Fort lauderdale

Holly g

We have stated at Hilton Marina and before  it closed the Pier 66 Hotel(it was near the Grille 66 Restaurant so that was why we liked it . Now we find that the Renaissance is closer to shopping and to Boatyard and Epstein's Bagel.  All on 17th Street are good.

We always stay at (just booked again last night for January cruise) Marriott Renaissance Marina Hotel on SE 17th Street. Close to port and restaurants witihin walking distance of hotel. 

In the past we"ve been able to make reservations for bus transport to the port. Cost was per person but, since it's been 2 years since our last cruise out of FLL, have no idea what the current cost would be. 

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We like the Hilton Marina, near the port and restaurants.  There are threads on this if you search;  many preferences from posters.

I like the Hilton fort lauderdale marina but the $30 resort fee is not worth it plus its not a resort. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

We always stay at (just booked again last night for January cruise) Marriott Renaissance Marina Hotel on SE 17th Street. Close to port and restaurants witihin walking distance of hotel. 

In the past we"ve been able to make reservations for bus transport to the port. Cost was per person but, since it's been 2 years since our last cruise out of FLL, have no idea what the current cost would be. 

The Renaissance by the cruise port is nice and cheaper than the Hilton. Nice pool as well.

We stayed at the Riverside too. Good position near plenty of restaurants and bars. The on-siterestaurant is good for breakfast too. A boardwalk is opposite for a pleasant morning walk too. Reasonable pool too. The Uber too port not too expensive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hawkesbaynz said:

We stayed at the Riverside too. Good position near plenty of restaurants and bars. The on-siterestaurant is good for breakfast too. A boardwalk is opposite for a pleasant morning walk too. Reasonable pool too. The Uber too port not too expensive. 

I'm debating whether to stay at The Riverside or Renaissance Fort Lauderdale.  Prices are about the same. 

3 hours ago, Oville said:

When did they add the resort fee?

They have always had a resort fee and I have stayed there several times. $20 of the fee can be used towards food and drink but if one doesn't use it they will still charge the full amount on check out.  Part of that fee is for the use of pool towels.

Another vote for Embassy suites…

Good sized room.

Decent on site bar/restaurant (nothing fancy but great if you are tired after a day travelling).

Nicely designed pool area.

Lots of good local restaurants.

Shops for any last minute needs.

Easy to get the boat taxi from.

Breakfast included.

Evening manager’s reception included.

Book a port facing room and get up at the crack of dawn to see your ship come in…

Over the years we have tried several other hotels but Embassy suites is the one that we keep returning to…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, drakes2 said:

They have always had a resort fee and I have stayed there several times. $20 of the fee can be used towards food and drink but if one doesn't use it they will still charge the full amount on check out.  Part of that fee is for the use of pool towels.

Thanks, we always stay there and never noticed it but we do eat dinner on the pool deck so $20 is put to good use.

• Like 1

I agree with all the recommendations above.  One very good thing about Riverside is that you are right on Las Olas where there are lots of options for dinner, drinks, or what have you.  The Embassy Suites is quite good, too!

One hotel I will warn you about is the Holiday Inn on 17th.  It's a nice place, and the people are great, but there is an industrial complex right behind it.  If you are on that side, things can get VERY noisy at night!

1 hour ago, ckmillertime said:

How far is the water taxi from the Embassy suites on 17th ave? Thanks, I have limited walking ability.

And does the water taxi have a step up or down? I can't do steps very well.

Its actually quite a long walk if you have mobility issues not sure about the steps but I wouldn't worry about that as they will help you on and off the water taxi. 

On 8/21/2022 at 2:56 AM, drakes2 said:

I've never noticed I paid a resort fee in the many times I've stayed there.  I wonder why it's not mentioned $20 can go towards food and drink on some kind of pre-paperwork when registering? I'll have to call and find out.

7 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've never noticed I paid a resort fee in the many times I've stayed there.  I wonder why it's not mentioned $20 can go towards food and drink on some kind of pre-paperwork when registering? I'll have to call and find out.

They only mention it when you check in.  I did forget to mention that the resort fee also covers wifi but I already have it with my Hilton Honors.  

6 hours ago, DCPIV said:

One hotel I will warn you about is the Holiday Inn on 17th.  It's a nice place, and the people are great, but there is an industrial complex right behind it.  If you are on that side, things can get VERY noisy at night!

Was this a recent stay? 

5 hours ago, ckmillertime said:

How far is the water taxi from the Embassy suites on 17th ave? Thanks, I have limited walking ability.

And does the water taxi have a step up or down? I can't do steps very well.

Staying at the Embassy Suites you can catch the free LauderGo shuttle (formerly called the Sun Trolley) from the Harbor Shops Publix (directly behind the Emassy Suites) to the Hilton Marina next to the water taxi stop.  See
https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

It's about 1.2 miles to the closest water taxi stop...

image.thumb.png.02377ec42af2705ae9782c31a90a85d3.png