Hoping MSC follows other cruise lines re Testing

cellfree

Got email from Carnival with their most recent changes, yay, no more pre cruise testing for those who are vaxed (exceptions of course and one is those cruising to Bermuda), and hoping MSC out of US ports at least will follow. Our next cruise is mid September, wonder what the chances are. 

While MSC is trying to gain a foothold in the US, they are a European line and will be driven by European sentiments more than just US competitor actions.  Remember, MSC is switching to no test for vaccinated on short trips relatively later than the other lines as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mowogo said:

While MSC is trying to gain a foothold in the US, they are a European line and will be driven by European sentiments more than just US competitor actions.  Remember, MSC is switching to no test for vaccinated on short trips relatively later than the other lines as well.

Yes I realize that. Testing is no longer necessary for cruises less than six nights and our September cruise is a seven night. However had I booked a four night and three night I would be ‘home free’ so it’s sort of crazy that we need to test for a seven night. But as the saying goes “it is what it is.” Just grumbling today. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cellfree said:

Yes I realize that. Testing is no longer necessary for cruises less than six nights and our September cruise is a seven night. However had I booked a four night and three night I would be ‘home free’ so it’s sort of crazy that we need to test for a seven night. But as the saying goes “it is what it is.” Just grumbling today. 

Once again MSC showing that the Left hand still has no idea what the Right hand is doing! Re the 3 plus 4 nights and 7 nights.

• Like 1

I do think it's strange that MSC are still insisting on a negative test result within '48 hrs' to sail with them because my cruise from Southampton to Norwegian Fjords are countries that has dropped all testing requirements to enter them.  Even face masks rules are gone for public transportation places and the EU has done so too!!  The cost of tests has gone up considerably high as 'test centres' scale down their operations overall. 

• Like 2

It doesn’t matter what MSC does because it all depends on the countries that you are visiting and their requirements.

I have a cruise to Bermuda in October that still require a negative test 4 days prior.  We also have a MSC Canada and NE cruise and Canada requires only fully vaxed pax. No problem as we are vaxed and double boostered. 

We just canceled two Princess cruises when they started to allow more unvaxed pax onboard as my DH is immune compromised with B-cell lymphoma and his health is more important to me than cruising. We will have to start planning other trips if this becomes the norm.

I look at it like this, happily married or sorrowfully widowed? 

• Thanks 2

On 8/13/2022 at 7:25 PM, cellfree said:

However had I booked a four night and three night I would be ‘home free’ so it’s sort of crazy that we need to test for a seven night.

THIS!!!  I have a 4 and 3 night in the 'going to book category'. Cant cruise until the end of the year so I'm hoping it changes after September so I'll hold off for a bit.

39 minutes ago, Debde said:

THIS!!!  I have a 4 and 3 night in the 'going to book category'. Cant cruise until the end of the year so I'm hoping it changes after September so I'll hold off for a bit.

But you are okay with a four night and a three night booking, it’s the seven night booking that still needs to test. 

13 minutes ago, cellfree said:

But you are okay with a four night and a three night booking, it’s the seven night booking that still needs to test. 

That's why I'm waiting. Fully vaxed and boosted but will not cruise until testing is gone. This is why I'll do a short BtoB for now. This is what some are saying-does not make any sense.

If after September, 7 nights open to no testing I'll book one of those. At least I have the luxury of waiting until I set it in stone as to which cruise to book. For business reasons, can't cruise before November so I have some wiggle room here.

I shouldn't complain because its a start and i'm planning a cruise!😀.

• Like 1

Our seven night mid September 2022 was if I remember correctly a rebooking after a rebooking after a cancellation or something like that. So we will test and will cruise. But “goldenbonny” agree, MSC get on the ball, and you enjoy your cruise on Princess. 

34 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

We just booked two cabins on Princess. Sorry MSC , you should think faster 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

We just booked two cabins on Princess. Sorry MSC , you should think faster 

Yes-forgot to add on my post..........NCL is totally in the equation now so yup-someone needs to think fast!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

We just canceled two Princess cruises when they started to allow more unvaxed pax onboard as my DH is immune compromised with B-cell lymphoma and his health is more important to me than cruising. We will have to start planning other trips if this becomes the norm.

As far as I am concerned, if I had to chose between two lines, I would chose the one with the stricter requirements as well. I'm not going on vacation to ask for medical assistance. Maybe this is something cruise lines are considering as well: the last one to drop the covid policies might earn bonus cruises because of cruisers like you and me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

I have a cruise to Bermuda in October that still require a negative test 4 days prior.  We also have a MSC Canada and NE cruise and Canada requires only fully vaxed pax. No problem as we are vaxed and double boostered. 

NCL must follow Canada C19 requirements. If you are cruising from the USA to Canada and fully vaccinated.

1. C19 test required3 or 2 days before you board. 

2. Board a ship in USA and have a port stop in Canada you are required to complete ArriveCan within 72 hours of boarding ship. 
3. If you are not fully vaccinated, stay home, you can not board the cruise.

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

NCL must follow Canada C19 requirements. If you are cruising from the USA to Canada and fully vaccinated NCL must follow Canada C19 requirements. If you are cruising from the USA to Canada and fully vaccinated.

2. Board a ship in USA and have a port stop in Canada you are required to complete ArriveCan within 72 hours of boarding ship. 

MSC and RCCL are both dragging their feet. I'm fully vaxxed, and never had covid, but I would book NCL or Princess before and Royal company or MSC. Carnival, to me, is out of the equation. The testing requirement is so useless.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

NCL must follow Canada C19 requirements. If you are cruising from the USA to Canada and fully vaccinated NCL must follow Canada C19 requirements. If you are cruising from the USA to Canada and fully vaccinated.

I have no idea why your response. First of all it’s NCL to Bermuda and MSC to Canada.

I am also well aware of the requirements to travel to Canada as we were driving up June 17 with our ArriveCan code until my DH was admitted to hospital.   

You might want to reread my post (#10) where I stated we are double vaxed and double boostered. 

BTW, I’m also aware of Bermuda’s regulations and their TA requirements. 

1 hour ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

I have no idea why your response. First of all it’s NCL to Bermuda and MSC to Canada.

I am also well aware of the requirements to travel to Canada as we were driving up June 17 with our ArriveCan code until my DH was admitted to hospital.   

You might want to reread my post (#10) where I stated we are double vaxed and double boostered. 

BTW, I’m also aware of Bermuda’s regulations and their TA requirements. 

FYI - I am doubled vaxed and boosted, Too. So, if anyone just read your #10 post, they would assume you only needed to be doubled vaxed and boosted.

Read how many postings are about this. So many misconceptions.

Relax, I just added an additional qualifier to this subject.

People don't know what the OP knows.

SMH

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

FYI - I am doubled vaxed and boosted, Too. So, if anyone just read your #10 post, they would assume you only needed to be doubled vaxed and boosted.

Read how many postings are about this. So many misconceptions.

Relax, I just added an additional qualifier to this subject.

People don't know what the OP knows.

SMH

It was meant that MSC required vaxed pax only and what I said was  “We also have a MSC Canada and NE cruise and Canada requires only fully vaxed pax. No problem as we are vaxed and double boostered.” I never stated that you had to be vaxed and double boostered, just that we were.

I’m glad you are vaxed and boostered, but I have no misconceptions about Covid. It’s been about 2 1/2 years and we have never caught it because we mask everywhere whether it’s required or not and to protect my DH from any infections that could possibly kill him.

So yes, I prefer cruises where we can be somewhat safe and right now MSC fills that requirement. 

• Like 1

Experienced cruisers here but our first MSC (Meraviglia TA from Marseille to Miami)
This follows B2B on Windstar (which will likely NEVER drop testing IMHO)

So testing isn't a problem for us (vaxed and double boosted) as long as we can find a testing location without a lot of hassle. We will have all day Saturday to tour Marseille and get tested.  
Pharmacies test in France but not sure about hours/time for results etc.

Does MSC accept proctored telehealth results like Inspire or E-med?
Couldn't find that info on their website.

We returned from B2B2B on NCL April-June and used the telehealth several times

8 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

It was meant that MSC required vaxed pax only and what I said was  “We also have a MSC Canada and NE cruise and Canada requires only fully vaxed pax. No problem as we are vaxed and double boostered.” I never stated that you had to be vaxed and double boostered, just that we were.

I’m glad you are vaxed and boostered, but I have no misconceptions about Covid. It’s been about 2 1/2 years and we have never caught it because we mask everywhere whether it’s required or not and to protect my DH from any infections that could possibly kill him.

So yes, I prefer cruises where we can be somewhat safe and right now MSC fills that requirement. 

We returned to cruising in Sept 2021 and did a B2B on Celebrity Edge. Then a B2B in Nov on the NCL JOY. In 2022 we went B2B on the RCI Oasis and then in July B2B on the MSC Seashore. 

Never wore masks on any of those ships and were never required, too. Only the crews wore masks. 

Yes, we are going on the NCL BREAKAWAY B2B in Sep, NCL Prima 2x and Celebrity Apex this year. Hope all stay Safe and enjoy their cruises.