Covid testing - Cruises visiting Greece

SVBing

A second Azamara poster who embarked on Journey today also commented that testing has been eliminated in Piraeus.  But – Azamara has been looser on this requirement all along than some other cruise lines:  they have only required a test before embarking in Piraeus.  No testing was required by Azamara for cruises calling on Greek ports or disembarking in Piraeus [as some other cruise lines have been requiring].  So those other cruise lines may also be slower to remove their requirements...

Can someone confirm? The latest I am hearing now is Greece is loosening up their requirements...

Test are required when cruise is departing from Greece, no longer if your ship is just visiting Greece as port of call.

Edited by roquejo

8 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Yes, cruise lines are all over the place with how they handle Greece.

I agree that it's confusing and frustrating, and personally I wish this would end sooner rather than later... However, I'm inclined to give the cruise companies the benefit of a doubt, as I do have some understanding if they prefer to take the "better safe than sorry" approach to the situation. It's not unlikely that the regulations are open to interpretation for the cruise ships too, and the companies may want to make sure that they don't end up in a situation where the ship is denied entry to the scheduled Greek ports, or some guests are denied to go ashore and then accuse the cruise company for not making it clear enough that a test is required.

My DH & I were on a b2b with Celebrity from Singapore when Covid hit in Feb 2020, and it turned into a complete circus when Celebrity didn't take the rule that "anyone who has visited Hong-Kong within the last 14 days will be denied entry" seriously enough. We ended up on a "mystery-of-the-day" cruise with constant changes due to being denied entry in port after port - and eventually the cruise was drastically cut short and Celebrity had to pay out hefty full refunds / FCC+50%.

25 minutes ago, carpese said:

On Celebrity's website today, updated Vaccination Guidelines for Cruises visiting Greece, as of September 24th.  No More Proctored Covid Testing Required!!!!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

Thank you for noticing and posting this!!  One less thing to worry about, although I'll still need to do a (non-proctored) test as the cruise is 10 days.

Just now, cruisemom42 said:

Thank you for noticing and posting this!!  One less thing to worry about, although I'll still need to do a (non-proctored) test as the cruise is 10 days.

No worries.  We, too, must do a non-proctored test.  Are you on the 10/5 sailing of Apex?  We are on that sailing.  It's much easier to do a self-test than a proctored one.

Bon Voyage!

29 minutes ago, carpese said:

On Celebrity's website today, updated Vaccination Guidelines for Cruises visiting Greece, as of September 24th.  No More Proctored Covid Testing Required!!!!

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

Yay! That's great news for cruise ships like Celebrity "visiting Greece" and further confirms changes did occur Sept 24th, such as those effecting some guests that embarked on the Azamara Journey on Saturday.

Now we just need NCL, Princess and/or any other cruise line to officially post these Greek Port Authority testing requirement changes relative to initially embarking on a cruise in Athens to their respective websites like Celebrity did.  

CruiseHealth™ - Vaccination & Testing Requirements by Region - Princess Cruises

Travel Requirements by Port & Country (ncl.com)

4 minutes ago, carpese said:

No worries.  We, too, must do a non-proctored test.  Are you on the 10/5 sailing of Apex?  We are on that sailing.  It's much easier to do a self-test than a proctored one.

Bon Voyage!

I'm on Constellation BTB:  October 3rd (Eastern Med, including 4 ports in Greece) and October 13th (Adriatic and Italy).

Bon voyage to you as well!!  🛳️🥂

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So self tests at home are ok now for Celebrity and/or Greece?  

It sure sounds like it.

Sailing Testing Requirements:

• Up-to-Date* Guests: 
    • For all sailings 9 nights or shorter, no pre-boarding testing is required. 
    •  
    • For all sailings 10 nights or longer, guests ages 12 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test. Antibody tests are not accepted.
    •  
  • Fully Vaccinated** and Unvaccinated Guests: 
    • All guests ages 12 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within 3 days prior to boarding. Test results from any commercially available Rapid Antigen Test (RAT), including self-tests, will be accepted. Tests do not have to be supervised or proctored. Test results may be presented as a printout, screenshot or photo of the test result or the actual test. Antibody tests are not accepted.
    •  

Please Note: Greece has removed its unique testing requirements as of Sept. 24, 2022. Please disregard any previously received communication with special instructions for sailings visiting Greece and follow the above guidelines.

Travel Requirements for Italy Cruises | Celebrity Cruises

• Thanks 1

I keep checking the Princess website.  It has not been updated yet to match the email i received this morning.  The Medallion app has been updated for my cruise and no longer has the link to upload test results.

I'm sure the website will be updated soon.