Carrying on wine and champagne

closecruiser

36 minutes ago, closecruiser said:

Did they check or you just went through with no problems.

Effectively, they always 'check' since everything carried when boarding anywhere (embarkation or ports) through goes through x-ray.

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

In addition, if you have a beverage package, then there is no longer a corkage fee if you take a bottle to the MDR or a restaurant.

Is this listed or posted anywhere?   Would love to take a bottle of my Don Melchor to our anniversary dinner but I’m a scrounge and don’t pay ‘extras’ 😀

17 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

Is this listed or posted anywhere?   Would love to take a bottle of my Don Melchor to our anniversary dinner but I’m a scrounge and don’t pay ‘extras’ 😀

It is in the FAQ under 'Alcohol Policy' ...

Screenshot 2022-08-14 at 13-27-28 Before You Board FAQs.png

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Mark_T said:

It is in the FAQ under 'Alcohol Policy' ...

Screenshot 2022-08-14 at 13-27-28 Before You Board FAQs.png

Perfect. Thanks @Mark_T

Almost Zenith and never realized I could bring my own wine to take to dinner without a corkage fee. I knew I could bring 2 bottles but this is great news.

21 minutes ago, viperfoth said:

Perfect. Thanks @Mark_T

Almost Zenith and never realized I could bring my own wine to take to dinner without a corkage fee. I knew I could bring 2 bottles but this is great news.

Evidently it’s a recent change, dropping the corkage fee

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's all situational, but if you're BYO'ing I'd recommend carrying on vs packing in luggage.  On our last trip I made the mistake of packing the bottles and that piece of luggage (out of 6 total) was 'lost' for 12hrs. Poor communication between security and our butler/us. It wasn't until we figured out that the wine was in the 'lost' bag and asked the butler to check again armed with that info that they finally found it.   I know others have said they packed wine and their bags made it through security without any issues, so you never can tell...but better safe than sorry.  Anyway, all's well that ends well, and the wine was fantastic!

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

@Whinenowine

Same thing happened to us on one cruise.  MIA bag stuck in security.  Why security isn't obligated to notify immediately instead of having crew chasing around all over the ship looking for them is a mystery.  A simple phone message would suffice.

Yes, indeed!  More work/worry for everyone due to lack of communication.  Was extra frustrating b/c we were in the PH and should have had priority luggage delivery. Lesson learned on my end! 😉

3 minutes ago, Swampbabe said:

Wine is always supposed to be in carry on luggage.

Actually, that's not specified in their policies, but we've all grown smarter over the years.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/before-you-board

Right.

Can't be in carry-on for the flight to the port.  Must then be dug out of checked baggage at the terminal (and if you do it right, you WILL be doing some digging due to safe packing of the wine), and transferred to a carry-on that has enough space.  It's a PITA, but necessary to avoid the MIA bag issue.

2 hours ago, mitz18 said:

This is a great thread - I thought it was still 2 bottles per cabin so very good to know & thankful to have been informed that it's 2 per guest.   😃

That way, we are all 2-fisted drinkers! 

den

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tropical PJ said:

What is the going corkage fee? If you don't have bvg pkg and you bring on 2 bottles each. Can you uncork it in cabin and bring your bottle to the diningroom? 

Thank you!

$25 per bottle is the corkage fee

If Celebrity allows one to bring aboard 2 bottles of wine per passenger are you charged a corkage fee if you consume only in your cabin? Is there a maximum size bottle that you are limited to? Has anyone ever figured if having one or two glasses of decent wine at dinner every night equals up to the corkage fee  or not. Just asking. I rarely drink cocktails or wine at home. Just for occasions.

Edited by Floridastorm