In Newark and ready to Board Oasis tomorrow

How was the checking-in and security flow process.  I read some horrible stories.  Got a flight from Newark on United and wondering how much lead time will I need.  Did you notice any baggage check-in outside the terminal.

My family sailed on the five day Adventure Of The Seas Bermuda cruise on June 9th 2022. We arrived at the terminal around 11:00AM and the line for luggage drop off wasn't too long. We drove towards the Parking Garage and was notified that parking was restricted to handicapped passengers only. We drove over to the abandoned warehouse lot and parked there. The short walk back to the terminal took less than ten minutes. When we arrived at the terminal the line was quite long and took over an hour to check in. I asked an employee and was told they were short staffed. Having a reservation didn't make a difference and everyone was on the same line. We noticed that orange juice and lemonade was in short supply in the Windjammer. On the first sea day my wife asked for a glass of white wine at the Solarium Bar. I walked over and asked the overworked bartender for the wine. He explained he didn't have any white wine at his station and no one available to go down to the liquor room to get any. An hour later I asked for an Absolut Screwdriver. He pointed to Gray Goose or Stoli Vodka. I settled for Gray Goose.  Every night our last stop was a drink or two in the Viking Crown. We made conversation with a twenty three year female veteran bar steward from Jamaica. She explained she had  white wine if we wanted any. She also told us she had two weeks left on her eight month contract. Her immediate supervisor was strong arming her to extend her contract an additional ten weeks. She told him her knees were shot and she was considering retirement. She told us everyone on board were being asked to extend there contracts.

On 8/14/2022 at 9:02 AM, nelblu said:

How was the checking-in and security flow process.  I read some horrible stories.  Got a flight from Newark on United and wondering how much lead time will I need.  Did you notice any baggage check-in outside the terminal.

I cruised out of NJ on Anthem in April.  It was HORRIBLE.  We had to wait over 2 hours in line IN THE COLD WITHOUT JACKETS!  We were not aware we would be waiting outside, otherwise we wouldn't have packed the jackets in our checked luggage.  

With that said, we hopped on the app and we were able to do the eMuster Drill while waiting in line.  Once we got on (which was a breeze once we made it through the door since we filled out our check-in information online before we left), all we had to do was show the crew member at the muster station our app and then they signed off on us having completed the drill.

9 hours ago, MadamG2U said:

We cruised out of NJ on Oasis in June and walked right into the terminal.

We're booked on Oasis in early October and one port that I dread based on previous experience is Port Canaveral.  When we stopped there on Anthem on Easter sail it was a total zoo.  Pax lined up in the Esplanade on deck 5 and they were wall to wall stretching all the way to 2x70.  Most with no masks.  It was so disorganized that we almost did not make our tour to Kennedy Space Center.  Some newbies to Royal kept asking if this was normal disembarkation process.

I have many sails under my belt, but this is one of the few times that Pax with tours did not disembark first.  

We have booked transportation to Disney and wondering what experience those that sailed on Osis and had tours.  Also, what are the hours for the WJ and MDR. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 9:02 AM, nelblu said:

The checking-in and security flow was seamless.  They were stringent with the check-in time.  I saw people milling about who showed up too early.  We pulled up, dropped our luggage and ended up in the outside parking, which was great.

• Like 1