward once we get there

2 hours ago, royallondon said:

Regard

I think passengers may well resent having to pay for canapes to accompany their upscale drinks. i agree that this probably has no future and hope it will be replaced with a complimentary offering of sorts.

• Like 5