GTY cabin assignment..when was the earliest your cabin was assigned?

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

I wonder there is a miscommunication here.  The barcode I use is on the set sail pass; one obtains the set sail pass when one completes on-line check-in (which typically opens 45 days before the cruise).

Where did you find a barcode to use for the barcode trick 1-1.5 weeks before online checkin opened?

Maybe I don't remember correctly. 

4 hours ago, RoyalC said:

Did look there but cruise docs are not available at this time. Sept 4 is check-in day.

eDocs won't be available till about 30 days out - after check in you can look for a possible assignment in the barcode of the Setsail pass.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, marvelous35 said:

I was finally able to check in.  I got my SetSail pass.  Tranferred it to Apple Wallet.  And my cabin number is GTY.

Others have reported that happening on occasion. You'll just have to wait it out the old fashioned way.

I was finally able to check in.  I got my SetSail pass.  Tranferred it to Apple Wallet.  And my cabin number is GTY.

That means it isn't assigned yet then.  If you hear others on your sailing getting cabins assigned, you can add it again and see if it changed.  I don't allow the app to update my wallet so it doesn't waste battery.

Oh well, you’ll have to wait.  They did not assign mine until 6 days before the cruise, but yours could come anytime.

Personally, I’d just delete that set sail

pass from Apple Wallet.  Try it again  every week or so (certainly try right away if you ever happen to a muster station location appear on your set sail pass or app)

Booked a XB guarantee about 3 weeks ago for 9/30 Ovation - continues to show GTY however the first time I tried the Wallet option it was GTY and then a few days later shows a cabin number in the bar code but still shows GTY but also on the Sail Pass shows Muster station and GTY - assigned the lowest balcony E2 obstructed - but on the confirmation and APP shows GTY - so not sure why if assigned per bar code why it would not show everywhere?

18 minutes ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Booked a XB guarantee about 3 weeks ago for 9/30 Ovation - continues to show GTY however the first time I tried the Wallet option it was GTY and then a few days later shows a cabin number in the bar code but still shows GTY but also on the Sail Pass shows Muster station and GTY - assigned the lowest balcony E2 obstructed - but on the confirmation and APP shows GTY - so not sure why if assigned per bar code why it would not show everywhere?

What is the wallet option?

2 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Ok, wondering if who you book with plays into when you find out? I didn't book with Royal. Did it with priceline. How about everyone else?

I have nearly always booked GTY.  Once, I found out Wednesday before a Saturday Cruise.  Just 2 weeks ago I booked GTY for a cruise 94 days out and found out the next day. 

I booked GTY for the cruise I am doing in December and my cabin was assigned approximately 8 months in advance. 

In each of these varied instances, I booked with a Travel Advisor.

11 hours ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

You are using a trick to get a secret preview of your cabin number.  Eventually your cabin number will show in the app.  Those who don’t know the trick have to wait until then, but the trick let you know sooner. Granted, you cannot do anything with the information, but the suspense is over for you.

16 hours ago, marvelous35 said:

How do you transfer it to your apple wallet?   Trying to figure out how to do it since we have a GTY room.

Thanks

Just now, closecruiser said:

How do you transfer it to your apple wallet?   Trying to figure out how to do it since we have a GTY room.

Thanks

A button should appear when you open your set sail pass in the app that says "add to apple wallet."

15 minutes ago, closecruiser said:

It doesn't do that.   Hmmmmm 

You can try scanning the bar code with a QR scanner from another phone/device if you can't figure out how to add it to your Apple wallet.