Just got canceled

wacamaw

I’m so upset.  We are 32 days out from our Hawaii cruise and had flights and all from NCL and they sent email stating due to low staffing they can’t accommodate us on this cruise. We have rebooked same cruise 6 times and now this. I’m a platinum member and just can’t believe they just pick and choose who they can’t accommodate. 

• Like 1

I am so sorry.  Did they offer any additional FCC as compensation?  If you've got the time off all arranged, you could (in theory) turn around & book a bargain out of Miami or someplace.  Not quite the same as Hawai'i when you've had your heart set on it, but at least you'll have a nice vacation.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wacamaw said:

I’m so upset.  We are 32 days out from our Hawaii cruise and had flights and all from NCL and they sent email stating due to low staffing they can’t accommodate us on this cruise. We have rebooked same cruise 6 times and now this. I’m a platinum member and just can’t believe they just pick and choose who they can’t accommodate. 

Your being a "platinum"  🙄 member has nothing to do with the cruise being canceled.   

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Your being a "platinum"  🙄 member has nothing to do with the cruise being canceled.   

The whole cruise isn't cancelled, NCL continues to selectively cancel bookings to remain under the 40% capacity threshold, which they've been doing since resumption of POA itinerary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

The whole cruise isn't cancelled, NCL continues to selectively cancel bookings to remain under the 40% capacity threshold, which they've been doing since resumption of POA itinerary.

So what, the OP's status still means nothing  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

If this is true then they are keeping the full price paying customers that they can give less perks to. Hey 32 days is pretty good as far as cancellations go, we were cancelled in January to the Caribbean about 6 hours before we were getting on a plane to NOLA. Still went as we were packed and had airline tickets. 

• Like 1

That stinks. I've felt bad for all the Hawaii-bound people this keeps happening to. I'd for sure give up on trying to cruise Hawaii for now. 

And I'm very curious to know how they are deciding who to cancel. Everything has been speculation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wacamaw said:

What makes you think the "just pick and choose" rather than use some preset criteria?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wacamaw said:

What type of cabin were you booked in?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

So what, the OP's status still means nothing  

It still shows that NCL does not care enough about loyal customers. I would like to know how they are choosing who to bump? I think that they should have known before 32 days out that they were going to cancel on people. I think it should be the most recently booked people that get bumped. I hope the OP comes back with more info such as what type of room they had booked and when they booked it.

• Like 2

Can you please let us know what type of cabin you booked in? My theory is that NCL is cancelling the cabins that generate the lowest revenue.

I'm very sorry this happened to you. If you are going to keep your flights and do land vacation on Hawaii I am willing to help you out (especially if you plan to do Maui). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

If I were to guess, the first people to get cut are those that have the whole package booked with NCL. This way they don't need to worry about flight credits.

Sadly, (especially for those being cancelled) your guess is quite likely one of the factors.

Yet, I imagine there are a number of algorithms in the mix.

It's sad that this is happening!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

If I were to guess, the first people to get cut are those that have the whole package booked with NCL. This way they don't need to worry about flight credits.

There also may be a financial incentive.  If airlines are experiencing very high demand, they may be in a position to buy back blocks of discounted seats from cruise lines, etc.  I'm just speculating.

• Like 3