Has MSC any plans to add another tier beyond Voyager Club Black ?

blordos

Recent trip on Virtuosa as gold + black, very disappointed with voyagers club.

On embarkation and disembarkation there was zero priority, only priority for YC.

On embarkation day, spumante and macaroons plus small chocolate bar were delivered (no fruit bowl). This was the only recognition of status for the entire week. Had to go down to guest services on the penultimate day to ask about the thermal spa and speciality dinner - on all our previous cruises letters inviting us to these perks were left in the cabin.

This experience certainly left us considering if the 'loyalty' benefits were worth the loyalty..

(Hopefully this doesn't come off as snobby, we very much enjoyed the cruise, just disappointed not to receive benefits that we enjoyed on previous cruises. I'm assuming it's related to post-covid belt tightening on MSCs part)

its not snobby at all SeaSwirl. 

If the whole point of Loyalty Progams is to encourage one company over another, then the chipping away at these things will surely have the effect that a person may be less inclined to pick that company.    If NCL and MSC for example had 2 ships I both loved going to the same places at a similar price, the priority embarkation etc. might just be the thing that swings it to MSC.   But if that's gone, no chocolate ship, no fruit, no nice little "elevations" - why not  just go on NCL?    

I can say I am more open minded to going with other lines than I was this time last year.  

6 hours ago, blordos said:

You don't need the letters inviting the Spa and Special dining. Just go to the Spa area and restaurant of your choice and book the reservations.

There will be people who are not aware of it especially First time cruisers.

First time cruiser usually don't have diamond status. They could have diamond status from the status match program. I'm pretty sure they have studied the perks of the Voyager Club membership because you have to actively apply the membership.

A reminder would be a good thing. I had always a letter invitation in my cabin during the cruise.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:36 PM, SeaSwirl66 said:

Had to go down to guest services on the penultimate day to ask about the thermal spa

I never got a invitation for the Gold hour @ Spa, always had to go there by myself and book. 

While I agree with you about the question if the 'loyalty' benefits were worth the loyalty, keep in mind that the other cruise lines in Europe often have zero loyalty benefits and don´t offer any program (but Costa has). 

Never received invites to the Specialty Dining.  Normally ask the Butler or YC Concierge to book us or walk by Butchers Cut and made a reservation and never received a charge.  The system should know the status levels of cruisers and it seems to work,  i have never specifically mentioned I am a Diamond Member.

If by chance I was charged erroneously, I would notify the YC Concierge for the removal. All bases are covered.

Edited by Seadweller001
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 12:49 PM, kelleherdl said:

We are 4-Star Mariners on HAL.  The only thing that will get me to sail them again is a really amazing longer itinerary. With the free laundry of 4-Star that becomes much more pleasant. Also, my 4-Star does not expire on HAL. So bringing back even limited gratis laundry for YC guests and Super Diamonds would be a nice one for MSC.

Dennis

Just got off Seashore this past June-July on a B2B. Liked the Seashore YC pool deck better than Seaside. Food in restaurant was better also than Seaside IMHO. Though we missed Arthur for sure. From talking with crew that still keep in touch with him, he is now a dining room manager on Armonia.

Our next sailing with MSC with be in June of next year out of Rome and Genoa. 

Hope our cruising paths cross again. You and your wife stay safe and happy cruising.

4 hours ago, frank808 said:

Though we missed Arthur for sure. From talking with crew that still keep in touch with him, he is now a dining room manager on Armonia.

I don't think that is correct!  His F/B posts show him on Bellissima.  Tiny Armonia would be a waste of his talents!

• Like 1

Adding another tier?

This is akin to getting the best grade and then saying "I got an 'A' on my test...will the professor consider adding another grade level so I can do better?"

Amazing that people can reach to top and still not be satisfied with what they have. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Adding another tier?

This is akin to getting the best grade and then saying "I got an 'A' on my test...will the professor consider adding another grade level so I can do better?"

Amazing that people can reach to top and still not be satisfied with what they have. 🙄

When I earned an A in a course,  I was MOST thankful and appreciative of what I had achieved.  As a matter of fact, whatever grade that I earned in certain subjects, as long as it was a C or better, I was thankful.

7 hours ago, JAGR said:

His F/B posts show him on Bellissima.  Tiny Armonia would be a waste of his talents!

Agree!  I am happy for Arthur that he has been promoted to DR Manager.  

There are not many DR Head Waiters, Assistant Maitre d's or Maitre d's that are stand outs in my memory.  But, Arthur is one of them.  

Edited by rkacruiser

10 hours ago, JAGR said:

I don't think that is correct!  His F/B posts show him on Bellissima.  Tiny Armonia would be a waste of his talents!

His posted photo today shows his badge as YC Maitre d. He is on Bellissima.

Dennis

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

His posted photo today shows his badge as YC Maitre d. He is on Bellissima.

Dennis

Good for him. He is definitely one of the stars that MSC has. Do you mind posting his FB name so we can follow him?

Maybe next summer I will get to see him again in Europe.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:29 PM, dznymom said:

I am quite pleased with the program as it is now although I would love if they threw in laundry like a few (or most?) of the other lines.  I usually leave the chocolate ship behind because it's bulky (and melty) to pack, so changing that to a chocolate bar doesn't bother me in the least.  I really enjoyed the Diamond Party in the past, and wondering if they have brought that back yet?

Also curious if anyone has taken advantage of the dancing lesson, and if so, what did you think?  

We had the Diamond Party last September on the Seashore. 

We also had the Captain’s Welcome.

Free drinks both times. 

I would love Venchi Chocolate bars - the ship is a challenge to eat; such solid chocolate.

• Like 1

As a recent first time cruiser on MSC and status matched into Black, I'll share my 0.02 currency of your choice.  This was Port Canaveral on the Divina, for reference.

We enjoyed the priority embarkation, and complementary specialty restaurant.   The rest really didn't thrill me on way or the other.  

The suggestion I would make, is somehow tailor an ala cart system.   I don't need or want a lot of perks, but would definitely enjoy a handful of specific ones.  Heck, I'd probably give up all the perks for an increase on the 5% cruise discount, but I'd still want priority boarding.

Edited by some_body
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, some_body said:

As a recent first time cruiser on MSC and status matched into Black, I'll share my 0.02 currency of your choice.  This was Port Canaveral on the Divina, for reference.

We enjoyed the priority embarkation, and complementary specialty restaurant.   The rest really didn't thrill me on way or the other.  

The suggestion I would make, is somehow tailor an ala cart system.   I don't need or want a lot of perks, but would definitely enjoy a handful of specific ones.  Heck, I'd probably give up all the perks for an increase on the 5% cruise discount, but I'd still want priority boarding.

Black card holders in the old Loyalty club received  a 20% discount on future cruises, Gold 10 and Silver 5, MSC ruined all that when they brought out the VC and status match and changed to 5% across the board for all levels. Cannot see them going back.

• Like 1