Has MSC any plans to add another tier beyond Voyager Club Black ?

blordos

I'm current holding 14,700 point in the MSC Voyager Club. That makes my membership diamond. Any accumulation beyond this point has no extra benefits.

Do MSC has plans to extent the tiers ? I think it was better just to add the diamond tier above the black like at 20,000 points. And introduce a special MSC diamond card with the Swarovski crystals.

image.png.0870c99041d237d4326da3052db17421.png

I'm in the same boat as you, some CC folk have exponentially more. However, your continued cruising enables you to retain your diamond status (otherwise lost after 36 months to my knowledge). I believe this question was already posed to UK Sales and MSC has no plans to extend the scheme at this time, unless someone else has insider info! 😄 

• Like 1

All of the cruise lines need to continue to expand their loyalty programs upper level.  HAL has it's President Club.  But, my goodness, there is a significant gap between the 5 Star Mainer level and what needs to qualify for the President's Club.  Seriously doubt at this stage of the cruise lines returning to sailing that loyalty membership benefits/levels even register on the executives radar screen of concern.  

• Like 1

There is a major question you will need to answer to adding another tier, what benefits is the line going to give to differentiate from the existing Diamond benefits, and what if anything do you take away from existing Diamond because you want to preserve benefits for the top tier.  And really the push higher creates a situation where the program starts debating who they want to reward, and to a certain extent MSC does that a lot better than a lot of other lines of differentiating level even more than just suite or not for awarding credit.  

On 8/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, rkacruiser said:

All of the cruise lines need to continue to expand their loyalty programs upper level.  HAL has it's President Club.  But, my goodness, there is a significant gap between the 5 Star Mainer level and what needs to qualify for the President's Club.  Seriously doubt at this stage of the cruise lines returning to sailing that loyalty membership benefits/levels even register on the executives radar screen of concern.  

The only reason they look at loyalty membership/levels is to see where they can cut costs right now.  It is why the ships were replaced with smaller chocolate bars.  

19 hours ago, mowogo said:

And really the push higher creates a situation where the program starts debating who they want to reward, and to a certain extent MSC does that a lot better than a lot of other lines of differentiating level even more than just suite or not for awarding credit.  

That, and also, Diamond members need to cruise once every 3 years to maintain membership. That's surely a good enough incentive to leave things as is.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mowogo said:

The only reason they look at loyalty membership/levels is to see where they can cut costs right now.  It is why the ships were replaced with smaller chocolate bars.  

Still got chocolate ships (x2) on each of our last 3 sailings in the past 6 months... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Still got chocolate ships (x2) on each of our last 3 sailings in the past 6 months... 

I want a ship, but have accepted if it is just a bar.  Will be interesting to see what I get in a couple weeks

9 hours ago, sidari said:

The New Tier rumour has circulated since about 2015, some people have over 50,000 points, MSC need to up their game.

You mean some people return to MSC without the incentive of a higher tier, and you seriously wonder why MSC “won't move their game”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iwtobek said:

You mean some people return to MSC without the incentive of a higher tier, and you seriously wonder why MSC “won't move their game”?

I don't wonder anything about MSC any longer having +20k in points.

We get the choc ships, great dinner for two, 2 pictures, gifts.  Cannot imagine what more they can give us?  I spoke to the HD in April and he asked if I was satisfied with the loyalty program, 30,000 + points.  I said it was amazing and there is no reason to enhance it.  

There is nothing more we would want that is realistic.  We only cruise in the YC which has its own amenities that enough is enough.  He undoubtedly passed my comments on.  Once you reach 10,000 points its over.  You get great amenities as long as you cruise once every 3 yrs as mentioned above.   

i just don't want to see the loyalty program get watered down with benefits reduced.  The Captains Club benefits were watered down.  Zeniths have no access to the Retreat Lounge.  Only suite guests.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seadweller001 said:

There is nothing more we would want that is realistic.  We only cruise in the YC which has its own amenities that enough is enough.  He undoubtedly passed my comments on.  Once you reach 10,000 points its over.  You get great amenities as long as you cruise once every 3 yrs as mentioned above.   

We are 4-Star Mariners on HAL.  The only thing that will get me to sail them again is a really amazing longer itinerary. With the free laundry of 4-Star that becomes much more pleasant. Also, my 4-Star does not expire on HAL. So bringing back even limited gratis laundry for YC guests and Super Diamonds would be a nice one for MSC.

Dennis

• Like 3

Everytime we have sent clothes for dry cleaning or washing and ironing there is a calamity.  Iron burns, over bleached, buttons melted or missing.  We decided years ago whether gratuitous or not we will never do wash or dry cleaning on a cruise ship.  So, that perk would be of no benefit to us just as the YC free liquor is no benefit to us since we only drink water or tea.  Very content with the MSC Diamond perks! 

1 hour ago, Seadweller001 said:

Everytime we have sent clothes for dry cleaning or washing and ironing there is a calamity.  Iron burns, over bleached, buttons melted or missing.

We kinda like the bag o' laundry we get on Royal/Celeb but you are right about the damage it does to the clothing. We call it the Boil 'N Bake Laundry. One time, I sent a suit to be dry cleaned and it went through the Boil 'N Bake but I didn't notice it until I got home.

7 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

We kinda like the bag o' laundry we get on Royal/Celeb but you are right about the damage it does to the clothing. We call it the Boil 'N Bake Laundry. One time, I sent a suit to be dry cleaned and it went through the Boil 'N Bake but I didn't notice it until I got home.

My suits have been ruined but of course not notice until you get home.  So, this really isnt a perk on a cruise ship.  And fighting with the powers to be for a tear in a shirt is not worth the stress, especially with a yr or two yr old piece of clothing.  They claim it is valueless.  So, best bet if free  or pay, NO laundry on a ship.

i now bring 5 very very light 50 UV rated shirts for DAY/BEACH wear.  No sun screen needed and they wash in the sink and dry in no time.  The days of shlepping 7 long sleeve shirts, suits, tux plus accessories are OVER.  My point?  Nothing to even wash or dry clean with the new casual dress clothes.

Edited by Seadweller001
  • Like 1

Free laundry would be nice.  Done it at least a dozen times and never a calamity over several lines.  A nice perk and if you don't trust it, don't use it, very simple.

Edited by dexddd
  • Like 4

On 8/22/2022 at 6:40 AM, sidari said:

The New Tier rumour has circulated since about 2015, some people have over 50,000 points, MSC need to up their game.

Such thoughts have been posted about the loyalty programs for HAL, Princess, et al.  

The cruise lines have many more essential things about which to be concerned than their loyalty programs.  Once the better days for cruise lines(financially) return, time, then, to put "some pressure on" the companies regarding their loyalty programs.  

• Like 1

I feel a lot of what made the MSC special has been taken away 😞    Going on my last 4 experiences:-

The drinks package used to include a much larger choice in the champagne bar, the smokey cocktails were included, the mini bar was included.  On Virtuosa, the bar behind that Rob Robot used to to be included (thats all speciality now).    On a ship with a shortage of seating I think this area is a massive white elephant. 

Again on Virtuosa, i think the "Britishness" has taken away somewhat from the Italian style.  

I know I am going to miss not getting a chocolate ship. 

Don´t forget, MSC started only a few years before to really push aggressive in the US market and offered the status match. Before somebody with "Black" was something most have heard of but never seen. No wonder with the 1 night / 1 point system even for a YC booking. 

Now things are different of cause, but certainly it is guaranteed that a "new" status will get the benefits of Black/Diamond and B/D will be downgraded to Gold and so on.

So without any doubt the best that can happen for us cruisers is that MSC is not touching the current system. 

Edited by perakcruiser
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Don´t forget, MSC started only a few years before to really push aggressive in the US market and offered the status match. Before somebody with "Black" was something most have heard of but never seen. No wonder with the 1 night / 1 point system even for a YC booking. 

Now things are different of cause, but certainly it is guaranteed that a "new" status will get the benefits of Black/Diamond and B/D will be downgraded to Gold and so on.

So without any doubt the best that can happen for us cruisers is that MSC is not touching the current system. 

They aggressively push it, but I’ve also encountered many people on my cruise next week that weren’t aware of the program.

I am quite pleased with the program as it is now although I would love if they threw in laundry like a few (or most?) of the other lines.  I usually leave the chocolate ship behind because it's bulky (and melty) to pack, so changing that to a chocolate bar doesn't bother me in the least.  I really enjoyed the Diamond Party in the past, and wondering if they have brought that back yet?

Also curious if anyone has taken advantage of the dancing lesson, and if so, what did you think?  

No, never done dancing and always found that odd but maybe older people like it or a ruse to lure HAL passengers.

Our first trip had two ships in backpack at MIA.  Never seen so much scrutiny of anything before.  Since that, they go  in checked luggage, or at least they used to if they are gone.